Hello & turned the tables on Southwark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The extra amounts that Perky et al. have been awarded, unless I am mistaken, relate to the court costs, not to costs incurred by them up to that point.

No. Perky includes his legal costs up to and including acting to issue the summons. Such costs are recoverable. Costs for appearing in front of the judge, witness costs, etc. are not allowable.

No. Perky includes his legal costs up to and including acting to issue the summons. Such costs are recoverable. Costs for appearing in front of the judge, witness costs, etc. are not allowable.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Is this something that is defined within legislation / pre-action protocol, or does it have a common law basis?

What ever your views of the merit of my case against Southwark , because they failed to enter a defence to the court action ,failed to answer any of my letters , today I have received a document entitled

"Notice of Judgement Entered "

From that I presume my action against Southwark was a success

Perhaps next time when they are written to they will reply and resolve the matter quickly

O and BTW the £16.40 I have won will be donated to Cancer research

Edited by sparkeyrjp
extra text added

• 4 weeks later...

I Have FINALLY received a cheque from Southwark , It took a letter to the Chief Executive with a threat of Warrant of Execution and bailiffs if no reply was received within 14 days ,

Whatever some of might have thought of the merit of my action , all Southwark need to have done was to reply to my letters ( all sent recorded), and I would have been happy for the original £16.40 to have been refunded

They ignored every letter , the County Court action, and until my final letter ,the Judgement,

It was this total disregard for me that lead me to pursue it to the end and they have learnt a lesson ( I hope ) and will in future reply to letters sent to them.

Good job - shows that the clear, firm, approach gets results. Probably a lot faster (and more profitably in this case) than getting into a letters war with them :)

:!:Nothing I post should be taken as legal advice. It is offered as an opinion only.:!:

This warning is in my signature because I'm not organised enough to remember to type

it in every post.

And you're considering trusting me????:eek: