style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey All,

At the moment I have just applied for a let with my best mate. We are planning on moving in on the first of December and as it is my 21st bday that month and christmas, i'm hopping to get it. I currently have a credit rating at poor, due to my previous flatmate. We opened a joint bank account together and she has now just finally offered to pay the final amount off as i have paid more than half and she caused the problems in the first place. Unfortuantly it has damanged my credit file. I'm a full time student at the moment with 3 credit cards that are all in sink and when my bursary finally arrives... i went self supporting which took alot of effort to get and resulted in my delayed payment... in any case I am going to pay off the 2 credit cards when this arrives and keep my student credit card. In any case this has had a bit of a impact on my credit file. I am going with 1-2-let don't know if anyone is familar with them? My new flat mate does not have a credit rating as he doesn't have a bank account etc. My mother is going garantor and has an excellent credit rating. Our wages more than cover the flat. Leasegaurd is the company running the check and i even have a good reference from my previous landlord. So i was just wondering do u believe it is possible for us to get this tennancy? I am a little concerned as I seem to have a CCJ on my file that is not mine, it is another mans in a different flat possition. I have contact experian about this, but they still haven't removed it. I'm just wondering if you feel it is possible for us to get this flat as i am convinced my credit rating will fail and as my mate has no credit rating they can't check up on him. Although our employeer is ready to confirm our wages etc. I was also wondering will they run the check on us first and if it fails go to the garantor? I'm unsure.

Anyways, I hope someone can offer some help... please :) As i'm really concerned about not getting a flat till after christmas. Im living in my cousins spare flat with no furniture etc.

The guarantor situation should help in getting the flat.

One word of caution, best mates DO fall out and if your mother signs as guarantor then she will have to cover ANY losses the Landlord incurs.

Your best mate could easily do a flit and leave your mum with a huge bill.

Ask the Agent/LL if they could take separate guarantors to cover half each of the rent. This would prevent any problems for mum if you and the friend fall out.