Home Visit

gooseygander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably checking you live where you say and circumstances you have stated...............

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

and that you're not working..................

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

• 3 weeks later...

You say you've never had a home visit before ---- you're lucky - since august I've been investigated by the Council - Inland Revenue - Working Tax Credits - Breavement Agency - JSA and others.

Sick to the back-teeth of it - and getting paranoid --- but at least I know that somebody is secure in their job!!!!!!!

HI, from my experience, it is normally just a routine check on the claim. Completely random check in most cases. They have an obligation to ensure that checks are made and they mostly do this by randomly selecting cases.

I wouldnt worry to much about it. If you are, just double check that everything you have said is correct, if it is then relax.

It isn't routine to randomly visit claimants.

Without knowing the full story it is likely that there is something on the claim you made that they have to check before they can pay you. The fact that they have told you they are coming means that they are not visiting to check something to do with a fraudulent claim so don't worry about heavy-handed officers interrogating you.

Without knowing the full story it is likely that there is something on the claim you made that they have to check before they can pay you. The fact that they have told you they are coming means that they are not visiting to check something to do with a fraudulent claim so don't worry about heavy-handed officers interrogating you.

Im afraid it is routine to randomly visit to check claims, i know this as I used to sit next to the person who made visits for a couple of years, lovely lady she was, used to make coffee every morning without fail.

"It's not uncommon for claimants to receive a visit from Customer Compliance Officer's, it's something the DWP introduced about two years ago, and most often it's to check that you're getting the right amount of benefit you should be on, or that there hasn't been a change in your circumstances which could affect your benefit. This could be that your condition has worsened and you haven't let them know it, or that it's improved and you've failed to declare it.

The staff who carry out these visits work mainly from a JobCentre Plus, but Housing Authorities also employ them to check CTB and HB claims.

They are not part of the DWP's Fraud Team, most are clerical officers who take your details and report back to their line manager. They do not have the same powers as the fraud team, they can ask you for identification and proof of your income and savings. They cannot interview 'under caution' as they don't have the authority to do this, but after the initial visit, they can pass it to either a local fraud officer, or if serious fraud is suspected, to the DWP's Regional Fraud Team in your area, who both have the authority to interview under PACE rules"

Edited by version302003

When split from partner I was in quite a state and didnt realise it. I received a call from someone from isupport wanting to come round. She checked my application and decided I should be applying for other benefits, she helped me with original forms and I was granted it.

Allthough I am terribly paranoid, if that lady hadnt called I probably wouldnt have known what I was entitled to.

So if they call it could also benefit you if you are in similar circumstances.

Im afraid it is routine to randomly visit to check claims, i know this as I used to sit next to the person who made visits for a couple of years, lovely lady she was, used to make coffee every morning without fail.

"It's not uncommon for claimants to receive a visit from Customer Compliance Officer's, it's something the DWP introduced about two years ago, and most often it's to check that you're getting the right amount of benefit you should be on, or that there hasn't been a change in your circumstances which could affect your benefit. This could be that your condition has worsened and you haven't let them know it, or that it's improved and you've failed to declare it.

The staff who carry out these visits work mainly from a JobCentre Plus, but Housing Authorities also employ them to check CTB and HB claims.

They are not part of the DWP's Fraud Team, most are clerical officers who take your details and report back to their line manager. They do not have the same powers as the fraud team, they can ask you for identification and proof of your income and savings. They cannot interview 'under caution' as they don't have the authority to do this, but after the initial visit, they can pass it to either a local fraud officer, or if serious fraud is suspected, to the DWP's Regional Fraud Team in your area, who both have the authority to interview under PACE rules"

Where does this quote come from? Compliance can only visit under certain criteria and not from a pot luck shuffle of claims.

It is comepletely routine to visit claimants and it is becoming more frequent too. And it is pot luck that out of, say, every 100, 5 will be visited.

They just go over the claim you made with them and that is basically it.

The letter you received sounds like the standard letter sent out for these visits and is nothing to worry about.

In fact, the chap who visited my sister was thoroughly decent and actually found she should have been receiving £8 per week more!:)

It was he who told us it is random.