Help!can anybody tell me how to make sure if the landlord put the deposite into the TDS?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I rent a 4 room house with other three friends, the contract was from October 2007 to August 2008, We have moved out since September 2008, but the landlord still hold our 3900 pounds deposite,during that long period, we did not receive any letter from TDS, after we moved out, i asked my landlord for our TDS reference number, but he said he already sent to us before,i asked him to send me again, but he never reply to me to say yes or no, i asked the agency which signed the contract behalf of the landlord to get the reference for us, but the landlord won't give to him either, it's strange! Can anybody tell me how many TDS company in uk which i can make call to each to check if my landlord put our money into the TDS and what's their company's name and telephone number, if the landlord does not, i will take him to the court. Thanks!

HI

Take a look here Who runs the tenancy deposit protection schemes? : Directgov - Tenancy Deposit

I your case I would write to your landlord telling him that unless he either refunds your deposit or provides you with the information you need to have your deposit refunded, within 14 days you will take action in the small claims court to recover the money from him personally.

thank you for your information, i have called all the companies you metioned above, they all said there is no information on my contract address. should i write a LBA directly for my full deposite or should i go to court for 4 times deposite back ? thanks