Rats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How can some people be so completely heartless?

Humans cause the Earth a lot more trouble than rats ever could, but I don't go drowning people in giant buckets of boiling water.

All Schroedinger is asking for is a decent, clean death for these animals.

I'm sure rats aren't everyone's cup of tea, but no one's asking you to get all snuggly with them - just ensure that they die a reasonably painless death.

Just because something isn't 'cute' (and I think pet rats are, actually), it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve dignity.

To answer your question, Shroedinger, I would urge you to get in touch with the RSPCA - at least there you might be taken as seriously as you should be.

elelbee x

• Haha 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My cat will on average kill a rodent a day, sometimes more than one if she has found a nest in the countryside.

Also she roams freely on my estate so she controls and deters any rodent type critter who may be stupid enough to nest on or near my property.

An alsation dog lost an eye to her when it was foolish enough to attack her.

She's nails.

And a rat will much prefer an attic or cavity wall of an outbuilding to nest rather than ground level for safety and warmth-you need to learn a bit more!

And a cat owner cannot be prosecuted for their cat doing a poo or killing protected rodents-unlike a dog owner.

You should get your facts right.

Actually according to research - Rats nest in any safe location near food and water. Outdoors, rats burrow into the ground. Indoors, nesting occurs in double walls, between ceilings and floors, in closed-in areas around worktops, and anywhere rubbish is allowed to accumulate.

It alarms me somewhat the level of rodents you seem to have in and around your "estate" mr o'sullivan i definitely think you must have a pest problem! Also the fact that your Super Cat catches one rodent a day seems irrelevant with regards to a rodent infestation as due to the breeding habits of rodents (The average life span of a rat is 18 months. Young are born about 22 days after mating and mature rapidly. Single females may have as many as 6 litters per year, averaging 6 to 14 young each. By 3 months of age, the young are independent and capable of reproduction. If not controlled, an infestation of rats will rapidly increase.) so obviously they would re infest any establishment before they were extinguished if they used your cat method only to get shut of the critters!

I think you should leave matters of this nature to the experts and carry on stroking your pussy- as for the prosecution of dog owners i think you'll find they can be reprimanded for their dog killing a cat also but definitely not verminl!!

nawtynet, my property is surrounded by acres of open greenland and forest (not owned by me!), plenty of room for my cat to hunt and return a rodent.

That is not an infestation problem, it's is nature, and not all the rodents returned are rats.

And a dog owner can be charged for their dog killing vermin, didn't you know it is illegal to kill a fox with dogs??

I don't think you would last long out in the country!:lol:

nawtynet, my property is surrounded by acres of open greenland and forest (not owned by me!), plenty of room for my cat to hunt and return a rodent.

That is not an infestation problem, it's is nature, and not all the rodents returned are rats.

And a dog owner can be charged for their dog killing vermin, didn't you know it is illegal to kill a fox with dogs??

I don't think you would last long out in the country!:lol:

Aaaah so now you refer to the Hunting Act of 2004 where by and i quote "The Hunting Act bans activities that Parliament believed to be cruel sports and permitted activities that it believed to be necessary for land managers. Parliament accepted the view that, where rats and rabbits were pests, hunting them was legitimate."

As you well know Mr O'Sullivan the vermin to which i was referring to was the rat infestation that this whole thread was started for! I think you enjoy going of on tangents of irrelevance and digressing to petty tit for tat arguments that you are incapable of winning!

As for the Country comment, i do in fact live in the country i have horses and dogs and cats and live in acres of land which are in fact my own, i have had rat and mice problems in the past to which i have dealt with quickly and effectively using my terrier- which i think makes me more than qualified to comment on this thread- i regret to say it is doubtful you can say the same!:rolleyes:

Well I wouldn't swap my cat for your dog and I was born and bred in rural pastures.

I have had horses too and will be getting again once my divorce is finalised. I've never had a vermin infestation as I have always had excellent hunting cats who are the most effecient killing machine of small rodent type critters.

And I don't believe for one minute any country dweller would have sympathy for a rat.:rolleyes:

Well I wouldn't swap my cat for your dog and I was born and bred in rural pastures.

I have had horses too and will be getting again once my divorce is finalised. I've never had a vermin infestation as I have always had excellent hunting cats who are the most effecient killing machine of small rodent type critters.

And I don't believe for one minute any country dweller would have sympathy for a rat.:rolleyes:

I don't believe i ever said i had sympathy for rats i simply answered a question regarding the best method i have found for eliminating a rat infestation without the use of poison or a shovel! Maybe you are just lucky to have a wonder cat, my cats seem to be far happier catching birds for some unknown reason! :p

Rats serve no useful purpose whatsoever and just spread disease.

If every rat on earth was killed I wouldn't even flinch.

Oh, come on Mr Sullivan. I thought you were a bit more intelligent than that. Just Google "Rats" and "Food chain" and you will see that rats do serve a purpose.

hi

it appears my comment about the need to inflict pain on things being an illness was deemed as an insult and has been edited out for those of you that read it i was just offering advice and if any insult was taken i apologise for that.

it was me that started this post and its sole purpose was to find out the law relating to the killing of vermin as i was not happy with the drown them in boiling water method as i ,and as it turns out the law find it cruel.

it seems that a minority seem to take pleasure in inflicting as much pain as possible in carrying out what is i`m sad to say is a necessary task there is no doubt in my mind that this is the wrong attitude and for the life of me i cannot see how someone finds causing pain (sadism)to be pleasurable but each to their own

i do however find it hard to understand how blatantly antagonistic and unhelpful comments where missed by the moderators or allowed to go through unchallenged.

This post is over now as far as i`m concerned thank you to those who helped i`m glad to see the majority of people have a concience

Feel free to tip my scales :D

Schrodingers cat

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

IF I`VE BEEN OF HELP PLEASE TICKLE MY SCALES :D

You didnt read it properly then obviously. Just to give a couple of examples:

rats have been used in many experimental studies, which have added to our understanding of genetics, diseases, the effects of drugs, and other topics that have provided a great benefit for the health and wellbeing of humankind.
Rats, like all mammals, are edible by humans and are sometimes captured and eaten in emergency situations. For some cultures, rats are considered a staple. Bandicoot Rats are an important food source among some peoples in India and Southeast Asia.
rats in general play important roles in laboratory research, ecological food chains, and as pets.

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

With regards to the diseases caused by them, I am still 41 years later looking to find a human that has been infected by them!

I can give you an example of rats spreading diseases. The Black Death killed more than 100 million people, this was the second pandemic, the first killed many more than 100 million, halving Europe's population.

Also many people have died after inhaling a Hanta like disease that is present in dried rat droppings, this happens when the droppings turn to dust and are disturbed, you have about 3 days to live because your body starts to shut down after 2. Many other examples.

Before you all decide that rats are baddies, don't forget one little hero who wanted to be seen as a bad rat, but can put in his claim to saving a life. Templeton from Charlotte's web, we salute you sir :D

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

hi

it appears my comment about the need to inflict pain on things being an illness was deemed as an insult and has been edited out for those of you that read it i was just offering advice and if any insult was taken i apologise for that.

it was me that started this post and its sole purpose was to find out the law relating to the killing of vermin as i was not happy with the drown them in boiling water method as i ,and as it turns out the law find it cruel.

it seems that a minority seem to take pleasure in inflicting as much pain as possible in carrying out what is i`m sad to say is a necessary task there is no doubt in my mind that this is the wrong attitude and for the life of me i cannot see how someone finds causing pain (sadism)to be pleasurable but each to their own

i do however find it hard to understand how blatantly antagonistic and unhelpful comments where missed by the moderators or allowed to go through unchallenged.

This post is over now as far as i`m concerned thank you to those who helped i`m glad to see the majority of people have a concience

Schrodingers cat

Nobody has said they take pleasure in inflicting pain, I've said I kill rats very quickly by splattering them with a shovel, this is what everybody who is responsible should do.

If we all left Mr Ratty Rat go about his business unchallenged then we will all die of disease.

Why won't you accept this?

Possibly because no one is disputing this - from what I have read, people really only want to see them killed humanely and not subject to unnecessary cruelty.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Possibly because no one is disputing this - from what I have read, people really only want to see them killed humanely and not subject to unnecessary cruelty.

Neither do I! But some members seem to think I do.

One member says rats should be treated humanely then says they are useful for laboratory experiments!:confused:

And he says they are part of the food chain but you can't go to a takeaway and have a roasted rat inbetween some pitta bread in the UK!

If somebody poured boiling water over one to kill it and it agonised to death I wouldn't have a problem with it.

so whats this

i`m sad to say is a necessary task

Schrodingers cat

and this

your out of your depth stick to your old brush or your missing clothes

so whats this

Somebody which is a person other than me!

I don't have a problem with rats in labs suffering, which is legal, I don't have a problem with rats dying a very painful lingering death from poisin pellets which is also legal.

I don't do these things but others do and its legal. I don't go and watch the suffering but I don't lose sleep over it either.

Why don't you pick on them instead?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks