• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Gross Misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am to attend a disciplinary hearing for gross misconduct.

I had completed a transaction not following company procedures and have been accused of completing the procedure to defraud the company of company monies.

I admit to completing the transaction with full intention to pay a client but with errors in cashing up and not fully informing my manager about said transaction, I now find myself in hot water.

I must stipulate that at no time was any monies removed from my till regarding said transaction. The cashing up procedure does not show the balance of the payment but shows more than half..

I had an investigative interview and in all honesty bottled it. I was speechless and could not believe it was taken this far.

The investigator repeatedly told me my best options were to resign but I didnt think I warranted this response.

Any more info required just ask.

Firstly, you'd be mad to resign before you have to- you could leave it as late as the morning of the disciplinary to resign.

When is your disco and when did you receive the paperwork?

On the investigation notes does it highlight how the investigator was recommending you resign?

I'm attending the hearing although I haven't received the paperwork as of yet to as when it is and so forth.

The investigation notes do not highlight how he was recommending my resignation or any remark he made except that he will recommend dismissal.

I do not believe it is for him to "recommend" anything. It is for him as an investigating officer to establish the facts- interview people, confirms dates, actions, etc.

He should then pass it onto a seperate party who will then make a decision of whether or not there is a case for a hearing or not.

And then it should be a different person again who actually conducts the disciplinary, and I'm sure they should not have had any recommenedations from anyone- the investigating officer, your boss, etc.

I might be wrong but I think that is dodgy.

Also did you sign and date the notes taken from your investigation meeting to confirm that what they had scribed was an accurate reflection on your meeting?

He put this under the findings header.

I did sign but not date, the notes from the meeting.

I was informed that the notes will be passed onto a different person who will conduct the hearing.

I absolutely agree with Lookingtobuy - the investigator should not be recommending anything other that in his opinion the matter warrants a disciplinary hearing. His opinion is prejudicial and a breach of the disciplinary process, as is his advice that you should resign before you have actually been found guilty of anything.

You should never resign your position without a correctly drawn up compromise agreement guaranteeing (at least) a mutually acceptable reference. In resigning you would lose basic employment rights with little means of redress, and the employer would still be at liberty to advise a future employer that you resigned whilst the subject of a disciplinary hearing.

You should go ahead with a disciplinary hearing and make sure that this is carried out properly, which should mean that you have:-

1. Written notice of the meeting, an outline of the allegation, and a warning as to what the result might be if you are deemed guilty.

2. The right to have a witness (work colleague or TU Rep) present

3. Written details of the findings and outcome, together with a right to appeal.

A crucial issue though is how long you have worked there. If less than 12 months then the fact that they may breach procedure is irrelevant as you may not bring a case for Unfair Dismissal unless you believe that their actions were discriminatory.

• Haha 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Unfortunately I'm 10 days away from 12 months service, I didn't know this was a crucial matter in any such proceedings. Do this mean I have even less in my favour come the hearing. Although the job is not the greatest, I did enjoy it mostly and wonder if I am dismiss would it reflect badly on my future employability.

Right. The situation is that if the employer fails to follow procedure, then any subsequent dismissal is 'automatically unfair', however the law says that you may not bring a case of Unfair Dismissal to a Tribunal until you have completed 12 months service unless the dismissal is due to one of certain exceptions permitted, most notably in circumstances of discrimination.

Unless you believe that this is the case, sadly you have a dilemma. The employer can in essence dismiss you for any reason he chooses, safe in the knowledge that there is little you can do. How likely is it that you can defend yourself against this allegation? It may be time to discuss the resignation option after all.....

Edited by Sidewinder

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

My managers says I should fight the case and both are willing to speak on my behalf but I feel more and more depressed just thinking about.

My former manager is willing to attend the hearing with me. My current manager will also stand for me. Its the uncertainty of the outcome will be that troubles me most.

I would both fight the case and find a reason to delay the disciplinary hearing and get over the 12 month threshold.

1) you are entitled to be accompanied by a trade union rep or colleague of your choice - it could be difficult to arrange for such a thing before your anniversary.

2) If they give you less than 7 days notice of the disciplinary and the details, then write back and ask that the meeting be delayed in order for you to have adequate time to prepare a defence.

3) Just go sick for a week.

I would both fight the case and find a reason to delay the disciplinary hearing and get over the 12 month threshold.

1) you are entitled to be accompanied by a trade union rep or colleague of your choice - it could be difficult to arrange for such a thing before your anniversary.

2) If they give you less than 7 days notice of the disciplinary and the details, then write back and ask that the meeting be delayed in order for you to have adequate time to prepare a defence.

3) Just go sick for a week.

Thats just what i did, went sick for a month due to stress just to take me over the 12 month mark

My case didnt ever get to tribunal but it is a legitimate way of extending the time frame

Thats why i asked when the disciplinary was as i was going to advise the same thing, but OP didnt reply

Thanks for the advice guys.

I was told I would receive the date & time for discplinary in the post. I am now awaiting that now. Been off the site due to my partner having dicky tummy. So had my hands full with the bairns.

The going sick part, I dont understand as I'm currently suspended. So how would I go about doing that? Although I dont think I will.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I was told I would receive the date & time for discplinary in the post. I am now awaiting that now. Been off the site due to my partner having dicky tummy. So had my hands full with the bairns.

The going sick part, I dont understand as I'm currently suspended. So how would I go about doing that? Although I dont think I will.

Its easy, even if you are suspended you are still in their employ so you go to the doc and tell them you're having problems at work (dont tell them what problems) and get him to sign you off with stress (however long it takes to take you over the 12 months limit) easy!!!!!!:wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Thanks for all the help.

I wasn't dismissed but am on a final warning for 12 months.

Once again thanks for the perceived hope you instilled into to me.

My Manager also going to have words with investigative officer regarding his repeated pressuring of "forcing" me to resign. He was not at all happy with this.