• Tweets

• Whatever the nuances of the law, they will be lost on OPS, who like the rest of the PPcs never bother to get planning permission, ever. When they get a new contract they don't want to delay issuing PCNs by deigning to follow the law, especially as the period when they take over and the parking restrictions are new is the time when they can catch most drivers out.
    • I had some contact with this company earlier in my working life but I'm afraid there's not a lot I can suggest that you haven't already done. During your grandfather's time  British Celanese was a subsidiary of Courtaulds. Courtaulds was subsequently (after your grandfather had stopped working there) acquired by Alzo Nobel. They in turn closed down the Spondon site and sold it. I have no idea what the number is that you are trying to call. It's a Derby (Spondon) area code but the number appears not to be allocated. From my slim knowledge of the history of the company I would have expected your grandfather's pension to be in the Alzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme.  But Willis Tower Watson are the Pension Scheme Administrator of that scheme and would be the people who should know if your grandfather had contributed. Is your grandfather certain he contributed? Joining pension schemes wasn't compulsory in those days. Or might he have got his contributions returned when he left them? That happened sometimes back then. Sorry not to be of more help.      
    • I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June. The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further. My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.
    • I am very pleased that the Court has taken the decision to allow you to  represent your son and hope that he is happy enough with that to relieve the stress he will also be feeling. I do agree that Bank parking are so insensitive, greedy, horrible etc etc to continue proceedings considering  in what it is a very minor case of a wrong number plate . Even their  own  IAS Assessors, who are normally hopelessly biased in favour of their members, went out on a limb and said  " The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." That is damning evidence and you must take that report with you as well as including that in your Witness Statement which we will help you with. I would expect that Bank would discontinue the case at that point.  But I am sorry to say  that you should not count on it.  
    • Evening all,   I have deliberated over this offer for two weeks and I have decided to take their offer. I do understand that some may prefer us to go to court and receive a judgement but with our personal circumstances and my current military commitment that could become an issue. I am so grateful for all the help and support you have all offered me over the last few months. I will continue to monitor this site and push all those that are being wrong to get in touch.   Thank you! what you all do is truly amazing!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

cancer missdiagnose

raymy1954
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer july 2005 given 3 months to live advised to trial phase2 m200 and chemo every mon for 1year 38 chemos later still working fulltime stopped ffwwd july2008 went to western ae dept massive bleed in tumor same symptons as 2005 4pts blood biopsyx2 then they said could operate it neuroendocryne cancer 6 weeks later tumor out bloods ok ctscan ok 3d nuclear scan ok no cancer cells in body maby someone got it wrong

the tumour had grown 5times original size since original diag scan every 2months paid by drug company confirmed the prof said if he hadnt op 2008 it would nt been able to operate sugg you google panc cancer

I am familiar with pancreatic cancer thank you.

If the cancer was confirmed by so many scans and is now not visible on scans/bloods, what do you think someone got wrong?

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

original told cancer had spread lymph nodes stomach etc could not operate ffwwd 2008 other doctors said its less aggresive neuroendocryne if it grows any bigger we couldnt operate also said 38 chemo and trial were not suitable for type of cancer nb 2 diff hospitals 2 diff opinions do you think someone got wrong

• 1 month later...

Could you translate this into English please? Even for a neuroendocrine cancer surely chemo wouldn't have done any harm. If they've debrided and sorted the tumour out and you are now free of cancer, I really can't understand why you're complaining.

original told cancer had spread lymph nodes stomach etc could not operate ffwwd 2008 other doctors said its less aggresive neuroendocryne if it grows any bigger we couldnt operate also said 38 chemo and trial were not suitable for type of cancer nb 2 diff hospitals 2 diff opinions do you think someone got wrong
I've highlighted those bits for a reason. You were originally told. You had treatment. The cancer became less aggressive. I hate to point out the obvious and at the risk of sounding condescending, isn't that what treatment is meant to do? Reduce or eliminate? i.e make it less aggressive?

Also in your first post you said in 2008 there were no cancer cells in your body, but in the post I quoted above you said that in 2008 a doctor said it was less aggressive, which indicates that there was still some cancer there.

In addition, you say that a doctor in 2008 stated that your treatment were not suitable - I'm wondering if they were considered suitable at the time you received the treatment but no longer are - medical suitability changes frequently particularly where trials are concerned. You were given three months to live and are still here 3 years later.

I'm a little confused, could you be more clear in your posts please? We cannot help if you don't make it clear and write in abbreviations which are only legible to yourself. People will also be reluctant to help you if you are sarcastic to them as in:

sugg you google panc cancer

Poppy is a well respected member here and a highly trained nurse, her advice in these matters can be very valuable.

Edited by ErikaPNP
Woops, just realised how old this thread is! Ach well, I've typed it now!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 1 month later...

i hate to sound condescending but cancer was never ever aggressive it was im led to believe a carcinoma of the neuroendocryne gland of pancreas i have no medical knowledge and i am a bit of a luddite regarding computers the 38 chemos and TRIAL DRUG had to be stopped after 1 yea r to quote docs damaging organs that would prove more debillating the chemo was also certainly not a breeze and have been told if any further problems i will not be treated with chemo

Hi Raymy1954,

You have not fully explained everything in a way that other posters can follow easily or answered some of their questions.

If you truly want peoples opinions I would try give as much clear info as possible. Maybe you should seek the advise of a lawyer.

It would make an interesting medical negligence claim:confused: Surely it is better that they treated you for what could have been, rather than take the risk of not treating you....

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

read last sentence first post

Here is your first post:

i was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer july 2005 given 3 months to live advised to trial phase2 m200 and chemo every mon for 1year 38 chemos later still working fulltime stopped ffwwd july2008 went to western ae dept massive bleed in tumor same symptons as 2005 4pts blood biopsyx2 then they said could operate it neuroendocryne cancer 6 weeks later tumor out bloods ok ctscan ok 3d nuclear scan ok no cancer cells in body maby someone got it wrong

There IS no last sentance in your initial post, it is one long sentance with no punctuation to ascertain exactly what you mean by "last sentance", please clarify.

If you mean the part where you state that maybe someone got it wrong, then please refer to the earlier postings people have placed in reply to you asking you to clarify matters/provide further information, and asked you direct questions.

We cannot give any advise unless you are completely clear on the subject. We do not know you and we do not know the entire background, we have therefore asked you to answer some questions which you have failed to do, and as a result we have been unable to offer any assistance.

This is a good forum which can offer much valued help and people on here give up their own time (no-one is paid here for providing advice or information) however in order to offer sound and proper advise we do require a full understanding of your situation. A little politeness on your part towards the people who have taken the time to read and reply would not go amiss either, rather than remarks and telling people to re-read something which they have already required clarification on.

i.e:

cancer was never ever aggressive
Earlier you stated:
original told cancer had spread lymph nodes stomach etc could not operate ffwwd 2008 other doctors said its less aggresive
No-one ever stated that the cancer was aggressive, words from your own posts were quoted, where you earlier stated that the cancer was less aggressive, that's all.

Have you spoken in-depth to your healthcare professionals regarding your concerns?

Edited by ErikaPNP

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

The chemo has certainly worked well for you, please do continue with your reviews, I wish you luck for the future.

Andy

thank you for all posts i would be gratefull for comments on medical notes as follows july 2005 endoscopic ultrasound of pancreas demonstrated a 5 cm mass in tail of panc with adjacent lymphadenopathy the splenic vein was occluded with multiple venous collaterals the mass is most likely a panc adenocarcinoma Mr...(EDITED NAME) may end up needing a staging laparoscopy possible proceeding to a distal pancreatomy and splenectomy it would be best to vaccinate him preoperatively other hospital appointment sept 2005 panc adenocarcinoma with confirmedmetastatic lympth node involvement and vascular encasement the tumour is inoperable if you could see him with a view to pallative chemo sept 2005 at oncology mr...(EDITED NAME) is devastated at news he has inoperable met panc we discussed marginal benefits of pallative chemo he has agreed to attend cru for phase 2 study mr and mrs...(EDITED NAME) are both clearly struggling with his devastating news july 2008 surgical unit as you know this gentleman was admitted to ae with bleed into neuroendocryne tumour of panc core biopsy confirmed nature of this we did radical resection tail spleen and diaphragm pathology confirmed a neuroendocryne tumour all quotes from notes is it normal practice to act on most likely a carcinoma many thanks please excuse grammer etc

Edited by 42man
deleted names

You have left your name in the notes - you may want to remove that.

There is an axiom in medicine, what is most common is most common.

What this means is that yes they would treat for the most common condition that fits the presenting symptoms/results. The human body is a very complex machine and there are literally hundreds of conditions that can present the same symptoms. You cannot possibly treat or investigate for them all so what you do is treat for the most likely and see if that works. If not then you look to next most common.

Commonly treatments are impirical, meaning that there is no particular sound scientific rationale for using them, but they still work, and sometimes conditions are idiopathic which means that they happen for no discernable reason, but people still get sick.

We are not at the stage yet where we understand everything about the human body, how it works and how it goes wrong. We cannot simply plug someone into a computer and have a difinitive diagnosis of fault.

medicine has made leaps and bounds but we still have a long way to go.

My advice would be, be grateful that your prognosis is clearly much more favourable than first thought and enjoy the remainder of your life. There are many who would be pleased at the opportunity.