Urgent Advice needed RE Welcome Finance and my credit report!

Foenix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me out

I have currently Clear Financial solutions "looking" after my debts for me and I pay them and they pay Welcome Finance (I got sick of the harrasment) But today I decided to take more control and ordered my credit file online and was very shocked to see as per my attached pic

1. My loan with Welcome has been "settled" ( Loan was initially £2000)

2. A new entry appears below it with Welcome for £4,370! and not £1627 that CFS advised I owed.

So I guess CFS did not manage to stop any further interest or charges so I call them up asking just to clarify how much do I owe Welcome they advised £1627 and "But they havn't updated us this is what we have" Bearing in mind they have been "handling" my debt with welcome for nearly a year. I have never received any correspondance about this so I told CFS what they seem to have done is effectivaly settle my loan with them and start a new one for £4,370, is that legal?! The guy advised he would look into it but to be honest I don't think they know their @rses from their elbows!

Please can someone help me with any advice :(

(Ps this is an unsecured loan Not car finance)

Picture when attached showed up too small you can see full size through this link

http://www.pixelshack.com/img/20791ScreenHunter_01%20Oct.%2031%2009.33.gif

Edited by Foenix

If WFS have renegotiated to a cheaper payment they will have extended the term and changed this to a modified account. When an account is modified it will show up as a new loan even though it isn't. The added amount is probably the interest over the longer term.