Brunel Franklin / conkers etc etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

anyone else had problems with these companies ?

heres my experience... back in Sept 2005 I had engaged this company to manage my endowment mortgage mis-selling claim (yes with hindsight I now know better) I fell for the slick marketing and promises of speed efficiency etc etc as I was living and working outside of the UK at the time and having no knowledge of this field, I signed up having provided all the information to BF I soon received a set of claims froms to fill out from the original endowment providers via BF, at this point I complained that their marketing stated that they would be handling all the paperwork, and having already provided all the relevant info why was I having to fill in the forms, was told verbally when complaining that If I cancelled the agreement then I would still have to pay them 30% of anything I received.

At this point I was working abroad and did not have the time or the knowledge to deal with this so I let it ride, then in Jan 06 I got a "offer" on the first of the two endowments that was projected to have a shortfall of approx £18000 and was offered approx £2500, the letter from BF said they had "checked the offer and it conformed to agreed compensation guidelines" --- I rejected this "offer" as it was my understanding that this frim was supposed to be seeking compensation for a £18000 loss. Not just forwarding my letter to the endowment providers where a standard calculation was applied to determine the difference between a repayment/ endowment mortgage . I immediately wrote to the firm revoking my instruction for them to represent me in any form, and also informed the endowment companies. I then spent my own time researching the endowment miselling and dealing with the endowment companies myself some six months later I accepted approx £5500 in total for both policies.

I had an Email from BF in Jan 06 confirming that they had received my cancellation letter.

I had no further communication from them until Sept 08 when I received an email threating to issue me with a CC summons for £1975

I have contacted them resending a copy of my original complaint letter they have just decided that I have no grounds for complaint and say they have provided the service they were engaged to do.

I have complained to the Ministry of Justice who say there is nothing they can do as they only have powers as of this year.

They can only suggest that I offer to pay BF something to cover "administration costs" in the hope they accept this to avoid court action.

knowing what I know now I would prefer not to pay these parasites 1p, I would like to take this to a highly public court case at least then other people will be aware of this and other companies of their ilk, does anyone have any useful advice ???????? thanks for taking the time to read this

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Two interesting facts about Brunel Franklin.

Brunel Franklin and Company Limited have just (end March) surrended voluntarily their MOJ licence. Brunel Franklin the trading name of Flairford securities, sounds very odd ???

Do not trust Ultimate Law a CMC based lawyer (husband and wife team) and an ex director of (yes you have guessed) Brunel Franklin/Flairford Securities