• Tweets

• Hi all! I've now had a "final notification letter" through from ECP. I assume I should continue to ignore this, but is there likely any action I need to take? Do you need to see a copy of the letter? Thanks
    • Please will you upload the defence in a PDF format document
    • Afternoon All - after 3 weeks of silence, this morning I received an email from HMCTS advising that P2G have rejected my claim. Decide whether to proceed Parcel2Go.com has rejected your claim. You need to decide whether to proceed with the claim. You need to respond before 4pm on 25 June 2024. Your claim won’t continue if you don’t respond by then. This is their ‘defence’ Their defence Why they disagree with the claim When choosing a service on the Defendants website, the Claimant chose to book their order with Evri and selected to take out £20 parcel protection which comes with the service. On the first page of the booking process, the Claimant entered the value of £265 for the contents and was offered parcel protection for loss or damages against their goods for £13.99 + VAT. The Claimant selected no, which then produced a pop up which explained 'We strongly recommend that you protect the full value of your item(s).' however, the Claimant still did not take this protection out and instead continued with the booking process. At the end of the booking process, the Claimant was offered this again which was refused and the Claimant continued with the booking by accepting the terms and conditions which re-iterates the information provided in the booking process. The parcel was sent, however, seems to be delayed in transit. The parcel finally started to track again, however, when delivered the parcel was empty with no contents. As such, the claim was re-opened and attempted to be settled for the £20 protection taken out in the booking process. This was refused by the Claimant as they felt they should be paid the full amount of the value entered when booking. Unfortunately, due to the refusal of the parcel protection in the booking process the Defendant is not liable to settle the claim to the value and only to the parcel protection taken out. The Defendant shall rely on the Terms and Conditions of carriage in particular section 9. The Defendant understands that the contents have not be handled with due care and attention, which is not being disputed, however, they are disputing the amount they are liable to. They have requested mediation, I’m sure not least to drag the case out even longer, but I can see no benefit to me in this and so shall reject it. As ever, I’d welcome your thoughts guys. g59   
    • I doubt HMCTS holds any data on whether arrests by AEAs required police assistance.  They couldn't or wouldn't provide data on how many of warrants issued were successfully executed - just the number issued!  In my experience, arrest warrants whether with or without bail are [surprisingly] carried out with little or no fuss.  I think it's about how you treat people - a little respect and courtesy goes a long way. If you treat people badly they will react the same way. Occasions when police are called to assist are not common and, having undertaken or managed many thousands of these over the years, I can only recall a handful of occasions when police assistance was necessary. On one occasion, many years ago, I arrested and transported a man from Hampshire to Bristol prison on a committal warrant. It was just me and he was no problem. I didn't know the Bristol area (pre Sat Nav) and he was kind enough to provide directions - seems he knew the prison.  One young chap on another committal warrant jumped out of his back window and I had to chase him across several garden fences.  When he gave up (we were both knackered) I agreed to drive by his girlfriend's house to say farewell for a while.  I gave them a few moments and he was fine. The most difficult are breach warrants but mainly in locating the defendant as they don't want to go back to prison - can't blame them.  These were always dealt with by the police until the Access to Justice Act transferred responsibility from them to the magistrates' courts. The fact was the police did not actively pursue them and generally only executed them when they arrested someone for something else and found they had a breach warrant outstanding.  Hence the transfer of responsibility.
    • thats down to mcol making that option available for you to select, you cant force it. typically if there are known processing delays at northants bulk it will be atleast 14 days later if not more.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CBS Transcom - Arrow Global - Cope's - NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, this is my first post and I am in desperate need of all your help. My wife had a Halifax Bank of Scotland card that was sold to MBNA in January 2006. In July 2006 we contacted the National Debtline who in turn passed our finances onto Payplan.

We have been making regular payments ever since.

MBNA have sold the debt onto CBS Transcom or Arrow Global LLC (TBH I am not sure who now holds the debt as we receive letters from both, but it appears to be mainly Arrow Global LLC now). My wife has received lots of threatening letters and calls from both Arrow and CBS Transcom and then Cope's solicitors.

Today she has received a County Court claim form and is really panicking as to what to do? She has contacted Payplan who said to fill in the relevant sections and then post it to their legal department, and a CCJ will probably be issued but don't worry about it:eek:

My wife doesn't relly want a CCJ against her and really wants help as to what to do?

The Particulars of the claim say the following;

1. The claimant is assignee of the debt from MBNA Bank (Europe) Limited ("The Assignor") The claim represents the balance of payments due under a loan agreement made between the assignor and the defendant regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. The agreement provides for:

Payment for equal monthly installments; and

in default the assignor may recover the balance of the principal sum: and

all charges provided for.

3. In breach of said agreement the defendant failed to make payment or comply with a default notice served by the assignee the agreement was terminated accordingly.

4. The balance payable by the defendant is £xxxxx, which is claimed together with costs.

The claim for has been issued by Northampton County Court Bulk Centre, and the claimant is Arrow Global LLC, and the address for sending documents and payments reads Cope's Solicitors.

Sorry about the length of the post but I have tried to put in all the info that I can.

Please can somebody help us.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply fedup74, there was a default notice sent on 23 July 2007 from Arrow Global LLC, this is the only one that I can find.

As far as charges go I have looked at the statements that I have and there are charges on them, if that's what you mean?

Sorry, I am new to this and am unsure as to what I am doing:confused:

Hi Might Midget and welcome to Cag

Can I recommend not admitting any liability for the debt, partial or otherwise. If the credit agreement has not been provided by Arrow Global as the result of a CCA request, then you have no way of ascertaining if the contract is legally valid under the CCA 1974. In the absence of this information, you are unwisely, in my opinion, admitting liability for a debt, that hasn't been proven to exist or one that conforms to the requirements of the CCA 1974.

You might be thinking that of course a debt exists! However, for the purposes of the law, the existence of the debt is determined by a credit agreement being furnished by your creditors and one that is deemed to be properly executed, which means its layout and content conforms to what the CCA 1974 prescribes.

I trust the above is helpful.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Might Midget and welcome to Cag

Can I recommend not admitting any liability for the debt, partial or otherwise. If the credit agreement has not been provided by Arrow Global as the result of a CCA request, then you have no way of ascertaining if the contract is legally valid under the CCA 1974. In the absence of this information, you are unwisely, in my opinion, admitting liability for a debt, that hasn't been proven to exist or one that conforms to the requirements of the CCA 1974.

You might be thinking that of course a debt exists! However, for the purposes of the law, the existence of the debt is determined by a credit agreement being furnished by your creditors and one that is deemed to be properly executed, which means its layout and content conforms to what the CCA 1974 prescribes.

I trust the above is helpful.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy and thanks for the reply.

I haven't done a CCA request because I have been making payments through Payplan to CBS Transcom that they have been receiving since July 2006.

What do I do? Do I fill in the form , as Payplan advised, and then just let the court decide (which we really don't want to do) or mount some sort of defense? (which we don't know how to do)

ok first thing to do is request a Sec 78 CCA request do this tomorrow letter N in the templates section include a £1.00 PO and sont sign the letter and send Spl Del next day.Retain proof

Secondly Post the CPR request which i will post shortly for you to the Claimants Sols again dont sign Spl Del and retain proof.

With regards

to the AoS ( Ackn of Service)

I presume you will do this online MCOL you have 33 days in total.Date of the summons +5 is deemed service date you then have 14 days to AoS and another 14 to enter your defence if required,Dont be too quick to complete said AoS you will found out reading various threads that Litigation involves mindgames and so the longer you leave it (im not implying the last day) the more you are keeping your opponents ( Claimants) in the dark.Serves no purpose in rushing these matters as you will found out in time.

Dont forget to print off your Acknowledgement after input this is retained as proof of input ie date and timestamped.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Here is the CPR request

Complete your acknowledgement of service form online there will be a password on the claim pack indicating an intention to defend the entire claim. Then send Arrow Global Sols this letter:

Dear Sir,

Re: (Claimant's name) v (Your name) Case No:

CPR 31.14 Request

On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the (Name) County Court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1 the agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2 the assignment

3 the default notice

Your client should ensure compliance with its CPR 31 duties and ensure that the documents I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition your statement must be accompanied with a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you.

yours faithfully (dont sign)

Just post if you are unsure of anything

Regards Andy;)

Thanks Andy.

I just need to get this straight in my head because it is spinning at an amazing rate of knots!

I need to send a CCA to Arrow Global, and a CPR to Cope's. And I need to log onto MCOL and register that I intend to defend the whole claim?

What do I do about Payplan? They have told me to fill in the form and send it to their legal department:-?

That is correct if you follow Payplans advice as you state yourself above you will end up ith a CCJ for 6 years.Trust me you are better doing this yourself and stop payments also now that litigation as commenced.

Regards

Andy;)

That is correct if you follow Payplans advice as you state yourself above you will end up ith a CCJ for 6 years.Trust me you are better doing this yourself and stop payments also now that litigation as commenced.

Regards

Andy;)

Thank you sooo much, my wife is in such a state and doesn't know which way to turn.

Can I just ring Payplan and tell them to stop the payments or will this get me in more trouble?

If the payment is minimal then let it ride during the process and dont involve Payplan if its considerable and you could use it far better then stop it and inform Payplan of your reasons.

Andy;)

• Haha 1

If the payment is minimal then let it ride during the process and dont involve Payplan if its considerable and you could use it far better then stop it and inform Payplan of your reasons.

Andy;)

It's minimal and part of a larger payment plan that we make to payplan, so I'll leave it for now because at least it shows that I have been trying to deal with my debts.

Thanks again Andy for your help and advice, it is really appreciated.

Hi again, and sorry to be a pain but looking through my post I have just found a letter that I received yesterday dated 24th October 2008 saying the following:

Re: Arrow Global LLC

Dear *********

We act for the above named who instructed us that you owe the sum of £xxxxxxx. You have previously received notice persuant to the Law of Property Act 1925, that our client obtained the debt by way of assignment account number xxxxxxxxxx

You have failed to make payment as requested and/or you have refused to make payment. Our client is no longer prepared to tolerate your failure to pay the debt and we have been instructed to consider taking legal proceedings against you in the county court unless you pay the sum of £xxxxx within 10 days from the date of this letter. From the information currently available, our client is confident of obtaining a judgement order against you (it is not believed that you have a legitimate or any defense in the sum of £xxxxx plus court fees and solicitors costs. - NOTE: YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT LEGAL COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO THE DEBT.

In the circumstances, you should be aware os the methods of enforcement available to our client upon the making of a judgement order against you, as follows:-

WARRANT OF EXECUTION - this will involve county court baliffs attending your home with a view to removing your goods for sale at public auction. The actual price obtained on the sale of the goods will fall far short of that which you have paid when new. As a result a large amount of goods may be removed to cover a moderate debt.

ATTACHMENT OF EARNINGS ORDER - This is an order which allows money to pay your debt to be deducted by the county court from your wages. The county court documentation would be served on your employer and they would be ordered to deduct what ever monthly installment is ordered by the court.

EXAMINATION OF DEBTOR - Application can be made to the county court for an order requiring that you attend to be cross examined as to your income, expenditure and assets. You will be required to produce all documentory evidence available, including bank statements, wage slips, car and property details the purpose is to allow a decision to be made as tp the best method of enforcement of the debt. Failure to attend court will result in an order being made for contempt. This could have very serious conseqences.

SMALL DEBTS - we find that many debtors believe that creditors will not persue small debts via the court system. Arrow Global LLC has no hesitation in utilising the full extent of the court system to obtain payments of all debts, large or small. You should not forget that any expenses incurred as a consequence of issuing proceedings, will be reclaimed from you. For example a £100 debt can easily become £200.

Please do not under estimate the resolve of Arrow Global LLC and the willingness to persue you via County Court proceedings. All the costs and expenses involved maybe added to your debt and vigorously persued.

then it's signed cope's

Does this have any bearing as I received the court papers today the 28th dated 27th october 2008? They haven't even waited the 10 days!

You can us that as part of your defence but the stark reality is ths is what you are up against with these cretins (oops Claimants):rolleyes:

Andy

Hi mighty midget. Please take Andy's advice and do not let payplan fill anything in for you. Although they are great, this is how my OH ended up with a CCJ and a charging order on our house because they will just fill in that you owe the whole amount and judgement is awarded against you. There are charges on the account which shouldn't be taken into consideration as a final figure plus they may not have an enforceable agreement, so do as Andy suggests and you will get loads of help. Tell the Mrs to chill!!! You are in good hands. good luck:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Hey guys, it's the scared out of her wits Mrs MM this time:eek:

I have posted the CCA to Arrow Global and the CPR to Cope's although the post office didn't recognise Cope's address.

Do I now need to go on to MCOL and register my intent on there?

Also what happens now?

Thanks again for all the help.

Hi Mrs MM no need to be scared .Ok on the summons you will find the website address and also your unique password.On entering MCOL you will view various screens you are only acknowledging Service at this stage so tick your intention and print confirmation dont proceed any further at his stage.

Regards

Andy

Hi Mrs MM

Ok I presume you are defending all of the claim and as such will be required to submit a defence at the appropiate time.Look at the date on the summons add 5 days for service and then add another 14 that is the deadline for AoS which you have done today. Add a further 14 days and that is the deadline for your defence submission.

Let us see what the response is to your CCA and CPR request nearer the time and then we will assist in the preperation of drafting said defence.

Regards

Andy

Correct well i get the 29th Nov, you did have until the the 15th to submit your AoS but if you stick to the 28th for safety, you will be fine.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

Correct well i get the 29th Nov, you did have until the the 15th to submit your AoS but if you stick to the 28th for safety, you will be fine.

Regards

Andy

Thanks again Andy

hi,

just to say i fought these claimants, (?) , with loads of help from here,before, and won!

now they are back for more.

but take heart! with help from here. you'll do fine

good luck

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts stephen7, I appreciate it

Hi MM and welcome to CAG,

These cretins are just bullies. Stick to the advice from andy and you will get through. It will be a long road but don't give up. Like all bullies, once you stand up to them, they move onto the next victim.

Doc

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi MM and welcome to CAG,

These cretins are just bullies. Stick to the advice from andy and you will get through. It will be a long road but don't give up. Like all bullies, once you stand up to them, they move onto the next victim.

Doc

Thank you for the kind words Docman, it is appreciated:)

Just for info I have checked and both the letters have been received by Cope's and Arrow Global, so I will see if I get any reply from either or both of them