• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Settled out of court v Barclays!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dark Knight,

could I please have your email in case I need any help with my claim? I am very grateful to this site, but think it's good to get all the help I can,

Thanks.

Course you can mate- will PM it you now.

Give us a shout if you need a hand!

:D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueRuby
Dear Dark Knight,

Could I please have your email address, in case I need any pointers/advice as I go through this process?

I'm only in the early stages (waiting for my statements from Barclays), but I'll probably come unstuck later on, so any help would be appreciated.

That is not to say that this site hasn't helped, it has very much, I just need to make sure there is extra help if I need it,

Thankyou,

Sarah.

Oops, you'll have to do better than that DK. That quote is from post #50 :eek:

See my post about that.

Working in their IT section does not constitute a bank environment mate :)

But the rule mentions nothing of a bank 'environment', merely bank 'staff'.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I think a mod should lock this thread.

Capital One Data Protection Act sent (15th December, 2008)

Barclaycard Data Protection Act sent (15th December, 2008)

Lloyds TSB Data Protection Act sent on three accounts - Current, Business & Credit Card (15th December, 2008)

Due to me winning my claim and some celebrating I have only just got round to reading this thread. I cannot believe what I have read.

All the topics raised in the thread appear to have been covered.

I am taking my site helper hat off for this comment as I do not wish it to appear to be the opinion of CAG.

I would STRONGLY advise people NOT to contact Dark_Knight for advise by private message for the following reasons.

1 Under his current username Dark_Knight has had 59 posts, all of which are in this thread. Under his previous username he has had 11 posts. This level of forum activity does not imply that he has read many opinions on the forum, therefore his advice may not be up to date with recent experiences and/or may be incorrect.

2. Advice given by Private message is not open to the normal checks and balances afforded by advice in open forum. I think many on here have posted something incorrect due to misunderstanding and this has been flagged up very quickly by somebody else.

If you need private advice then you should consult a qualified professional

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Also takes pink hat off ......Yawnssss ....now lets just ignore him and let him speak to himself there are other people on this forum that need help and we are wasting our time on him.

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

methinks yet another copycat site is on the way....!

Why else would someone be so interested in the finances of a site like this?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

OFF TOPIC

Dave your PM box is full again

BACK TO TOPIC

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

warning!.jpgWe have been advised that confidentiality is something that can be passed "down the line", so if we are seen to have allowed a user to openly discuss the outcome of a case that was subject to confidentiality, we could theorically be liable to action too. I must therefore remove every post where this has happened.

PRE LIM SENT TO CAHOOT 20/07/06 - £2905 CHARGES

Data Protection Act SENT TO I.F. 20/07/06

Data Protection Act SENT TO BARCLAYS 20/07/06

Prelim request sent to First Direct £694 + £3.10 interest 18/07/06

Data Protection Act Letter sent to Hitachi Capital Bank 10/7/06

Data Protection Act Letter sent to Next Directory 10/7/06

Oops, you'll have to do better than that DK. That quote is from post #50 :eek:

Good Morning everyone! :)

Not to start up another slanging match on here- read the quote you sent me.

All I will say is, because I really havent got time to start arguing again because people need my help- if this site is go good at guiding people- people wouldnt be making mistakes and having to ask me for help would they?

Thankyou very much for the continued argument though- can I now please go back to helping people out?

But the rule mentions nothing of a bank 'environment', merely bank 'staff'.

So if thats the case, and I have supposedly broken the rules.. why havent I been removed from the site then?

Seems that you need to define what area's of the banks are acceptable my friend- IT has nothing to do with the major running of the banks daily other financial stuff.

I think a mod should lock this thread.

Why not... why not just close every other thread as well when someone is not happy with the site and has an opinion different to other peoples.

Barclays like to shut people up as well...

warning!.jpgWe have been advised that confidentiality is something that can be passed "down the line", so if we are seen to have allowed a user to openly discuss the outcome of a case that was subject to confidentiality, we could theorically be liable to action too. I must therefore remove every post where this has happened.

Also takes pink hat off ......Yawnssss ....now lets just ignore him and let him speak to himself there are other people on this forum that need help and we are wasting our time on him.

So why just not have replied to me in the first place- and just ignored me if what I am putting is so bad?

Really.... there are people that need help.

Suggestion from me- stick to helping them :)

methinks yet another copycat site is on the way....!

Why else would someone be so interested in the finances of a site like this?

Nope, I am not in any way going to start a copycat site up.

However, I have just received some information that I found most interesting about this comment of yours that you claim you spend more than £200 a month in hosting this site- clear your inbox out and I will PM you first as I dont really want to be putting such information on here.

ALSO: I asked you for information regarding this site, a couple of my friends have tried to locate you under companieshouse using Consumer Action Group which you cannot be found under... so do you have a ltd company number as well?

Also they have asked- with all the donations you are taking in, why are you not a registered charity as well?

Just one question.......Have u also had built in to your agreement a clause which prohibits the bank from applying unfair charges in the future??

Good question mate! :)

They wouldnt let me do that after I spoke to their representative.

So.. I've got to make another claim seeing as how barclays basically wont accept the fact that I've already won them once when I spoke to them on the phone- so it seems I've got to submit another claim to the courts it seems.

I think I will be claiming forever at this rate- they just dont seem to learn.

When I visit this site, i really dont want to read through thousands of lines of junk before I see any useful information.

DarkKnight you really should spend your time putting your energy to some more constructive use, rather than trying (too hard) to justify yourself.

You are not helping, in fact you are a time waster actually.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks