Another ticket at Crown Point in Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been isued with a ticket from Excel Parking "Services" having been seen arriving at the car park at 10.05am and returning at 10.45 to go into the shops. My ticket was issued at 10.40 on the grounds of ""parked in restriced area of car park".

I challenged this via a letter telling them that I had not parked in a disabled or mother and child spot and so assumed the ticket was an error.

Their reply talks about the car park being for use by the "retail park customers only" ( I have a shop reciept to show I was indeed a customer on the day). Their letter goes on to say that :

"When you left the retail park you were no longer deemed to be a customer and as such your vehicle was parked in a restricted area".

My receipt is timed after they issued the fine. They are offering me the chance to settle on £40 rather than the £100 but I'm not really sure they're entitled to anything.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Gary

they can deem what they like - and will deem what suits them. shame you engaged with them. keep the receipt. keep all their rubbish letters and stop writing to them. by all means post up their letters here - suitably washed of personal details - so that we may pick them part.

Hi Lonegroover,

I had this exact problem as you can see from my post.. I took the advice of others on this forum and did not reply to the letter they sent back and did not pay the fine, i was issued with the fine well over a month ago now and they have not chased up the debt or sent me any correspondence therefore i am hoping that they have taken the hint that i am not paying !!

My advice is do what i have done and do not pay and you hopefully should not hear from them anymore, be sure to keep any correspondence they have sent you and also the receipts from the retail park.

they will write again - the OP engaged with them so is now on the 'likely victim' list.

I don't mind them writing again now I have a feel for where I stand on this. It will be interesting to see how they try and progress.

Thanks again

• 3 years later...