Having fun with HSBC

tiredandangry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've done OK so far, got a refund of £1800 from HSBC and going back for more currently at second stage letter. To complicate matters I am also persuing them for a mis-sold loan. It's amazing how quiet HSBC become when you make a complaint. To those who intend to complain make sure you get your complaint number, who you are complaining to and their location and keep quoting the law, they don't appear to like that either.

I now want to proceed further, for mis-sold loans do I go to court or the Ombudsman?

I also believe they have breached the data protection act, is it worth complaining to the Information Rights Commission or again going straight to court?

cheers tiredandangry

• 2 weeks later...

hi some further detail

I was sold a consolidation loan by HSBC while on benefits. they chased me not the other way around and it helped to clear my overdraft and past overcharges. I was then put in a position that I could not pay the loan by HSBC when they started charging me on my current account for everything! I was continuously harrassed by HSBC for payment while the overcharges on my current account were in dispute. As a result I complained to HSBC on more than one occasion. Response has been poor, they have just exceeded the 8 weeks limit for when I can complain to the Ombudsman. I am ill and am finding the stress difficult. But I still want HSBC to pay.

any advice most welcome.

Tiredandangry, in what situation was your loan sold to you? i was sold a loan just before discovering this web site, the laon was to pay off my o/d which of course was made up of mostly charges. I have had a refund for the charges but am now pondering what to do about the loan. I am aware that i could have claimed for the interest of the loan at the same time as claimimg my charges but i am now thinking of reporting them. Is this situation similar to yours?

Hi thankyou for your replies.

It was to pay off my overdraft which included charges, credit card and husbands credit card which also included a lot of charges. I did tell them I was on benefits but they said they would put down I was on a pension. I have repeatedly told them I am on benefits by phone and writing but my records still show I am on a pension and apparently I am retired as well. The loan did mean I was paying less but if at that point I had known about claiming unlawful charges back I wouldn't have needed it and I wouldn't have had to pay a large amount of additional interest. I am most upset by the banks behaviour towards myself since I made my initial complaint, rather than addressing it my records show every time I complained about the same complaint "no further action required".

Dear rdm2006

Just to add can I claim the charges part of the loan back even though some of the charges were from a credit card from another bank?

Dear jazzyb

Yes it does sound similiar, I have had a chat with financial ombudsman who does sound interested and has sent me the forms out but will take longer than court.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

about to go back to HSBC to get back more charges and also want to claim back interest on part of consolidation loan which covers the charges it paid off. The rate was at 11.9%. Can anybody advise me on how to work this out on a spreadsheet please?

thanks