What should I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering if any members could please help with the following.

In August this year I purchased 2 tickets for a gig in December 2008. I used a credit card to purchase the tickets from a reputable digital store via the internet.

I can confirm that the payment was taken from my credit card, and that I received a booking confirmation via email and subsequent emails informing me about the status of my order and one email in particular sates that my tickets were despatched on 6 October 2008.

To cut a long story short my tickets never arrived, and when I contacted the vendor about the tickets not arriving , they said that they had made a mistake with my order and that they have no tickets for me and they have refunded the money to my credit card.

I was absoloutely devastated because I been going to gigs to see this group since the early nineteen nineties and they do not play very often, especially in such a small venue The gig in December is going to be in a really small venue which holds about 3000 people. They usually play at festivals and arenas.

The vendor has advised me that the gig is sold out and that they do not have any further tickets available.

For your information please see the agents terms and conditions which they seem to be in breach of.

Ticket Sales

All tickets are final once the money has been received **************, unless the event is cancelled, rescheduled or the facility is closed due to unforeseen circumstances. Limited to 4 tickets per person, per gig

Ticket Despatch

Tickets will be despatched by secure signed for delivery within 14 days of you placing your order

Your order total

********** will charge your credit card in British Pounds Sterling and if you are from overseas, your credit card company will then convert that amount to your currency.There are many 'Currency Converter' tools available on the web that will give you an idea of how much you will be charged, but they may NOT give you a 100% accurate figure. Here is one site that will give you a currency conversion XE - Universal Currency Converter

Delivery Costs

For delivery costs please click on the delivery button above.

I do not know much about consumer law but I believe that they are in breach of contract because their terms and conditions clearly states that all ticket sales are final.

Please note that I have received a full refund but I said that I didn't want one.

What are my legal rights here?

Thank you

What would you like them to provide? As they clearly cant provide the tickets, what would you like the resolution to be?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Venue's and bands always have extra tickets available for gigs, they use them for Guestlists / competitions etc.

SO, what I would do would be to write directly to the venue, sending your ticket confirmations, and all correspondance with the ticket agent, not as a sob story more of a "they screwed up my order, and now I can't go see the band I wanted to see, Please stop using this agency" type mail, more of a complaint to the venue since their chosen tickets agents are working on their behalf.

You can hope the venue will apologise and put you on the guestlist as a good will gesture. Nothing to lose other than the cost of a stamp.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement