newbie, help needed re cca and where to send

mak71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am new to this forum,and must say what a godsend it is,the advice and help freely given is amazing and for someone like me whose not got a clue its very welcoming and appreciated

I am in the process of getting a dmp arranged with cccs,but also wanted to send off to my creditors a request for cca as well,

Firstly, will this affect my chances of getting creditor approval to the dmp,

ie will it make some of the creditors want to be more awkward with my dmp request

Secondly, where do i send the applications too, just to the address on the back of the credit card statements or do i need to look up their head offices?some of the original suppliers have now been taken over /merged etc by other financial institutions . do i need to put in the letter about it being unforcable if they dont respond or will that just get their back up?

Thirdly, on average what would you say is a rough estimate of unenforcable debts accross the industry due to non cca

and are there some companies more prone to non enforcement than others

My biggest creditor (almost half of all debt)is to halifax, with 2 unsecured loans,1 about 5 years ago and one about 2 years ago, and a halifax credit card about 7 years ago

all help much appreciated

MAK

Hello and Welcome, MAK.

I'll move this thread to the Debt Collectors Forum, you'll get a lot of good advice in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes, Mak send the request to the address on the bill or if not then their head office (as the internal mail will redirect it for you)....remember to send the request by recorded delivery, enclose a £1 postal order for each and don't hand sign the letters (print your name)..keep all your letters and rec delivery slips safe...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, fatso.

Bottom left, under your name there's a wee picture of a silver thing just beside your GREEN SPOT that's Scales :-o

I know it's difficult to see they are scales, but they are :) If you want to 'tickle' 42mans, just click on them and tell him how good he is ;)

He will then receive some 'Rep' points, and be very greatfull to you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert