What if you stayed in the vehicle? Excel fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I found my way here because my girlfriend has just received a 60 quid fine from Excel for parking in the carpark in Broomhill, Sheffield, above the Somerfield.

We drove into the car park but discovered we didn't have any change for the meter. So she sat in the car while I nipped into Somerfield.

We were in the carpark for 12 minutes in total and were filmed (or photo'd) driving into and out of the car park. I haven't seen the photos, but apparently you can't tell who's driving.

I personally think the fine is over the top, and I remembered hearing stories about the legitimacy of these private parking agencies.

I've read through the stickies and I can see we can probably get away with not paying it, but I'm curious as to whether we have any case against this fine.

Would we have to pay a fine if we drove into the carpark, drove around for a couple of minutes, and drove out again?

If not, at what point are we technically in breech of the parking 'agreement'.

Does it make any difference at all that she was sat in the car?

We could have been searching for change in the car for 10 minutes, for example.

Thanks... we'll do that.

BTW - They should make the search facility available for un-registered users here. Since registering and posting this, I've found the search facility and the Excel related threads.

BTW - They should make the search facility available for un-registered users here. Since registering and posting this, I've found the search facility and the Excel related threads.

Why? It only takes a minute to register and it's free. :)