First Credit / Goldfish HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI there, it's all been very quiet from 1st Credit for a long while. Until today -almost exactly a year since they first abused me down the phone.

I have requested a CCA and have had no reply - as detailed in a previous post some months ago.

Today, I have received a nicey, nicey, conciliatory letter (designed to look like a credit card statement) suggesting that if I pay them quickly (i.e within 7 days), they wil give me a 30% discount off the total outstanding balance of £4k. There is a "Periodic Statement" including details of the last payment I made before requesting the CCA.

I would really love to entirely get this particular monkey off my back but in the absence of a CCA I am loathe to even acknowledge this letter.

Should I contact them and offer, say, 10%? Just ignore it, or insist they produce a CCA again?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks

Full&Final

My own thoughts entirely but I would ignore this letter and offer them nothing until they produce a compliant copy of your CCA.

1stCredit probably paid about £420 to buy your £4200 account, so roughly speaking even with this 30% discount 1stCredit would be making a nice fat profit of £2500 for an account which they can't enforce in court, as they don't have the legal paperwork.

And does it say 30% or up to 30% off?. Sometimes they use these offers just to encourage you to contact them and inadvertently admit the debt in some way in writing. At the moment your stat bar debt clock has just 5 years to go and counting. Any admission in writing can restart your clock to 6 years again..

Your credit file will already be trashed and they won't remove the default whether you pay full and final or not. As well as that you have to be very careful with how these offers are made as DCA's regularly renege on them and sell the remaining debt to someone else to chase.

1stCredit are a nasty nasty bunch as you saw at the beginning of your dealings with them. At the moment the monkey is off your back as they're stuck without a compliant CCA and they know it .Don't encourage this monkey to jump onto your back again:-).

This just shows how stupid these greedy barstewards are. Had they accepted your offer of payment they would have been getting some money from you but because of their SHEER GREED they are getting nothing and are left wit an UNENFORCEABLE debt which they have resorted to begging you to pay. When will these MORONS realise that they are CAGs biggest recruiters