please help Disciplinanry Investigation for gross misconduct at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Council cannot sack you for misusing the Blue Badge unless it is the area in which you work within the Council.

Then it could be construed that you have somehow abused your position.

If you were not using the badge for any purposes at the time you were parked up, i.e. it was not in a disabled space, it was not being used to overcome a parking charge, it was not being used to enable you to park on a road you would not otherwise be able to park on without the use of it etc, you were not misusing the badge.

The terms of the Blue Badge scheme states the badge should only be used in connection with transporting the person named on it. If you were not using the badge to park etc, and you were gaining nothing from the badge being displayed, and you were going to use it to collect your mother, then you've not broken any rules, laws etc.

In case you're wondering....... I used to issue them for a Council. :)

If it is in the hands of the court (though how it would get that far if you HADN'T done anything wrong is a bit odd), then they will certainly consider all facts..... if they decide you have done nothing wrong, your work (even if they somehow convince themselves they can take disciplinary action against you for it) then cannot legally proceed with any action against you.

Take deep breaths......... As a Council employee currently being screwed royally, I can sympathise. They manage somehow to convince you they actually have a clue!! (they don't in most cases ...... it's a proven fact!)

:-D

:mad:If it is in the hands of the court (though how it would get that far if you HADN'T done anything wrong is a bit odd), then they will certainly consider all facts..... if they decide you have done nothing wrong, your work (even if they somehow convince themselves they can take disciplinary action against you for it) then cannot legally proceed with any action against you.:mad:

I believe the court action is for a different matter brought about by the OP

I'm sure he will be relieved to hear that he has nothing to worry about

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your replies.

My employer has taken legal action against me and they are still continouing with the discplinary investigation. I have been interviewed by a senior officer and told them that I have never mis-used it, but somehow Unison have been convinced that I am guilty.

I really do not know what to do and am very worried.

Thanks

the court action is for the same reason alleged mis-used of my mother's disable badge. They are convinced that I have mis-used it despite of the fact that my mother has submitted a statement to confirm that I used it to carry her and to pick her up.

It is quite clear that they want me out my job and I cant find anything else to move onto.

Did you remove it after dropping her off?

I dropped her off and parked the car using her badge as she was going to use the car later, so I ccouldnt remove it, I would normally not even park the car there if it wasn't for my mother.

I think this asnwers your question. Please let me know if not.