Lowell Default On Credit File - how do I get it removed?

BePositive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will try and condense this one.....

Started getting harrased by Lowells in June last year - no default notice had been received in relation to debt (by either original company or Lowell's) but default had been placed on file.

Sent letter in November requesting CCA (paid by £1 po), Signed true copy of deed of assignment of agreement, any correspondence relating to non payment. - Requested (again) that communication via phone ceased. Received letter confirming receipt. Heard nothing else so sent follow up letter in February and about a month later - requesting that as they could not comply with the request, that defaults were removed (complete deletion not just an ammendment) Reimbursement of £1 fee paid, confirm matter closed and that debt would not be pursued and cease and desist processing of data - no response to either letter, but telephone calls had stopped since original letter.

A couple of months later they started phoning again - except their attitude had got even worse than initially (ie saying they were entitled to phone etc etc - obviously hadn't looked at records as they knew nothing of the information that had been requested (even though they had it on file that they had all been received).

Took complaint to Financial Ombudsman - who said they could not take further as final response had not been recieved (although I don't know what else could have been done to receive a final response as Lowellls ignored the letters sent). Finally received a final response from Lowells stating that they had not requested the information from original debtor - due to an adminatrative error, and therefore were closing the account and would not progress the debt further.

Financial Ombudsman have basically come back now saying they have investigated and will not be pursuing my complaint

What can I do next to get the default removed?

Also the default was updated in February - although none of the information has changed - why would the date be updated?

Thanks in advance

if they have returned the account back to the original creditor, lowell are no longer the creditor and the default has no biz being on your credit file

tell them this and as no agreement, request them to remove the default

at the moment, be diplomatic

if they ignore you, legal remadies are at hand

Thank you kindly.

They haven't said they are returning to the original creditor just that they are closing the account and will not be pursuing further.

Is it likely that they will return to original creditor in such cases?