AA99 v MBNA (Account 1)

AA99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oos AA99

ive noticed when ive answered the calls they now only ask for me in my first name only and i ask is this a personal or business call they get a bit flustered, i just reply i dont recognise your voice therefore please put all in writing goodbye

so sneaky!!! them and me lol

have a good day ciao laters maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try asking for their surname as well LOL :rolleyes: If you get it, say it's for your records as you are logging and recording them now, and no, you can't speak to Fred Blogg anyway because he only does things in writing and he's waiting for a written reply from you - goodbye ;)

oh so naughty but so nice...lol

im going to try that tonite if i get any calls,,,hehehehe

oh the devil im me,,,lol

have a fun eve ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Can't rep you again yet ?!!! It really does work, am dealing with 5 others too, this is just my MBNA thread. Have taken on the telephone speech to a T !!!! It works and sometimes I actually feel sorry for those foreign callers, after all, they are doing one of the lousiest jobs anybody could do, probably underpaid as well, so I do try and remain polite, short, to the point, and it doesn't do any harm !!!! Best thing is when they get really chatty and you can then remind them that they are in breach of the Data Protection Act by continuing to discuss your account details before clarifying the security questions, ha ha, I'm loving it! If I get sent down for all this :(, remember me LOL :)

A little update, 3 credit cards taken over by MBNA :

23 September - 1st Class - Recorded Delivery letters sent:

Harrassment Letter - phone calls nearly all stopped

CCA Letter - deadline Monday 13th October for response

Copy Hardship Letter + Income & Expenditure Form of 08 Sep

It's gone eerily quiet out there - yeah !

The telephone is heavenly quiet :D

The Postman however delivered another MBNA CC Statement this morning. This one has a never-before seen additional page which I shall endeavour to upload.

What does it mean? If, anything??:?

MBNACCStatementp3.jpg

Not seen one of these before.

What was on the other 2 pages (it says 3 of 3) ?

I think what they are doing is showing the amount you are in default, advising you that they arent allowed to charge interest on the default sum for 28 days (presumably this is to allow you time to pay it) but will resume after 28 days at a different interest rate. Of course I could be totally wrong. Perhaps someone like Scarlet Pimpernel would be able to advise better.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Pages 1 & 2 are the normal statement pages showing balance, late default sum plus overlimit default sum plus interested charged plus a new enhanced balance......

Just suspicious why for the first time have now received page 3 with this gumpf on, don't even understand it :?

I'm watching, will help if I am able to

Still in catch up mode, been away too long

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

The telephone is heavenly quiet :grin:

Spoke too soon :mad::mad::mad:

Today we have received 3 digital voice machine calls from MBNA, telling us 'it' wants to speak to AA99 and to push any key to continue. I just can't help hanging up, grrrrrrrrrrrrr:-D

Have had 3 more telephone machine calls every day since, tonight I machine-answered that I was not the person they wanted and waited for ages to be put through........ when a 'human' (?) came on the line, I told her we didn't want to speak to anybody on the telephone and that I was waiting for a reply to my letter, :eek:

Hiya AA99

keep the record going, if anything ive learnt from this madness is that talking on the telephone does not get you anywhere, id rather spend a 1.00 to send another letter, telling them they are to contact only in writing, mind you i see a lovely letter the other day that someone had set up a 0871 number line and then given that as the telephone contact number so you get paid when they call you,,,,imagine what fun i could have with that!! going into overdrive here,,,lol

however serious,,,there was a letter i seen the other day cant remember if ive kept the link but saying its for personal use only and not business therefor misusing the telephone line , quoting some telecom act etc you read my drift, - i might even go for that as my next letter,,,and remember all part of your harrassment case buildup so you can use in court as a counter claim or whatever it is, not learnt that bit yet,,,,swotting already though lol

take care have a fun day ciao maz

Hey AA99 - I'm so pleased you're happy to tell them to pi** off! If you do speak to them though, try and get both their name and the name of the manager or person who told them to call/gave them their call list so you can log that too. You need to do this before you say you're not going to talk to them obviously. I've found that giving them the idea I might go through security if I know these things helps. Of course I'm not in a million years suggesting that you fib to them about your intentions...:p

I've seen that too with the use of premium numbers maz:D. The one I saw though used a £1.50 a minute one:D

Take care

Lexis :)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

subscribing.

Keep us updated :)

Will be monitoring with interest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

I like it.. looks like you are on top of things there AA99.. keep it up :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Final day today for return of CCA's 12 + 2. No response from MBNA. Please confirm if the following letter, topped and tailed accordingly, is now the one to send.....

Thats similar to the one I sent off on the 8th, received on the 10th, so they now have until the 25th to reply If i am correct in thinking

Re the CCA - Well they actually got it to me on the morning of the 8th, but Where was the actual copy of the agreement, it was not there at all, and the agreement sent with the terms on, was the updated on as it was showing the charges of £12 etc

So basically, I received nothing from them, apart from another letter today dated the 8th, saying they are chasing it, but I have ignored that as they wouldnt of got the last letter which you have refferred to.

MBNA are dragging their feet, is it the Credit crunch, will they think we drag our feet and we will go away - I dont think so

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

AA

The SAr is pretty comprehensive. It just wories me tha the things you really want may get lost in the detail. Personally, I would limit it to what you actualy want: all statements (?) and records of all communications, including any recordings made for quality of training purposes and any transcripts.

Thanks people. The lengthy detailed lSAR etter was recommended by BRW in another thread, suggesting go the whole hog with the requests, so I may just do that.:) Anyway, will print off and run to the PO now with them, ok to just scribble initials as a signature, yeah ?:???:

• Haha 2

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Thanks Davey, useful !

Just to let you all know I have posted, 1st class, recorded delivery, 2 letters, one being CCA in default plus continued harrassment, and SAR in full for both OH and myself. Can I assume 14 calendar days is the same as the 12+2 working days as per original CCA request. Also the 40 days ?

:???::???::???:

Thanks Davey, useful !

Just to let you all know I have posted, 1st class, recorded delivery, 2 letters, one being CCA in default plus continued harrassment, and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) in full for both OH and myself. Can I assume 14 calendar days is the same as the 12+2 working days as per original CCA request. Also the 40 days ?

:???::???::???:

CCA is 12 working days + 2 allowed for postal service.

SAR is 40 calendar days. So if you posted today, you should expect a reply by at the very latest, 22 November:D

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D