Re: What bailiffs 'can' and 'cant' do??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats my point dear narrow minded bailiff, the only reason to change locks is to exclude somebody from their property.

This person was being threatened with having that done over a TV licence.

Please explain why you feel that your employers are right to send out letters threatening eviction over a TV licence.

Edited by Fair-Parking

I very much doubt mumof3boys provided a full and accurate transcript of every word exchanged between herself and the bailiff so your comments are completely out of context and off-topic. The bailiff's "threat" of a locksmith was probably delivered as a consequence of non-payment/failing to comply. Either way, he's done nothing illegal by providing verbal procedure to this effect. It may be distasteful but is a power which exists for the collection of criminal fines whether you agree with it or not. It has nothing to with changing the locks or eviction. If a locksmith was called, he would simply be there to open the door (not change the locks).

Certificated Bailiff

It may be distasteful but is a power which exists for the collection of criminal fines whether you agree with it or not.

OH Mr Mckenna.

How i chuckle at your constant criticism of your own chosen " profession ."

Now what was the last criticism i read ?

Oh yes..

I must say that I find this bailiff's actions abhorrent

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

If changing locks is not eviction, then why would you need a locksmith when if force is allowed you could kick a door in or break a window?

I can only guess that Mr McKenna has not thought this through because he has never actually used a locksmith. Thus he doesn't seem to realise that he would have to look a family straight in the eye after he had evicted them. Indeed he doesn't seem to realise that private citizens tampering with another's door is criminal damage.

Further the person inside could barricade the door, then the bailiff would have to resort to the measures described in paragraph one.

I wonder what the parting comment would be for some bailiffs in such a case. 'Serves you right?' 'I hope that has spoiled your day?' or 'Here is our leaflet on getting rehoused?'

C'mon John quote us the statute that allows such thuggish behaviour.

Edited by Fair-Parking

Having watched "bailiff" on UKTV the last couple of nights isn't it a wonder that John thinks what he does is okay.

The one's used in the programme are supposed to be 'respectable' bailiffs. In the very first scene the bailiffs broke three laws just to gain entry under false pretences. They then decide to just add on an extra £150 for their visit because the lady always took too long to pay up instead of bowing down before the bailiffs and agreeing to everything they said without question.

Throughout the episodes I have watched the bailiffs concerned have constantly broken the law, given false information to obtain payment and entry and threatened people with action which wasn't in their power to execute.

Before these people are given more powers, maybe the Government should first ensure that they can obey the laws already in place rather than treating it as a get rich quick business.