Is my PCN valid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I've done a search but can not find the exact answer so thought I'd post.

I received a PCN from wandsworth borough council today for illegally parking in a residents parking place without displaying a permit. I didn't have one as was helping the better half move house and forgot to move the car for the hour the limit was in force. Having read the sticky I'm pretty sure the ticket itself is all correct but was wondering about the outer sleeve. This was not stuck down at each end and on the back the section "Civil enforcement officer please write notice no. here" has not been filled in. Is it still legal as not all secion are filled in?

Clutching at straws and it was my own fault, it just grates that they have a limit on the street when no-one seems to park there!!

Hopefully someone can answer my query.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all

I've done a search but can not find the exact answer so thought I'd post.

I received a PCN from wandsworth borough council today for illegally parking in a residents parking place without displaying a permit. I didn't have one as was helping the better half move house and forgot to move the car for the hour the limit was in force. Having read the sticky I'm pretty sure the ticket itself is all correct but was wondering about the outer sleeve. This was not stuck down at each end and on the back the section "Civil enforcement officer please write notice no. here" has not been filled in. Is it still legal as not all secion are filled in?

Clutching at straws and it was my own fault, it just grates that they have a limit on the street when no-one seems to park there!!

Hopefully someone can answer my query.

Thanks in advance.

Not writing on the envelope has no bearing on the validity of the PCN.

• Haha 1

I have received a parking ticket recently and I wanted to question it. I was parked outside one of my landladies house collecting some paints I lent her and had my car parked on a single yellow line for just over 10 mins. my ticket seems to have been filled out in all the right places from the research I have been doing however, I have e-mailed the enquiry address on the back asking for some answers but she is bloody useless!

I explained that I had my hazard lights on at the time and it was an over site on the wardens behalf not mine.

on the ticket it states that he clocked me at 10:45am and then 10:55am and that is it. now I was under the understanding that you were entitled to load and un load vehicles on single yellow lines for a reasonable length of time yes? well I think 10 mins is reasonable!

I have questioned it and all she did was say provide us with receipts for the paint (well they were mine not new) and a tenancy agreement (confidential so cant). I pushed the ball back into her court and asked her to prove to me that the warden had been correct in his judgment and she seems confused by this.

a further thing that seems to be going over my head is that I got the ticket on the 19th last month and it has clearly pashed the time limit to pay the min but she said on her e-mail I must pay the min by the 16th or face a £70 fine instead. ??????

can I get out of the ticket because he has not stated weather I had my hazards on or not because all my other tickets I have received (2 ever) they have stated. can you help??????

I have received a parking ticket recently and I wanted to question it. I was parked outside one of my landladies house collecting some paints I lent her and had my car parked on a single yellow line for just over 10 mins. my ticket seems to have been filled out in all the right places from the research I have been doing however, I have e-mailed the enquiry address on the back asking for some answers but she is bloody useless!

I explained that I had my hazard lights on at the time and it was an over site on the wardens behalf not mine.

on the ticket it states that he clocked me at 10:45am and then 10:55am and that is it. now I was under the understanding that you were entitled to load and un load vehicles on single yellow lines for a reasonable length of time yes? well I think 10 mins is reasonable!

I have questioned it and all she did was say provide us with receipts for the paint (well they were mine not new) and a tenancy agreement (confidential so cant). I pushed the ball back into her court and asked her to prove to me that the warden had been correct in his judgment and she seems confused by this.

a further thing that seems to be going over my head is that I got the ticket on the 19th last month and it has clearly pashed the time limit to pay the min but she said on her e-mail I must pay the min by the 16th or face a £70 fine instead. ??????

can I get out of the ticket because he has not stated weather I had my hazards on or not because all my other tickets I have received (2 ever) they have stated. can you help??????

What has hazard lights got to do with a Parking fine? As far as I am aware I thought they were to indicate a hazard such as breaking down in a dangerous spot and not to avoid getting a ticket?

You can load on a yellow line for a reasonable amount of time but the PCN was issued as no loading took place during the 10 mins the CEO was present. The duration of the stay needs to be for loading and checking the paperwork....nothing else. If you can justify why it took 10 mins to fetch some paint from an adjacent property you have grounds to appeal but personally I consider it rather a long time.

This forum is wierd!

It seems to be the norm to jump in on someone else's thread, detracting from their issue. It seems very inconsiderate to me.

Soph. Start your own thread and I will try to answer your questions.

For the OP 'faarn'. Nothing particular I can say to help. Never convinced that PCNs are valid without seeing them though. Scan and post?

-

Ting, Soph123 is a new member and may not have known the etiquette of forums.

Are you saying that people need obvious common decency explained to them????? Hardly the first I've seen on here so it was a general observation as well.

The issue wasn't even related to that of the OP other than that it was a PCN.

As stated, I'm happy to try to help if they start a thread but bemused as to why the mods haven't split it?

-

Are you saying that people need obvious common decency explained to them????? Hardly the first I've seen on here so it was a general observation as well.

The issue wasn't even related to that of the OP other than that it was a PCN.

As stated, I'm happy to try to help if they start a thread but bemused as to why the mods haven't split it?

-

Sounds like you are getting involved in too many threads with G&M Ting coz he must be rubbing off on you. :D

Not very happy to be compared to 'mean' !!! LOL.

Just a question then - and it's a friendly one - do you think the situation is right?

Moreover, given the likelihood of confusion if both cases were to progress - where is the moderation on this forum?????

-

Just a question then - and it's a friendly one - do you think the situation is right?

I think people who use forum boards regularly tend to forget non-techy people can often find them difficult to navigate. Therefore I try to be very understanding when merged topics occur.

Moreover, given the likelihood of confusion if both cases were to progress - where is the moderation on this forum?????

-

As far as I understand, forum moderation is a voluntary function and I think they do an excellent job in general (we all disagree with some of their decisions sometimes of course ;)) They do split forums into seperate topics from time to time but they can't be expected to spot everything without some help from us and they need some time to get round to doing it as well.

oh my gosh I never realised some people took these things to heart! im sorry if im not some super technical person and don't actually know how to start my own thread. all I was trying to do is see if there was someone out there who could help me. I didn't know you couldn't just add on to a thread. all I could see was "is my PCN valid" and thought that it was a chat room about that. for god sake you Ting person what really is your problem, is it that I have never used this site before, or is it that I clearly don't know as much about computers as you? THANX FOR THE HELP your clearly a top person Ting!

Nope, I'm an IT numpty myself.

i'm not taking it to heart I just don't want the two entirely different situations to become confused. That can be particularly dangerous where people have different deadlines for payment/appeal.

I think new thread button is, err - come out of this page, then it's bottom left I think - or somewhere on the page anyway.

-