Stamp Duty Query - Can anyone help?

Metcalfe77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I purchased a property on the 29th September (Completion date) for a sum of £162,000, which at this time meant that Stamp Duty was payable.

A few days later the threshold for stamp duty was increased to £175,000. I have the unsigned land tax forms with me at the moment. Is there anyway that I could avoid paying the stamp duty?

I was a few days out and the forms remain unsigned but my solicitor has recieved the stamp duty money from me. I spoke to the Inland Revenue and they have stated that there is nothing I can do as the stamp duty relates to the completion date.

Is there anything I can do?

Hi there.

I work for an Estate Agents and because you completed prior to the increase of STamp Duty coming in, unfortunately you will have had to pay it.

Stamp Duty threshold is now up to £175,000 and came in I believe on completions on or after 3rd September 2008 and will remain in force for 1 year.

Hi there.

I work for an Estate Agents and because you completed prior to the increase of STamp Duty coming in, unfortunately you will have had to pay it.

Stamp Duty threshold is now up to £175,000 and came in I believe on completions on or after 3rd September 2008 and will remain in force for 1 year.

According to the OPs post, completion is not until 29th September, this means that they will be exempt according to the quoted post. I have had a root around the internet, but it is not quite clear, if you do find out more can you let us know.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin: