Arrows/Marlins Claimform - old LLoyds loan no CCA-**WON..DISC'D+COSTS**

wakeywakey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Put this:

The Claimant commenced proceedings in relation to an agreement regulated under The Consumer Credit Act 1974, claiming a right to sue as assignee. A Defence was served in which the Defendant alleged the agreement was unenforceable on grounds the Claimant was not entitled to the relief claimed by reason of the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and/or Limitation Act 1980. Following the delivery of the Defendant's allocation questionnaire, the Claimant served Notice of Discontinuance.

x20

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Received offer last week of £90.

Buggers sent a cheque so couldn't resist cashing it.

Wish I hadn't now, could I try to say I accepted it has a deposit till they send the rest?

cheeky I know.

Once again, many thanks for all that helped me.

It has opended my eyes to a whole new world of people helping people.

• 2 months later...
Received offer last week of £90.

Can you imagine what wuld happen if one of us offered them 20% of what they asked for?

I'd hold out for the full amount or set a DCA on them if they don't pay.

It makes me laugh that a LIP is priced at a fifteenth the worth of a qualified solicitor yet is expected to operate almost as if he were one. Although Judges generally are "softer" with LIP's I've known of them tear an LIP to pieces. I personally know in a child access case where a mother (that was physically beaten by her ex partner and had an injunction against him) was told to "stop snivelling in my court" (I was there as a McKenzie so not allowed to comment). She was also told that if the judge required her to walk across fields in winter to deliver her children to her ex for access she WOULD do it!

I have no huge respect for judges, in many cases they are too "busy" to involve themselves in the actual case they are supposed to review and rely on the words of their "learned colleague".

A solicitor absconded with the proceeds of the sale of my house (and many others) and the law society actually tried to claim that he was depressed due to pressure of work!!