• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrows/Marlins Claimform - old LLoyds loan no CCA-**WON..DISC'D+COSTS**

wakeywakey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post although I have been reading here for a while.

I had a threatening letter from Marlins re an old debt that I dont believe I owe.

Unfortuneatly I let them bully me into adding it to my DPM so I cant try the 6 year rule.

After reading on this site I decided to send a CCA request to see if they had anything, but while waiting for reply I had a County Court Claim delivered from Arrow Global Ltd on 28th August 2008

I decided to defend and entered my AoS on the 3rd Sept 08

Today I received a letter from Marlins stating (I will have to type it all in as I dont know how to copy etc).

Dear Sir,

Re; Arrow Global Ltd v (me)

Claim No 8*******

Ref; 2*****

We refer to the above matter and inparticular yout letter dated 20th August 2008 received by us on 22nd August 2008.

Further to your recent request for a copy of your credit agreement, we unfortunately have been unable to obtain one to provide you. We hope this is not of inconvience to you.

We have requested a copy of the Deed of Assignment from our client, which will be forwarded to upon receipt of the same.

Please be aware that a recent High Court judgement held that once a credit agreement has been terminated the obligation to provide a copy agreement in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ceases to apply. There is therefore no penalty for our being unable to provide the copy agreement and, more particularly, the debt remains enforcable against you.

This means that you remain liable to pay the debt and that Arrow Global Ltd will be entitled to take enforement action against you to recover it. This could include seeking a County Court judgement against you and, if awarded and the judgement amount is not paid according to the judgement, seeking an enforcment order such as a charging order, attachment of earnings order or attendance of a bailiff to seize and sell your non-essential property to pay down the debt.

We hope that this clarifies any misunderstanding you had in relation to our obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and your obligation to pay your debt.

Yours Faithfully,

Litatgation Services

Not sure as to my next move but I would think I have a good case here dont you?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, and welcome, i had to read that twice just to be sure i wasnt seeing things!, everything in that letter is utter rubbish IMHO.

Ok first who is the original creditor?

Can you post up the particulars of claim?

Have you ever recieved a Default Notice?

Have you received any Notice of Assignment from both the OC and the DCA?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Ouwww, I like that one!

By the way - what were the details shown in the Particulars of Claim against you?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to show the basics.

Original creditor Lloydds

POC's is quite long winded

"By a credit agreement in writing between Llyods TSB Bank Plc (LTSB) & the Defedant dated 21/01/94 (the agreement) LTSB agreed to loan the defendant monies under the terms and conditions set out therein.

The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In breach of the Agreement the Defendant did not pay the instalments as they fell due. LTSB served a default Notice on the Defendant stating the sum due & requiring the Defendant to pay the same. The Defendant failed to pay & the Agreement was assigned to the claimant on 18/07/2007.

THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS:

1. 1,253.25

2. Interest at the rate pursuant to the Agreement namely 0.00 & continuing until judgement or sooner payment at the daily rate of 0.00 or in the alternative interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984. Also, interest at the rate pursuant to the Agreement from the judgement date until payment"

If I did ever receive a default it was some time ago. Just cant remember

Yes, I did receive an assignment from both, but as I have many debts I just didnt bother arguing the toss and added it to my DMP.

And I didnt realise it was from so long ago.

FANTASTIC

they are pleading that youre indebted to them via a written contract but they dont have it nor can they find it nor do they think it matters

Time to get their donkey and fillet the begger

they have little to no prospect of success with that argument

also while im thinking about it

nowhere does it make mention to the fact that the agreement has been terminated so for all we know it is still live and furthermore, they will obviously be providing primary evidence of the default being served im sure :rolleyes: but wait they cant cos they have sod all and they know it

OK, the first thing is to send a CPR18 request to the claimant, there's one in the templates but i have my own which i can post up if you need it.

The POC is hopeless, and what's that about interest being claimed at 0%, and any way they aren't entitled to interest under the county courts act 1974.

I think all this gives you a flavour of how they are going to proceed with this.

What date do you have to file your defence by, its 33 days from the date on the claim form?

Ok paul has arrived while i was typing, your in the best of hands Regards

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Please be aware that a recent High Court judgement held that once a credit agreement has been terminated the obligation to provide a copy agreement in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ceases to apply. There is therefore no penalty for our being unable to provide the copy agreement and, more particularly, the debt remains enforcable against you.

Ah now while this may be the case, it is highly irrelevant as it is not the CCA which governs proceedings but the rules of the court and the CPR

they cannot get out of an obligation to supply the documents which they are relying upon if they want their case to succeed and if they do not have it then its game over as the judge cannot make an enforcement order if he cannot see the documents

Hi WW,

does this look familiar?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/pookeymonkey/marlinhfcletter1.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/pookeymonkey/marlinhfcletter2.jpg

And I thought they had spent the time to lovingly craft a letter just for me!

Funny thing is I have never asked Marlin for my CCA as I have already asked the original creditor for it in 2007, they sent some statements and some waffle about not being able to find it at present, but promised to send it soon. A few months later they sold the account to Phoenix/Marlin.

Have a look at this thread - Marlin trying to use the Rankine case- I think - The Consumer Forums

Good luck with your case,

Pookey

Edited by pookeymonkey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

OK, the first thing is to send a CPR18 request to the claimant, there's one in the templates but i have my own which i can post up if you need it.

The POC is hopeless, and what's that about interest being claimed at 0%, and any way they aren't entitled to interest under the county courts act 1974.

I think all this gives you a flavour of how they are going to proceed with this.

What date do you have to file your defence by, its 33 days from the date on the claim form?

Ok paul has arrived while i was typing, your in the best of hands Regards

CPR request sent to claimant 3rd sept

Issue date 26th aug so Defence needed for 28th Sept I think

OK, I think I'm with you so far.

I kind of understood all this bit.

Its the next bit that I dont quite get.

I have read other posts but im still quite confused.

I will have to defend still even though its probable that they dont have the agreement, is that right?

so what happens if they just ignore my CPR request and do nothing?

Will I still have to go to court?

If so, Blimey, its still quite daunting, even though it looks optimistic at the moment.

Good job you guys are here to help!

Hi WW,

have a look through this thread, I had a CCA and a CPR18 request ignored and filed a defence with the help of CAG members based on this and the lack of any credit agreement. The defence is on this thread along with the build up to it.

Halifax ignore CCA request and reminder -now I have recieved a Court claim - The Consumer Forums

Good luck,

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Oh boy, another totally whacked up claim. I'm really lovin' 'em.

First, I think there's no point in putting in a CPR 18 Request for Further Information, particularly those types of CPR 18 Requests which read like they're a Data Protection Act SARS. For a kick off it will be ignored, so to compel compliance you'll need an order which will only come after a defence has gone in and the case has been allocated. The case will be allocated to the small claims track since it is for a sum below £5,000.00. The provisions of CPR 18 are excluded unless the Judge decides there is something about the case which requires Further Information and casn't be provided by some other way. The stuff which will be relevant will be documents revealed during the stage of disclosure. Indeed and in truth what will be relevant is what they will be unable to disclose!

So having put in an Acknowledgement of Service, now put in a Defence. All it needs to do is join issue with the allegations set out in the PoC and chuck in the hurdles which will bring them to their knees.

My 2 cents says the Defence will run something like this:

1 The Defendant admits that in or about January 1994 (he/she) entered into an agreement with LTSB and which was an agreement regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (The Act).

2 The Defendant has no recollection of and makes no admissions regarding the precise purpose of the agreement or of its terms, conditions and other provisions or what would constitute a breach thereof. The Defendant denies that the agreement was a properly executed agreement and denies committing a breach thereof.

3 Alternatively, if the Defendant committed a breach thereof the breach gave rise to a cause of action which had accrued in excess of 6 years prior to the commencement of this case and in consequence of which may not now be brought by reason of section 5 and/or section 29(7) of The Limitation Act 1980.

4 Further and alternatively, if the agreement was a properly executed agreement, save that LTSB terminated the agreement, it is denied that the agremeent is now capable of enforcement by the Claimant whether in whole or in part.

5 It is denied that LTSB served a default notice upon the Defendant, alternative a default notice complying with the provisions of section 88 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6 It is further denied that prior to the termination identified at paragraph 4, LTSB had become entitled to benefit from any of the rights set out at section 87(1) of The Consumer Cedit Act 1974. By reason of the matters set out at paragraph 5, LTSB gained none of those rights.

7 Notwithstanding the contents of paragraph 6, it is admitted and avered that since the termination identified at paragraph 4, LTSB and the Claimant have made demand of the Defendant for the payment of money the subject of this claim.

8 Incorporated within the sum demanded by the Claimant are sums claimed for their and/or LTSB's administration fees, late payment charges and like provisions. It is denied (if it be alleged) that the Claimant has incurred any such fees and charges, alternatively that such fees and charges if incurred accurately represent sums lost by the Claimant by reason of late payment. The Defendant avers the incorporation of such claims is penal and unenforceable at law.

9 Further and in any event, by reason of the matters set out at paragraphs 5 and 6 above and the requirements of section 87(1) of the Act, the steps taken by LTSB and/or the Claimant and identified at paragraphs 7 hereof were steps which LTSB and/or the Claimant were not entitled to take.

10 It is denied that LTSB assigned the agreement to the Claimant, alternatively that there was any valuable benefit in the agreement capable of being assigned to the Claimant.

11 In the circumstances the facts and matters set out in the Particulars of Claim do not give rise to an entitlement to claim any of the relief now sought by the Claimant.

12 The Claimant’s claim to be entitled to £1,253.25, to interest or to any other sum is denied.

I BELIEVE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS DEFENCE ARE TRUE.

Signed:

Dated:

x20

OK, I got the impression you accepted you had entered into an agreement with LTSB. If you really have no idea at all, make the folowing changes:

Para 1: change 'admit' to 'does not admit'.

Para 2: Add 'Further,' at the beginnig of this paragraph.

Para 3: After 'the Defendant', add 'entered into the agreement and'

x20

Hmmm, bit complicated isn''t it?

I had lots of debts back then and still do.

When I received the debt letter I simply failed to recognise it as a debt this old and presumed it was just another DCA buying one of my newer debts.

I added it to my DMP

Do you therefore think it would be best to admit the debt because I have already added it to the DMP?

Or go with my original plan to dispute the debt entirely?

Many thanks for your help

I'm sorry if I have made things complicated. I'm trying to condense every conceivable defence into a short document. If you'd like me to redo the Defence with the amendments I recommend just say so and I'll repost.

In any case:

DONT admit the debt. The fact you added it to your DMP may still be of no benefit to the Claimant. That's why I pleaded section 29(7) of The Limitation Act. Section 29(7) says that once the six years have expired the limitation period is over for all time and can not be revived by an acknowledgement made after those six years have expired.

DO enter a Defence, either in the terms of the draft I knocked up or some other draft you may prefer.

I very much doubt this case will get near a courtroom. I foresee it being abandoned by the Claimant long before then.

x20

x20, I didnt mean you had made it complicated. I meant its just complicated when, like me, you don't really know what your doing.

However, with your help and others on this forum, I am learning fast.

I can sort out the defence from the first script you gave and I will just change the part regarding admitting as you suggest.

Can I then show you the final defence for consideration?

Ah now while this may be the case, it is highly irrelevant as it is not the CCA which governs proceedings but the rules of the court and the CPR

they cannot get out of an obligation to supply the documents which they are relying upon if they want their case to succeed and if they do not have it then its game over as the judge cannot make an enforcement order if he cannot see the documents

So what should I do now?

This was from the claimant, not the solicitor, I'm still waiting to hear from them.

OK, I'm ready to start my defence paper.

Sorry to be thick, but is this using the defence form they sent me in the claim pack, copying the one you made up for me, then pasting it and then adding it as seperate defence sheet, or online?

Thanks guys

OK, I'm ready to start my defence paper.

Sorry to be thick, but is this using the defence form they sent me in the claim pack, copying the one you made up for me, then pasting it and then adding it as seperate defence sheet, or online?

Thanks guys

Bear in mind that if you enter it online there is a limit as to how many words/characters you can submit. Therefore if you are going to exceed this number you will have to use one of the other methods (i.e. post or hand delivery).

I don't recall the number, but perhaps someone else can advise.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Guys,

This is my defence.

Could you have a quick look at it as it needs to go pretty quick now.

I notice theres no mention of the fact they havent replied to my CPR18 request.

Should that be added?

1 The Defendant does not admits that in or about January 1994 he entered into an agreement with LTSB and which was an agreement regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (The Act).

2 Further, the Defendant has no recollection of and makes no admissions regarding the precise purpose of the agreement or of its terms, conditions and other provisions or what would constitute a breach thereof. The Defendant denies that the agreement was a properly executed agreement and denies committing a breach thereof.

3 Alternatively, if the Defendant enterered into the agreement and committed a breach thereof the breach gave rise to a cause of action which had accrued in excess of 6 years prior to the commencement of this case and in consequence of which may not now be brought by reason of section 5 and/or section 29(7) of The Limitation Act 1980.

4 Further and alternatively, if the agreement was a properly executed agreement, save that LTSB terminated the agreement, it is denied that the agremeent is now capable of enforcement by the Claimant whether in whole or in part.

5 It is denied that LTSB served a default notice upon the Defendant, alternative a default notice complying with the provisions of section 88 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6 It is further denied that prior to the termination identified at paragraph 4, LTSB had become entitled to benefit from any of the rights set out at section 87(1) of The Consumer Cedit Act 1974. By reason of the matters set out at paragraph 5, LTSB gained none of those rights.

7 Notwithstanding the contents of paragraph 6, it is admitted and avered that since the termination identified at paragraph 4, LTSB and the Claimant have made demand of the Defendant for the payment of money the subject of this claim.

8 Incorporated within the sum demanded by the Claimant are sums claimed for their and/or LTSB's administration fees, late payment charges and like provisions. It is denied (if it be alleged) that the Claimant has incurred any such fees and charges, alternatively that such fees and charges if incurred accurately represent sums lost by the Claimant by reason of late payment. The Defendant avers the incorporation of such claims is penal and unenforceable at law.

9 Further and in any event, by reason of the matters set out at paragraphs 5 and 6 above and the requirements of section 87(1) of the Act, the steps taken by LTSB and/or the Claimant and identified at paragraphs 7 hereof were steps which LTSB and/or the Claimant were not entitled to take.

10 It is denied that LTSB assigned the agreement to the Claimant, alternatively that there was any valuable benefit in the agreement capable of being assigned to the Claimant.

11 In the circumstances the facts and matters set out in the Particulars of Claim do not give rise to an entitlement to claim any of the relief now sought by the Claimant.

12 The Claimant’s claim to be entitled to £1,253.25, to interest or to any other sum is denied.

I BELIEVE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS DEFENCE ARE TRUE.

Signed:

Dated: