Davy vs Bryan Carter

davybuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right then, thought it had been quiet and peaceful for a while and arrive home today to a nice claim form from everyone's hero's BC.

POC - The Claimant claims xx, such sum being part of a debt due under an agreement number xxxxx ("the Agreement") whereby the defendant agreed to pay the claimant xx ("the Debt").

For the avoidance of doubt in making this claim for a part of the debt the claimant does not waive any rights as to the balance of the debt,which the Defendant continues to owe to the Claimant under the agreement.

when will carter ever learn

splitting his claim by going for his costs is a seriouse no no

some one will be along soon with the relevent links

just sit back and wait for carter to with draw

YOU MUST ACKNOWLEDGE THE CLAIM OR YOU WILL GET A CCJ BY DEFAULT

STATE YOU ARE DEFENDING ALL OF THE CLAIM

Right

time to spank this mcmuffin

Dont file the Acknowledgement of service yet, instead, when you do file the AOS, send a Defence as well and do it via special delivery

that way, when he discontinues, he will be liable for your costs and upon discontinuance he will need leave fop the court to restart a claim for the full amount

that fillets his donkey completely

but it also cuts your time frame down to 14 days

oh well,

I was just thinking of stuffing him for costs that was all

we can still stick in a defence as there is no point filing a CPR request as we know he cannot understand what they are:D

we shall stick in a defence and when he withdraws the claim we file a request for costs

• Haha 1

Right then, thought it had been quiet and peaceful for a while and arrive home today to a nice claim form from everyone's hero's BC.

POC - The Claimant claims xx, such sum being part of a debt due under an agreement number xxxxx ("the Agreement") whereby the defendant agreed to pay the claimant xx ("the Debt").

For the avoidance of doubt in making this claim for a part of the debt the claimant does not waive any rights as to the balance of the debt,which the Defendant continues to owe to the Claimant under the agreement.

Section 35 of the County Courts Act 1984 reads as shown here - County Courts Act 1984 (c. 28) - Statute Law Database .

This effectively means they are acting unlawfully in bringing the claim as they have.

Perhaps pt and/or x20 can confirm that, and also confirm that this is a complete defence to the claim.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Section 35 of the County Courts Act 1984 reads as shown here - County Courts Act 1984 (c. 28) - Statute Law Database .

This effectively means they are acting unlawfully in bringing the claim as they have.

Perhaps pt and/or x20 can confirm that, and also confirm that this is a complete defence to the claim.

Quite correct, it is unlawful to split the cause of action and would provide a strong defence

Although Carters have now started withdrawing upon AOS stating an intention to defend, so what we do now is file a defence at the same time as the AOS in separate envelopes , so that where he discontinues , he automatically gets stuck for our costs, call it trying to teach him a lesson.

of course the other option is to pay the part of the debt then when he tries to sue for the rest its automatically an abuse of the court process

Thank for the replies everyone. Now I need to get thinking about sending the defence. As we don't seem to think a CPR request is in order would I be right in thinking we will say that the POC's are not sufficient to give grounds for the claim ?

You can still make a CPR request - in fact it would be a good idea to do so. Any failure to respond can be reported to the court, possibly as evidence that the claim is frivolous or vexatious.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

Hi,

I wasnt being facetious at all. i was merely pointing that such a move would be pointless as Carters will discontinue and restart a new claim when they realise you are defending all of the claim

if they do this then they do not fall within the difficulties of Part 38

However if a defence is filed and then they withdraw

A) they are liable for the defendants costs

B) they cannot restart the proceedings without leave of the court

it is Carters M.O to simply with draw from proceedings when a AOS is filed with the intention of defending, so what i suggested sticks it to him hook line and sinker

I wasnt being facetious at all.

It looked like it in post #6

• 2 weeks later...