Expenses in Small Claims Case (Claimant)

KJD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have got a small claims case going on where we are the claimant. Are now at the stage of a court hearing in September (mediation attempted and failed). The problem I've got is the defendant has had the case reallocated to his home town, some 270 miles away.

So my question is about expenses which could be awarded should we win (am confident we will).

I have found out that we could be entitled to £50 per day loss of earnings, and travelling and overnight fees.

If we want to claim these do we have to let the courts know now (am about to send copies of all documents to court & defendant), or will that be dealt with once the judgement has been given?

Many thanx

Yep add all your expenses to uour claim, backed by receipts etc. you acn claim loos of earnings only if you have actually lost any, i.e. self employed, but not if you have just taken tome of work, as hol etc.

Thanks. Do I have to let the Courts / Defendant know that now (I am photocopying all documents to send to both today) or will they take that as read?

Also, I see what you said about loss of earnings. I will not personally lose any money but I am going to have to employ someone for the day to cover for me. There are potentially loss of business charges I could add as well, but quite frankly I just want the defendant to pay what he owes and not be out of pocket.

Thanks.