SORN Fine Advice please

reidy1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know there an another main post in regards to this but i realised after i put my message that it was properly best i posted indivually instead of hijacking another post for some advice.

well im basically in the same situation as many i have read so far last february while in hospital my car tax was due to run out so i got my partner to bring me the relevent forms so the car could be sorn and he sent the information. Now being my first car i wasnt sure how it worked so when i heard nothing i just assumed things had been done yes dumb i know but at the time i was not with it and strong meds. 6 weeks letter when i got home i recieved a letter saying i had been given 40 fine. I called them and had no such luck they said they had not recieved my decleration and did i have any proof i sent it the original form off. I told them no as it was post by normal post and i was in hospital at the time. He got very lippy with me saying how could i send it if i was in hospital i explained i had filled the forms in and my partner sent them. He shurgged off anything i said and basically called me incompetant and liar in so many words and put the phone down on me. I tried calling again and again no-one would entertain me apart from one women who listen to what i had to say but unfortunetly said she could not help. By this time the £40 had expired. I refused to pay it and wrote to dvla as thats what the lady told me to do. I heard nothing back from that particular letter and then not long after another letter saying i was now with a £80 by this time i was back in hospital so i never got round to it even though i felt why should i pay for there incompetance i did what i had to do just because they lost the forms it wasn't my problem. I was so sick at the time and i could not be bothered with it so i had the car scrapped in the end. I recieved the paperwork to say my car had been scrapped weeks later. But nothing on the fine which i had actually forgot about until recently when someone enquired to me about whatever did happen did i pay it. Now im not sure how this all works with the fine system for somthing like this will there be a warrant for my arrest?? or will i have debt collection services eventually come to my door? or is it court? i never recieved anything about the fine there after the letter to say my fine had went from 40 to 80. Now that had been nearly a year im still at same address and ive never heard anything from it i was i did try to contact dvla recently but they wouldnt entertain me. Any ideas or advice what i should do as i dont want it hanging over me as my healths not great these days. A friend seems to think because i had the car scrapped then because the car no-longer exsists in there database it may have been dropped but i wouldn't think so and one of reason im looking for advice. I felt like i was being conned into paying for somthing i had allready dealt with originally but no-one would take any notice to anything i said.

Any and all advice would be very appreciated please

thank you