HFO Services I am pulling me hair out.

lily007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I wonder if any of you can help me.

I had a loan with Marks and Spencers and missed 3 payments. I got these payments up to date but Marks and Spencers sold my account to HFO when they initially contacted me I started a repayment with them of £50 a month and the representative of HFO would call me monthly and I would make a payment to them. The Representative of the Company had left and I heard nothing from them tried to call them but never got through. Now I am called on average 8 times a day at work leaving messages with various staff that they are a debt collection agency and I must contact them immediately. And of an evening on average four times on my mobile. They have also contacted my next door neighbours as well to get in touch with me and left a similar message as the one's they leave for me at work.

What is concerning me is that I am always speaking to different people different sums are given to me on every conversation then I have another company call me who they say are part of HFO so I am completely confused. I originally borrowed £4000. they are now saying that I owe jsut over £14,000. I have asked them to put this in writing which they refuse point blank they are constantly saying I am in court the following week. I just do not know what to do.

Can someone please give me some advice please.

Firstly, don't telephone them at all - wait for something in writing, someone on the phone can lie and threaten, whilst they are loathe to do this in writing.

when they call you, simply say, "in writing only please" trhen hang up, refuse to go through their security questions, they will have to terminate the call.

Do not get into conversations about your private financial matters with a stranger over the phone, even the government tell us it's very unsafe.

Don't panic, they are not going to take you to court just yet, even if someone does call at your house, tell them to b@gger off, they have no more rights to enter your home than the pizza delivery man, if they refuse to leave, call the police.

We'll worry about the balances and such when they put it in writing

Once M&S passed your debt on - the sirens starting going off in every DCA office up & down the land by the sounds of it. :rolleyes:

Seems like they are putting maximum pressure on you to pay up ASAP & coming down heavy on you by contacting at all times of the day,neighbours,work etc...& saying you'll be in court in a week.

First things first - they wont take you to court as it would cost them too much & they'd only get back £1 per month or something..so anyway they can get the money off you sooner & without going to court - they will try & do so - thats why the pressure off them is intense at the moment.

You need to start turning the tables on this lot in order to get them off your back by sending them anti harrassment letters & getting the likes of the trading standards/OFT involved etc..

Once they see they are getting nowhere with you is when they will back off.

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply I dont even think they have the right postal address for me anymore. I have received nothing in writing from them for over 2 years so I am just confused I keep asking them to leave me alone but they wont I put the phone down on one and she called me back 8 times asking me who I thought I was and a load of other threats. The calls are affecting my job now as obviously people talking !!!

Who actually are these bullies !!

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply I dont even think they have the right postal address for me anymore. I have received nothing in writing from them for over 2 years so I am just confused I keep asking them to leave me alone but they wont I put the phone down on one and she called me back 8 times asking me who I thought I was and a load of other threats. The calls are affecting my job now as obviously people talking !!!

Who actually are these bullies !!

They are just DCA call centre threat monkeys who will speak to you like rubbish - its nothing new as most of them are like that.

Once you start giving it to them straight/telling them to f off down the phone & asking who the hell he/she thinks they are is when they will tone down how much they contact you.

Oh & in future - refuse to answer any of their security questions :)

Hiya,

I will do that but they refuse to give me my account number and also their correspondence address.

So I am struggling with them at the minute

like I said, refuse to enter into any communications until they write to you, since they won't give you an address, It would seem a little difficult to send them any "prove it" letters or CCA requests, refuse to answer their security questions and simply state "in writing only" they cant take you to court if they dont have your address, or can prove that they have written to you

Hiya,

I will do that but they refuse to give me my account number and also their correspondence address.

So I am struggling with them at the minute

Well in that case this lot are just playing funny buggers with you & need to seriously be told to take a run & jump. :mad:

Have you considered getting your numbers changed?

Their registered office/correspondence address is at

Roxburghe House

Lavender Park Road

West Byfleet KT14 6NA

But their monkeys work from

165 The Broadway

Wimbledon

London SW19 1NE

which is, coincidentally, the address of their 'solicitors', Turnbull Rutherford. They're hand in glove.

Remember to send everything recorded delivery, and have a scout around this site for harrassment letters, prove it letters and CCA request letters.

Sorry, posts overtook me. It's a strange one. If they don't know where you are, they have a problem, but we need to stop your harrassment. I think your first step is a complaint to Trading Standards and OFT, but maybe call your local TS and tell them it's causing you a lot of trouble - they'll have to act. Otherwise get the police involved because this kind of harrassment is a criminal offence.

Sounds like a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office is needed too about them passing around your personal information to anyone who answers the phone. Send HFO the harassment letter (see the sticky in this forum).

Hi,

Thank you all for your responses since speaking to you I have had three calls in a row from them. I have told them that I do not want to discuss this matter with them on the telephone and would need every bit of communication in writing they are refusing. I now have a direct dial and the mans name is it best to just go to the police.

They are now also asking to speak to the MD or Financial Director at my work !!

Lily, is there any way you could record one of these calls? This is outrageous - get straight on to the police (not 999, I hasten to add) and please do follow up with a call to your local Trading Standards. What they are doing is illegal.

It is with regret that I note that it has become clear to us as that you are refusing to pay this debt. Our investigation into your account is now complete and I can confirm that your account has been qualified for litigation. You will see that the cost of investigation has been added to your debt.

You are now on a 72-hour notice of litigation. I should warn you that if I do not hear from you within 72 hours, your account will be passed to our solicitors for legal action. This will result in an immediate increase in the balance of your debt because HFO’s legal fees will be added to your debt. You can avoid this by calling me immediately.

Once our solicitors have reviewed your case they will issue a claim form against you in the County Court. The cost of the litigation will be added to your debt: this includes court fees, accrued interest and further solicitors’ costs. When we have obtained a County Court Judgment against you, the cost of enforcing our Judgment will be added to your debt. You should seek advice from your own solicitor if you’re in any doubt as to the seriousness of your situation. Your solicitor will also be able to explain to you how we can enforce our Judgment against your income and any assets you may have (including your home).

I hope the above is clear and you can see how your continuing failure to contact us is costing you a significant amount of money. You can put a stop to all of this by calling me on 0203-0248435 or 07918762335within the next 72 hours.

Yours sincerely,

Clinton Bruce

Senior Litigation Officer

HFO Services

Tel: 0-203024-8435

Mob: 07918762335

Email: [email protected]

This is what they have emailed me !!!

That is terrible Lily. I'd definitely speak to the police and involve Trading Standards. Who the hell do these people think they are?

How can they issue court proceedings when they don't know where you live and haven't written to you in two years, never mind the increase in the debt?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

[quote=lily007;

It is with regret that I note that it has become clear to us as that you are refusing to pay this debt. Our investigation into your account is now complete and I can confirm that your account has been qualified for litigation. You will see that the cost of investigation has been added to your debt

You are now on a 72-hour notice of litigationI should warn you that if I do not hear from you within 72 hours, your account will be passed to our solicitors for legal action. This will result in an immediate increase in the balance of your debt because HFO’s legal fees will be added to your debt. You can avoid this by calling me immediately

Once our solicitors have reviewed your case they will issue a claim form against you in the County Court. The cost of the litigation will be added to your debt: this includes court fees, accrued interest and further solicitors’ costs. When we have obtained a County Court Judgment against you, the cost of enforcing our Judgment will be added to your debt. You should seek advice from your own solicitor if you’re in any doubt as to the seriousness of your situation. Your solicitor will also be able to explain to you how we can enforce our Judgment against your income and any assets you may have (including your home).

I hope the above is clear and you can see how your continuing failure to contact us is costing you a significant amount of money. You can put a stop to all of this by calling me on 0203-0248435 or 07918762335within the next 72 hours

Clinton B***

HFO Services

Mob:

Tidied it up for you makes it easier for people to read and give extra advice:)

Personally I would email the guy back and demand that in future all correspondence is in writing and that you require within 72hrs a valid and lawful copy of the Consumer Agreement.

and that his pathetic company has now been reported to TS / OFT / Information commisioner

It is with regret that I note that it has become clear to us as that you are refusing to pay this debt. Our investigation into your account is now complete and I can confirm that your account has been qualified for litigation. You will see that the cost of investigation has been added to your debt.

You are now on a 72-hour notice of litigation. I should warn you that if I do not hear from you within 72 hours, your account will be passed to our solicitors for legal action. This will result in an immediate increase in the balance of your debt because HFO’s legal fees will be added to your debt. You can avoid this by calling me immediately.

I hope the above is clear and you can see how your continuing failure to contact us is costing you a significant amount of money. You can put a stop to all of this by calling me on 0203-0248435 or 07918762335within the next 72 hours.

Yours sincerely,

Clinton Bruce

HFO Services

Mob: 07918762335

Email: [email protected]

Lilly07..i dont know you but you come across as very frightened & worried with due respect.

You need to start your fightback now without fail.

Nothing will happen to you i assure, as all these monkeys will do is threaten & intimidate you and generally try to frighten you into paying up.

Speak to your local police (not 999) & get advice off them, try your citizens advice beauraux, national debtline for advice, speak to trading standards, the OFT...the lot.

This digraceful bunch need to be taught a lesson :mad:

Have they now! right - you need to send them the following letter to their Wimbledon office: enclose a £1 postal order and write on the back of it "CCA request, not to be used for payment". Then send by recorded or registered post, and keep the receipt with a copy of the letter.

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU REPRESENT

Re:− Account/Reference Number

I am in receipt of your email dated XXXX regarding the above referenced account. I am writing to request you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79),I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I am sure you are aware that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Please also note that I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of myself and my place of work by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, either at home, or at my place of work, you will be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

Get yourself a file and keep all correspondence from this lot in order, you may need to refer to it at some point.

Then ring Trading Standards and report them for contacting your place of work and asking to speak to other members of staff.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

To be honest I am petrified I am a receptionist at present I can control 80% of the calls they are making to me during work hours. At present I am at the point that I dont go to lunch just in case they call and leave anymore messages with my colleaugues I have forced myself to come into work on a number of occassions when I really I should have been at home in bed. This is all ruling my life at the minute and I honestly do not know what to do!!!