• Tweets

• So I am now in receipt of a second Letter of Claim this time from DCBL although their letter head now says " DCBLegal"  😱 Now I'm guessing one response to a letter of claim is sufficient and I could ignore this but having been inspired by other snotty letters I wanted to have another bash at one. How does this sound? Dear Lackeys of Company with Unconscionable Morals, Thank you ever so much for gracing me with yet another Letter Before Claim on behalf of Excel Parking Services. How many of these delightful missives do you plan on sending before you muster the courage to follow through on your threats to take me to court? Just so we're clear, here is the response (in italics by that I mean the slanted text below) I previously sent to Excel’s Letter Before Claim, in case your attention to detail is as lacking as I suspect: I am currently 2-0 up in terms of Small Claims Court proceedings and I look forward to the opportunity to claim a hat trick, this case being more straightforward than my previous two. I will be asking the court for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) due to your conduct over this absurd claim. Despite my best efforts, you continue to assert that I have breached your terms. However, I cannot breach terms that I was not present to accept. Have you even read my initial response? I suggest you review it thoroughly and save yourself some money. Additionally, please refer to section 13 of the IPC Code of Practice, 2023 edition. I eagerly await your deafening silence. Remarkably, I haven't heard a peep from Excel since my response; instead, they've passed the baton to you to perform this tiresome routine once more. Consider this my official notice that I am sending a cease and desist letter to Excel Parking Services. Their relentless hounding has crossed the line into clear harassment. Any further demands for payment from you, as Excel's lackeys, will be regarded as nothing more than shameless acts of intimidation and harassment. I now look forward to the deafening sound of your silence. Yours sincerely,
    • Personally I'd go to it and object for the sake of it. They have to attend anyway so I can't see you being liable for any costs or anything (if they try to ask for attendance costs, just say that firstly it is their application, secondly it is from their own making, thirdly that they would have to come anyway so you shouldn't need to bear their costs.   When you turn up you should object on the basis that the witness has been in office since the time of the order, and could have done their witnes statement in advance of their AL. Their poor planning is not your fault, 7 days is too rushed for you as a LIP and there is no good reason that a company can't organise itself to sort WX in time. Also they say finalise so they already have something, its not like thye have nothing. Their amendments cannot be so important if they are being added so late.   see what @AndyOrch says but that's my thoughts  
    • Yes, in the main your understanding of my case is right. Linked below to the post with the final WS sent to the court and to Evri.   
    • Hello, welcome to CAG. As you say, appealing this ticket doesn't help as these people hardly ever accept appeals. They don't care how difficult someone's life is, they just want the money. The forum guys should be along later with thoughts for you on how to deal with this. Best, HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance

Realist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Yes Im aware that there are loads of threads and posts about the very same problem I have but I like to keep my posts all in one section, so here goes.

Back 3 years ago due to redundancy. loss of jobs etc I was put through the ringer and now have bad credit, hence Welcome Finance was the only company whom would provide me with a loan for a car.

The car itself was purchased from an independend dealer and not Welcomes showrooms themselves and again I was told that the loan would not be approved if I didnt agree o the PPI and this was from the dealer and Welcome themselves so like a fool I agreed.

Now I've 12 months remaining on the car and now wish to claim back the PPI.

Back 2 years ago me and my wife agreed to a seperate loan and back 12 months ago refinanced the loan again to get some cash back, a bad move but thats life and these 2 loans had PPI attached to them as well so my question is............

How can I claim back the PPI from the car and the 2 loans?

Where do I start?

I have all the agreements to hand and seeking advise.

If I can get WF to pay back the PPI on all 3, then thats the car paid for and some of the loan as well.

Comments!

Regards.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there

I am sorry to hear about your redundancy, although it was 3 years ago, I know how devasting and worrying this can be.

You mention that you want to reclaim on the PPI.

First of all as you will be aware, as long as you have not made a claim on this and you have grounds for complaint that this was mis sold to you then get a letter of complaint into the loan company, there is a template here in the front page index library, keep at them.

Do you still have the documents/paperwork for this ?;)

It can be then worked out how much you can reclaim on this.

Sorry if I have mis read this, as I am rushing from here to there at the moment lol, but yep if you feel you were mis sold this and not claimed on this, then write to the company to complain and request them to uphold and refund you the full amount and the 8% interest of what a court would award.

Don't forget to mention if they do not do this then you will take your complaint to the FOS.

If you require further info just yell and one of us will come back to help all we can.

Good luck!

Di.

hi realist

on all the welcome threads i ask this question and to date welcome seem reluctant to give.

with your ppi policy

DO YOU KNOW WHO THE POLICY IS WITH AND WHO ADDMINISTERS IT.

even through an sar, this info is non exsistant.

there are reasons for this question

Ummm I did recall making enquiries about a possible claim but I never did go through with the claim and have never claimed so far.

They did tell me who the company was and I'll dig the paperwork out and see if I wrote it down and get back to you. asap.

Regards.

PS,

SAR: is there a particular link for download and a particular address I need to send it to?

Hi there.

Address this to the company who provided you the loan/ppi.

Please send by recorded post, they have 40 days to comply where you will have to send a £10 cheque payment or postal order, you can track to check when they receive the SAR request on the royal mail website "track and trace", this way they cannot deny receiving this and have 40 days from then.

Here is a SAR template letter that one of the highest members added on the front index page.

This letter you can use for anything, its not just for banks, because you have had an account with this loan company they must supply you with everything they have on you, even phone call transcripts etc.

Good luck and here is the template as below.;-)

Your address

Their Address

Date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Your name: xxxxxx

Account No/ No’s

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts And or credit cards

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans and or credit cards, payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts and or credit card with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

Your name

Sign your signature and put a line through it so you will know if you see it again:o You never know

They have 40days to comply under the Data Protection Act, but do be nice and allow some time for postage. Which should always be by recorded delivery, so you can prove that they did receive.

Just asked the wife about the PPI claim for they sent me months ago and she said she threw it out because we didnt claim.

Will check my paperwork tomorrow when I get home from work and report back.

Regards,

PS,

Why not calll them and ask?

• 4 months later...

Guys,

I sent the below letter off to Welcome on the 31/12/08 and they received it on the 3rd Jan 09, was sent via registered post so I know they received it via tracking.

The letter reads:

Customer Number: xxxxxxx

Account numbers: xxxxxxx and xxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam,

We writing in relation to the above account’s specifically the payment protection policy’s (PPI) associated to the accounts which we believe was mis-sold.

We believe you have not treated us fairly for the following reasons;

1) We was told that we had to take out the insurance or we could not get our loans.

2) We were not asked whether we already had any existing insurance or employer benefits that would cover our repayments.

3) It was not explained to us that the PPI would not run for the full term of our loans.

Unless you can prove that the policy’s were fair and reasonable and that we were treated fairly when sold the insurance, we demand a full refund of all premiums and subsequent interest on these payments that we have paid to date in relation to these policy’s. We are also seeking 8% statutory interest to be added to each payment we have made as this is the amount a court would pay.

The above also applies to a previous account with you that we refinanced. The new refinanced account number is: xxxxxxx. We are unable recall the old account number but we seek to recover the PPI charges for this old account as per this letter.

We look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks we shall contact the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint and possibly seek legal advice for county court action to recover the above.

Yours faithfully,

Can someone tell me how long they have to reply and whats the next stage.

Regards

Edited by Realist

I contacted Welcome in regards to the above and they state that they do not give full refunds but refunds on a pro-rata basis.

Can someone confirm this is the case and welcome are sending out a leaflet with the PPI's terms and conditions. Are these T&C applicable to me now considering I took the agreements out in 2005.

Regards.

Asked someone at Welcome who the insurance is with and he quoted "Norwich Union".

Regards

was it welcome direct who sent the ppi claim form

you can ask who the ppi insurance is with but you wil not get an answer

try it

Why would you say that? or are you saying that Welcome have no actual insurance in place but hope peeps like me do not make a claim.

Anyway, I presume the insurance is under Welcome own name not mine and I presume they have a block of insurance policies and not just one for me.

Why would you say that? or are you saying that Welcome have no actual insurance in place but hope peeps like me do not make a claim.

Anyway, I presume the insurance is under Welcome own name not mine and I presume they have a block of insurance policies and not just one for me.

God welcome really annoy me, they are still at it. I'm sure like postggj says they don't even take out policys for their loans. I believe they use someone called "Direct Group" who administers there PPI policys.

Mark

Halifax Current Account Claim £441

Statements Received 11/08/2006

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

Standard letter Received 29/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

Offer Received 20/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Settled in full :) 07/10/2006

LLoyds Current Account Claim £773.27 inc interest

Statements Received 21/08/2006 Only half received :evil:

Prelim Sent

Barclays Current Account Claim £717.71 inc interest

Statements Received End of Aug postage not paid - lol

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Offer Received and Rejected 04/10/2006

Will be taking on Welcome Finance and Southern Pacific Mortgages Soon. :-x

like i said before

welcome use a company called direct group who addmin the policies

the underwriter so welcome say is norwich union,

funny that norwich union have never heard of you

welcom and direct group have some sort of unholy alliance to screw the customer

a few of us believe this insurance racket is all done inhouse

cant say to much more but very close now to the truth

Hi guys. I can relate to you here. I took out car finance in Jan 2006 through a brokers office in Nottingham. PPI included and 50% deposit paid. Never got any information on who the PPI was actually covered by. Infact only got the policy document several months after finance signed as they said they were waiting for new policies to come through!

Anyway, paid it normally, and then was approached by Welcome offering a loan and could pay off the existing car loan. Went to our local Welcome office where oce again PPI was suggested and told preferable as it covered "everything".

A year down the loan we asked a loan check company to look at the paperwork as something wasn't quite right and I was sure the PPI did not cover hubby anymore as he was self employed. They came back with the fact that the whole loan is probably unenforceable as there are several discrepencies on it.

My main issue (and I'm afraid to say, we didnt pick up on it at the time), was that the PPi was added as a lump sum on the loan - an extra £4000+ and that the car amount outstanding was taken off. Upon thinking about this a) I think they took off too much money as no break down was ever given about the car repayment

b) No refund on the remaining period of PPI was ever credited and we had been charged of £1200 PPI on the car - for a loan of £3750

So think there are a few issues here and my paperwork is currently in the hands of the barrister to make sure I have a case to take them to court for recovery of the PPI (and possibly non-disclosure of brokers fees) and the legalities of the paperwork.

Ayone else got this far?

Hi Guys,

Find attached a leaflet that I received today from Welcome but the leaflet is dated 0109 on the rear.

Am I to presume my PPI is covered by this leaflets terms and conditions although my PPI was signed for 4 years June coming?

Regards.

Welcome Finance PPI Leaflet

Edited by Realist

• 1 month later...

Per my post above regarding the letter I sent off on the 31/12/08 and I faxed it to my local branch as well just in case. So far all I have received from Welcome is the above leaflet and some peep on the phone quoting the terms of this leaflet and thats all.

Its now been almost 2 months and no other communication has been received from Welcome so whats my next course of action?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Well all I can say is thanks all for the help and advice. Its been close to 3 months and so far not received a single reply from Welcome in regards to my letter above.

So what now?