New Mass Junk Mailing by MacHall

ODC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok hands up everyone who received a silly begging letter from our good buddies in Kilmarnock today.

I did and I can honestly say that I havent a baldy notion as to what they are rabbitting on about. I am at present undecided as to which course of action to take.

1. Ignore them

2. CCA them

3, Send the prove it letter

4. Report them under the new CPUTR 2008

I will see what advice my fellow CAGGERS come up with.:D

Its just the usual balderdash with the usual demand for payment before noon two days hence. Like Im just going to send them a few grand as a result of the mass mailed junk letter which Im 99.999 % sure is F all to doo with me anyways.

Well I got one today as well.

Bless their little cotton socks, they admit and acknowlege the debt is SB but then go on to ask for payment.

And 'ask' they can. (Until I quote AOJ act)

Edited by Coasters

And the latest score is...

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

Well I got one today as well.

Bless their little cotton socks, they admit and acknowlege the debt is SB but then go on to ask for payment.

And 'ask' they can. (Until I quote AOJ act)

I assume you've sent the SB letter?

Its just the usual balderdash with the usual demand for payment before noon two days hence. Like Im just going to send them a few grand as a result of the mass mailed junk letter which Im 99.999 % sure is F all to doo with me anyways.

Send them the money ODC...you know you have to ;)

I sent it to RED who passed the debt on to MuckHall.

I then passed them on to the FOS, FSA, Information Commissioners Office and Trading Standards.

Send MH a copy of your letter to red with an S.10 notice:

STATUTORY NOTICE UNDER S10 DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

At NO time have I given my written permission for you or your company to process my data

Therefore Take Notice that I require that you cease from processing within 7 days of the receipt by you of this notice or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of charges which have been applied to my account in respect of defaults or contractual breaches and where the said charges which have been levied at a rate which is in excess of the administrative costs incurred by you as a consequence of the said defaults or breaches contrary to The Common Law.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the first, fourth and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

Failure to remove ALL my data from your databases will result in a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office.

• Haha 1

I never deal with them. As I said in my previous post I just went straight to the authorities. The letter I got today was their response admitting I was right and they were useless cretins (in so many words).

I would report them if you are 99% sure, they will then have to come back to you with proof anyway and it gets them a nice fine as well.

Only problem is if they are fishing they might consider you caught if you respond at all.

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

Only problem is if they are fishing they might consider you caught if you respond at all.

Considering me caught and actually catching me are two different things;)

I think I will file them under @Ignore' for the moments and see what threats the come up with.

babybear many thanks for this.

As your answer deals with data I would appreciate If you could take a look at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/154158-coasters-mackenzie-hall-new-post.html

This is the problem I am having with MuckHall. Aside the debt being SB I am peeved off with the searches on my account which is how they 'traced me'.

This is actually what I am fighting, not the debt itself which is dead now as far as I am concerned.

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

I just reported them for chasing a debt in dispute and tried to start thier complaints procedure, they ignored this so rang FOS who actually wrote to them for once and suddenly case closed back to first credit who also got reported for the same thing and they wrote closing thier file too!

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Also you could look at it this way they might just have helped the post office stay afloat for a few more days:D

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)