BT and DCA.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon

I'll try and be brief!....

Otelo have just concluded their investigations Re: BT and a complaint I made last October.

Briefly BT cut me off without warning, after an extension of payment on my account had been agreed.This affected my pc as well ,and, all 4 days before my court date re HSBC charges...I could not access any documentation about the court case and it all added to what was an already stressful time!

Back in September I agreed to pay off partial arrears on the account and was advised that this would stop my line from being suspended, but until I had paid off the arrears, no payment negotiation could take place. I paid off the arrears, but my line was indeed suspended. ( I was advised wrongly) It was re-instated after a phone call , but I would have to have my present line terminated and be welcomed back as a new customer I was given an extension until November to pay my bill. Now here is where the communication broke down! I found out subsequently that an order to re-activate the account was never given..(hence total stop on my line at the end of september.)

When this happened I rang BT, and it took me 6 hours...yes 6 hours to resolve the problem. This was spent in a phone box and then on a mobile, all the time being passed from department to department. Exhausted and furious I wrote a letter of complaint to BT, and they did not even give me the courtesy of a reply!! I contacted Otelo who took the issues on board.

Their provisional conclusion states that BT are to provide a letter of apology for shortfall of customer services,

a goodwill payment of £15 ( applied to outstanding balance

remove suspension of A/C to recover monies! ( It is with a DCA).

After 6 months and appaling service I was at least hoping for the bill to be written off and compensation for my mobile phone costs.

I have 28 days to respond.....am I asking for too much regards to compensation?

Is this the end of the line??!

Thanks, any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

regards

moving on.....

bump x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You haven't a hope in recovering your mobile phone charges - BT provide a free number to contact them, but you chose to use a different carrier who charged for these calls - this was your choice, but expecting BT to pay for this is unrealistic.

They've not been totally at fault - so I fail to see why you should expect them to write off the bill. I'd push for at least a goodwill payment of £30 and you pay the balance to clear the account. The real issue is if the account hadn't fallen into arrears, there wouldn't have been a problem. As part of the negotiation, I also ask for any adverse data on your credit file to be removed, and that's worth £50 of anyone's time and effort!

• 3 months later...

Good Afternoon all,

I wonder if anyone can advise. I have recently been in dispute with BT regards their service and trying to resolve payment of an outstanding bill. This was taken to mediation via Otelo who asked BT to send a letter of apology , also to reduce the bill by £20.00 as a gesture of goodwill..Bt have since passed this debt to Credit Solutions who have since added 25% admin charge and are carrying out threats of further action if I do not call them and pay them within 10 days. Can I send a CCA request to Credit Solutions or does the CCA not cover this type of debt?!! I just want to pay what I can afford without all their threats and extra charges. Bt have not really given me time to do so.

kind regards

moving on...