Do i need planning permission for a concrete sectional garage

lynzmeek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lynz,

As this would be a fixed structure, I would have to say yes, planning permission is required. A quick phone call to your local planning officer will clarify the situation.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

local planning will give advis as it not always necessary if in the back garden out of view and within a percentage of the original house, it can become a permitted development. However you WILL need building regulation approval. not the same as planning, different department.

Have a look on the local authority website. The trigger points should be listed - I think initially it is the internal floor area >30sq m, will it be closer than 1 metre to a boundary, would there be habitable loft space, etc.

John

planning-applications.co.uk

BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES AROUND THE HOUSE

Generally you can build most things in your garden without planning permission, such as sheds, garages, greenhouses, swimming pools, summer houses, tennis courts (and other enclosures say for pets).

HOWEVER, you will require planning permission in the following cases:-

• Any building or structure between the 'original house' and the 'highway' unless there would remain at least 20 metres between the new building/structure and any highway.
  • More than half the area of land around the 'original house' would be covered by additions or other buildings.
  • The building/structure is to be used for non-domestic purposes.
  • Where the building to be constructed or provided would have a cubic content greater than 10 cubic metres, any part of it would be within 5 metres of any part of the dwellinghouse; see also volume .
  • The building/structure is to be more than 3metres high (4m if it has a ridged roof).
  • The building/structure is to have a volume more than 10m³within the grounds of a ListedBuilding.

But still check anyway, it might increase your council tax as it will add value to your home

If

Even if planning is not required you should obtain a Certificate a Lawfulness, this is just in case when selling your house someone says you do not have planning for the structure and you can say it is not required hence the certificate.

The process is very similar and the documentation required identical, the fee is generally half that of planning permission.

Planning offices usually have informal open days where than can obtain general advice regarding if you need permission and whether such will granted to save on any abortive work and reduce time.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.