UKPC Parking Ticket - Wrong date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a 'CHARGE CERTIFICATE,' in the post on the 12th August - I have only just read the letter as I have been away.

It shows a photo of my car parked in an unauthorised area (I do not contest that I have parked there before) however it is dated the 4th August @ 10:14am. I have been racking my brains but I can't see how I was parked there on that date (a Monday) at that time (when I would be in the work carpark).

The Letter says I can only appeal by written letter within 7 days of notice which is this tuesday. However it also says that if I pay within 14 days it will be £40 and not £80.

I want to appeal based on the date, however I also don't want to end up forking out the £80 instead of the £40.

Should I pay the fine and then appeal, or should I wait before paying etc.?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Also, just want to note that where it was parked is more of a kerb than a car park, it's a raised area which is at the same height of the road and is useful for stopping to quickly run into the shops/pickup the girlfriend. There is a car park adjacent to it however.

I take it this is a private ticket, not issued on behalf of a council?

If so, DO NOT APPEAL, just ignore completely. You will 5 of 6 letters, after letter 3 the letters will purportedly come from debt collectors. After the 6 letters they will get tired of writing to you and they will go away and annoy someone else.

Following links worth reading:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/63235-ukpc-parking-fine.html?highlight=UKPC

Judge quashes £300 parking fine...because it set out to ‘frighten and intimidate’ driver | Mail Online

Thanks Barnsley Boy - I have been scanning the UKPC parking fine thread.

How can I tell if it is a private ticket or council ticket? I had nothing on my windscreen at the time (in fact at 10:14 on the 4th August I would have been parked at work).

That being said, I have parked there before so they probably took the photo on a different date and then dated it incorrectly.

It says on the letter it is a:

CHARGE CERTIFICATE Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice.

Has registered Vehicle Number, Parking Charge Notice number, Parcking Charge Issue Date and Enforcement Notice Issue Date.

Thanks again,

If it doesn't say council then it isn't. Also check the payment address, if it isn't a proper address, just a box office nr, then that also indicates it is private.

The term "Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice" does not exist outside toytown. Now that you know this is a [problem] TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW. Too many people pay these private micky mouse tickets in the mistaken belief that they are somehow official.

Thanks Barnsley Boy - it is indeed a PO BOX Number.

After reading a number of threads on this site what I am concerned about is that fact that if I do not reply/appeal and just ignored all incoming letters/notices that if it did go to court it would look 'bad,' that I had not done anything about it.

What does everyone think? Should I send a written reply?

Thanks again

There is no right answer to this. Bernie the Bolt, a member of this forum, compiled the template letters as attached. They are an accomplished piece of work, giving the parking company no wriggle room and certainly no information which could be used against you. They do not constitute an "appeal", but rather seek to put questions to the parking companies which they are simply not prepared to answer.

I quite using the templates but, for newbies and anybody unduly concerned, ignoring completely is probably the way to go. Any parking trolls we get on here, there have been quite a few, always advocate "getting in touch to sort things out". If for no other reason than it goes against the trolls wishes, ignoring completely seems the logical choice for a quiet life.

As for "looking bad" at court, this not really a consideration. Bit academic since UKPC DON'T take people to court but if they did, the case would be decided on the facts and the arguements put forward on the day irrespective of any criticism regarding precedure.

Whether you decide to write or not, wait for the bogus "notice to owner" from UKPC first. They have to pay £2.50 to get registered keeper details from DVLA, let them incur this cost.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Hey BB,

Again thanks - I don't recognise my letter as being a "Notice to Owner," but it does name me, my vehicle registration etc. so that suggests they already paid the DVLA for my info.

I'm going to send a letter just because I'll feel more comfortable doing that than *nothing* - though I agree ignoring them is probably the best best.

I was just going to send the standard template from that thread - should I add something around the point I was at work in a different car park at the date/time on the Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice?

Cheers,

A

As a footnote - is the letter I received in fact a 'Note to Owner,' as I never had a parking charge stuck to my windshield?

If you do choose to write then keep it simple. Just deny the debt completely. Keep your powder dry, you do not have to justify yourself to these [problematic]. You could say something along the lines of:

"Your invoice has absolutely no validity. The accusions you have made are demonstrably false. Should it prove necessary I am certainly prepared to offer evidence to support my postion. I reserve the right to do this at a time and in a forum of my choosing."

BB's text probably much better than mine

"see you in court you leeching con artist".

I would just ignore them. Life is too short to get involved with these comedians. If you have the time and the knowledge you can get a PPC to bury themselves in all kinds of statute breaking responses nd then send a folder to TS/DVLA, (BPA if they are members). the more that build up a weight of complaints the better.

But if you are new to this just ignore and tell EVERYONE you know about the PPC 'trick' and how to deal with them.

Hi Aeloen,

My favourite reply is, 'take this matter up with the driver'. You of course are under no obligation to supply details of who the driver was or is. Nor supply insurance details or any information whatsoever.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

As a footnote - is the letter I received in fact a 'Note to Owner,' as I never had a parking charge stuck to my windshield?

These Private con artists love to emulate the official statutory notices. Thus the "Penalty Charge Notice" as per local authorities is transformed to "Parking Charge Notice" by the [problematic]. When you ignore an official PCN you get a "Notice to Owner" pay up or bailiffs. When you ignore a bogus PCN you get a notice to owner/registered keeper/driver [they hedge their bets] saying pay up or.............well nothing really.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I have received a second letter from UKPC. I Responded to their 'Charge Certificate,' with the template Barnsley Boy sent me a link for.

The new letter I received said, in a nutshell:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Further to recent letter, there is no unauthorised parking in [location]

There are sufficient signs warning vehicle owners etc.

On the parking charge issue date you were the registered keeper/owner of the vehicle.

Your PCN has been on hold whilst on appeal and may be settled in full at the reduced rate of £40.00 provided payment is received at the above address within 7 days of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

PCN Appeals Department

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it looks like they are considering me for an 'appeal.'

I was going to reply with the following; what does everything think?

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated 20th August 2008 Reference 018081####

I refer to previous correspondence.

I note that you refer to me as owner. I have acknowledged only that I am the keeper.

You appear to claim that I, as keeper, am legally responsible for this alleged debt. I deny this. Please substantiate this claim with appropriate citations of case and/or statute law.

Similarly, as previously stated, I can provide evidence to refute your penalty charge issued at the date and time stated on your Civil Traffic Enforcement Note.

Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter and I restate my denial of this claim.

Yours faithfully

aeloen

Any other advice?

Thanks again!

Hi,

Here is the result of your 'appeal'.....Failed now pay up!!!

If only I could predict the lottery results with the same confidence:D

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I wouldn't go any further.

You have explained the situation (and they are fully aware of their legal position and what they're doing) and unsurprisingly they have ignored you and sent you a standard template letter back.

As there is no 'appeals process', the ticket will never be 'cancelled' so by writing again you are just wasting time and energy. Whether you write again or not, you will still receive more follow up letters and debt collection letters before they eventually give up in a couple of months.