ARC/Tevor Munn Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, Im not sure if this is in the right forum but I would like some advice on what to do about these people, I've read some other posts about them and it seems that they dont have much clout or authority. My problem is that I was a Gym member of David Lloyd in Woking, and due to their poor staffing, dirty changing rooms, broken showers and other facilities I chose to end my membership. So, I wrote a letter and handed it in over the desk, thought that was it but then a few weeks later I got a letter from "ARC" demanding £200 odd pounds. David Lloys claim that you have to give 3 months notice, I gave ONE month notice to cancell because when myself my brother and a friend joined we were told be them that it was one month. Btw my brother also has a demand from Trevor Munn Solicitors for about £700 ! How do I stand on this issue, is it their fault for misinforming me and my brother or would it have said on the contract that we signed, and we have no comeback??? I just dont have £200 to throw away to the gym, rent comes first then food.

Thanks

Hi there

Obviously your contract states what you can and cant do. However, I would say that a contract works both ways. By that I mean poor staffing, dirty changing rooms, broken showers etc., are factors that mean you are not getting what you paid for.

I would check your contract and then write back to David Lloyd Centre by recorded delivery. Advise them of your reasons behind cancelling your membership and say that if this is taken any further you will vigorously defend any action they take against you.

A local gym tried this with me and I told them to go forth and multiply. I never heard from them again. A lot of them think that if they get these folks onto you, you will be frightened and pay up. Don't do it!! It sounds to me as if you had a very rough deal. Also, if you were told that it was a months cancellation and your brother joined at the same time, you can back each other up.

Hope this helps. Somebody might disagree with me and give a more "informed" answer relating to legal terms!!!

Kind regards

Gemspan

• 2 months later...

From personal experience ARC/Trevor Munn have no teeth.

Tell them either to bugger off or sue you, and be prepared to fight your day in court.

they backed down when I told them this

As the case is small claims costs (other than issue fees which will be minimal in this case) so the risks are not high.