Link Financial

Bigdunc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 7 creditors 6 have been very accomodating responding to letters etc... BUT Link who bought the debt on May 6th have only sent one letter, I sent an I&E breakdown and they were prepared to accept my payment of £14 per month yet refused to sent me a payment slip!!!!

I have said help me to help you. I want to make a payment yet still they refuse.

There staff... OH MY GOD how rude can they be one gent called David told me to "Sort my life out" before hanging up that sent me in a rage lol..

I have been handling my own affairs very successfully for 17 months now but this firm is seriously hard work, they dont correspond. Are unhelpful, rude, condescending and arrogant

Just send them a cheque each month for the agreed amount. Religiously.

Don't speak to them on the phone - unless you're a masochist who enjoys those sorts of telephone calls.

PS. I think your use of the word 'gent' is a bit misplaced....

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi Bigdunc

Have you ever sent them a cca request and you might wish to consider keeping everything strictly in writing with these muppets,keeping a paper trail with this lot useful.

they make their own rules up as they go along and are well known for heavy handed, against the law tacticts, relying of course on peoples lack of knowledge.

good luck :)

Before making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the legal right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...templates.html

Letter N.

Head your letter in this manner

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Send this request via recorded/special delivery

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just send them a cheque each month for the agreed amount. Religiously.

Don't speak to them on the phone - unless you're a masochist who enjoys those sorts of telephone calls.

PS. I think your use of the word 'gent' is a bit misplaced....

Well yes gent is not the right word to use.

Is it safe to send them a cheque that has my sort code and account details on it? Previously every other firm has sent me payment slips to enable myself to go to a bank and pay over the counter in cash. These people dont seem to like that amazingly simple method..

If you haven't paid them anything yet, send off the CCA request immediately instead

Dosent make any difference if you have paid anything anyway send it off

Regards

Andy:cool:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes post No 4

Andy