CCA'd CAPQUEST Re: Egg credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

last question - yes, I did post a copy of the agreement. I will post again on Monday when back at work.

Also, latest news is - got a letter from Capquest stating that they won't be reimbursing the money they took from my account whilst it was in dispute.

And, that they are closing the account and handing it back to Egg. Don't know what to make of that.... I will post the letter and all on Monday to see what you all think.

Should I expect to hear from Egg or do you think it more likely that another wonderful DCA will be in contact in the new year?

ho ho ho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello all

Attached and PDF'd is a series of letters from my CCA request through to CAPQUEST saying that they are shutting down my account.

please - feel free to take a look through and comment on any of it if you want to or if you think I should respond in any way?

Thanks all

Enjoy the read!!!

Capquest Docs.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi twinkle

I had a read through the documents and ISTM that they have fully complied with your s78 request and, in fact, the agreement in pages 12-13 is an enforceable agreement, as it has your signature and the prescribed terms - the basic requirement of s127(3) of the CCA 1974.

Whether you should pursue the matter depends on what you are trying to achieve.

actually, id argue that it didnt have the prescribed term relating to the credit limit following the ruling of HHJ Overend in the case of Central Trust v Spurway

HHJ overend stated that there can be no other word than "credit" used to denote the term as the act gives "credit" such a narrow meaning that no other word is sufficient

• Haha 1

actually, id argue that it didnt have the prescribed term relating to the credit limit following the ruling of HHJ Overend in the case of Central Trust v Spurway

HHJ overend stated that there can be no other word than "credit" used to denote the term as the act gives "credit" such a narrow meaning that no other word is sufficient

Well spotted that man :D

Which means what?
On page 12 of the document attached to the post above, next to "About your Egg card" it talsk about an "Approved Limit" when the prescribed term is "Credit Limit" - see Schedule 6 to the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983
  • Haha 1

THey mioght suddenly realise their msitake and give in. This from an Appeal Court judgement: Lord Justice Tuckey in the case of Wilson and another v Hurstanger Ltd [2007] EWCA Civ 299

33 In my judgment the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties (with the benefit of legal advice if necessary) and/or the court can identify within the four corners of the agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirement under s 61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of section 127(3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest mis-stated. As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them. ..."

Wow

Been away for a couple of days and just read all your replies! Thanks

When you asked Steven, what i was hoping to achieve.... I was purely thinking that on the basis that my CCA letter was sent but they continued to take payments from my account.

Ideally, I'd like to get Capquest to pay back the monies that they took while the account was in dispute.

Do you think I have a chance or should I sit tight?

And do you really think that it's unenforceable?

Thanks everyone!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO you don't stand much chance of getting the money back that you paid whilst the account was in dispute.

What you could do is to write to them saying - you do not have an enforceable agreement (and explain why) and offer them a full and final settlement of about 20% of the outstanding balance (minus any unlawful charges), which is about all they would get if they sold the debt to a debt purchaser. If they have put a default marker on your credit file you should get that removed as part of the deal. If they won't then you could take them to court under the Data Protection Act - it would be ugly but you wold have case. What does anyone else think.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Katie 3105

The current situation is I've got no DCA chasing for this, following my last letter.

Egg have not contacted and i've not pursued Capquest for the money they took while the account was in dispute.

Have you posted your letter / credit agreement up on the site?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hiya just wanted to wish you good luck, and say i will watch closely as just had a letter from crapquest about a loan account! :mad:

If i have helped you please click the scales :)

I am here on my own quest for help, although i work for T-Mobile and will gladly assist where i can i am not here as a company representative.

I am not legally qualified, if in doubt seek professional assistance :)