Paypal - Chargeback

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great letter - just a couple of things, because of the time duration of the transaction taking place, as previously stated, I dont know where the receipt for the delivery is - it was not something I kept to hand as its such a long time since the transaction......the fact the item was delivered as a signed for recorded item, it should still be covered as the postal delivery depot will have the proof it was signed for?. and also as previously stated - my paypal account was at zero prior to paypal taking the money out of the account thus making it a negative balance, so realistically, that money was never mine, and its a case of paypal just writing off the transaction?

Great letter - just a couple of things, because of the time duration of the transaction taking place, as previously stated, I dont know where the receipt for the delivery is - it was not something I kept to hand as its such a long time since the transaction......the fact the item was delivered as a signed for recorded item, it should still be covered as the postal delivery depot will have the proof it was signed for?. and also as previously stated - my paypal account was at zero prior to paypal taking the money out of the account thus making it a negative balance, so realistically, that money was never mine, and its a case of paypal just writing off the transaction?

As with regards to the latter, so amend the letter as you see fit, repost it here and I will proof it for you.

As with regards to the loss of the recorded delivery slip. Big problem. You can try to get away without sending it with but you must always keep these things. If they demand to see it then you can stutter and say it's so long ago, you've misplaced it, but that might ruin your case. I say might because I don't know 100% - I've never dealt with that problem before.

Four months is not a long time ago. Consider that Paypal have 8 weeks = 2 months to respond to your letter, and then the Financial Ombudsman Service have a maximum of 7 months to complete your case, but from experience it could easily take 3 months till allocation - so if Paypal don't settle as soon as it is referred to the FOS - which is also a possibility - realistically speaking you are looking at 6 months till you get your dough back - so 4 months is definitely not a long time. Sorry mate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

This chargeback problem is sadly very common.

One thing that gets me is that eBay and PayPal are the same company and yet, chargebacks can happen even after both parties in the transaction have left positive feedback for each other!

That system needs to be fixed.

scottfrazer, I'm afraid without a delivery slip or tracking number, PayPal will refuse to help you.

This chargeback problem is sadly very common.

One thing that gets me is that eBay and PayPal are the same company and yet, chargebacks can happen even after both parties in the transaction have left positive feedback for each other!

That system needs to be fixed.

scottfrazer, I'm afraid without a delivery slip or tracking number, PayPal will refuse to help you.

the_grey_squirrel: Paypal won't help the OP anyway. They never do make a refund or cancellation of the charge till it goes to the FOS. The question is whether they or the FOS will ask for it, and quite often these things get overlooked, so it is worth a shot though I agree the chances of success are significantly reduced due to the missing slip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

Yeah thats the concern, although I have got hold of the delivery depot of where the item would have been sent to, so maybe its worth asking them to confirm the signiture and name that was written upon receipt of the delivery?

Yeah thats the concern, although I have got hold of the delivery depot of where the item would have been sent to, so maybe its worth asking them to confirm the signiture and name that was written upon receipt of the delivery?

Do you have the tracking number? If yes, that should be enough, you can get confirmation online from http://www.royalmail.com.

If you don't have the tracking number then you can call Royal Mail headquarters and speak to the chairman - Adam Crozier - but it won't help one bit!

From your posts it wasn't clear whether you have the tracking number, only that you don't have the slip. If you have the tracking number then the missing slip doesn't matter, but if you don't even have the tracking number then, sorry mate.

The item was sent by 48 Hour signed for delivery - all I ever got given by the post office was a receipt which had the value of the postage, and I cant remember if it had a tracking number on it or not as I had never sent anything like this before. I have filled the details in that draft letter, so thanks for that.

Logically speaking though, the fact that the item HAD to be signed for, Royal Mail would have that logged???? IF they did, that would be the proof that he received the item.

I feel really lousy that I cant find this receipt, ive tipped the house and its no where to be seen.

The item was sent by 48 Hour signed for delivery - all I ever got given by the post office was a receipt which had the value of the postage, and I cant remember if it had a tracking number on it or not as I had never sent anything like this before. I have filled the details in that draft letter, so thanks for that.

Logically speaking though, the fact that the item HAD to be signed for, Royal Mail would have that logged???? IF they did, that would be the proof that he received the item.

I feel really lousy that I cant find this receipt, ive tipped the house and its no where to be seen.

The receipt should have also had a tracking number - for recorded delivery that will have begun with 'ZV' and ended 'GB' - and without it you can't track it.

Royal Mail send millions of items. They are not going to track things by address - especially recorded delivery, which isn't tracked except when it arrives, but not during the process.

They would have it logged but against a tracking number, and if you don't have the tracking number, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Just one thing.....if my Paypal account was "unverified", and the con merchants account was "unverified", how can they differenciate between the two of us? Also thinking back as well, if any items we undelivered, they would have been sent back to the royal mail depot or to me - and as a signature was involved with the delivery of the item , surely this would prove that I sent the item out of good will - along with witnesses in the post office, and cctv footage too of me posting the item. Or am i being nieve for thinking all this?

I forgot all about this issue to be fair, and only got reminded when I got this email from Poopal.......

Dear scott frazer,

PayPal has made a transfer between the balances in your account for the following reason:

Our policy of converting all negative balances to E after 4 days

The following transfers were made:

Negative balance :

-195.00 GBP

Covered From : 247.42 EUR (1 Euro = 0.788142 British Pounds)

What the hell is all that about???????

Just one thing.....if my Paypal account was "unverified", and the con merchants account was "unverified", how can they differenciate between the two of us?

Paypal are unexplainable. I think that by now you will have figured at least this out!

Also thinking back as well, if any items we undelivered, they would have been sent back to the royal mail depot or to me - and as a signature was involved with the delivery of the item , surely this would prove that I sent the item out of good will - along with witnesses in the post office, and cctv footage too of me posting the item. Or am i being nieve for thinking all this?

I'm not sure I grasp what you are trying to say here. If you don't have proof of sending it - and they claim didn't - you wouldn't have it returned to sender.

I forgot all about this issue to be fair, and only got reminded when I got this email from Poopal.......

They have that habit of being annoying when you've put them behind you.

Dear scott frazer,

PayPal has made a transfer between the balances in your account for the following reason:

Our policy of converting all negative balances to E after 4 days

The following transfers were made:

Negative balance :

-195.00 GBP

Covered From : 247.42 EUR (1 Euro = 0.788142 British Pounds)

What the hell is all that about???????

Basically, as the contract between you and Paypal is between you and Paypal in Liechtenstein - I believe - when the money is not paid by you after a certain period they will convert it to Euro's. They used to convert it to US$.

• 3 months later...

hey folks - just to let you all know, I complained through the financial osbundsman service, and paypal finally investigated - and as a result, paypal have reimbursed my account as a "good will" gesture, but still say im in the wrong !!!

hey folks - just to let you all know, I complained through the financial osbundsman service, and paypal finally investigated - and as a result, paypal have reimbursed my account as a "good will" gesture, but still say im in the wrong !!!

Which is what always happens when it goes to the FOS, in my experience.

I had a problem with paypal, and for the last two years I've owed them exactly 0.53 GBP. They stated that they wouldn't let me pay using mine or anyone else's card and that I had to send the funds BY CHEQUE to the Paypal office in America. So I've just left it and opened up another account on a different card! Screw you Paypal!

http://loantime.co.uk/ - My blog about uni and news etc.

Confusion is temporary. Pain is temporary. Ideals last forever.

Trouble is they take a while, but eventually they suspend your new account because it has similarities with an account that has a dispute, namely your account with the 53p!!!

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!