robinson way demanding more money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: have debt for £2700 with robinson way for 3 n half years now, i have paid them every month by standing order of £50 and never missed a payment. they phoned yesterday sayin i can settle the debt now, and save £70 i told them i was not in the postion to pay that amount, so they got funny and said i have topay £100 for the next 3 months or i will have charges added to the account. i said i was happy paying the £50 and will continue to do so till the end, but they said they couldnt accept it and started asking how much i get paid,i refused to tell them anymore personal information and if they wanted to get any more money off me to take me to court. am doing the right thing n can they actually do anything now.(i only have 6 payments of £50 left)

DON'T talk to them on the phone, they will only try to threaten and pressure you. They have no authority to make you pay money that you don't have/cannot afford or to levy unfair charges. If they do put charges on the account, you can dispute them. Send them the telephone harrassment letter - I'm sure someone will be able to provide a link to the template.

I find it rather strange that they would start hassling you for more money now, as you only have 6 payments left. And have paid them for 42 months on time as agreed

Maybe some DCA monkey is trying to get some commission for early settlement

If you are happy to pay £50 for the next six months and can afford to do so, I would suggest you ignore their demands and continue as you are doing

As for the extra charges tell them to stuff it (in a polite letter of course)

It sounds to me as though Robbers Way are feeling the pinch

If it was me I would say I have paid enough so sod your £300

No doubt some-one else with expert knowledge will come along soon and help you

So please take their advice over mine

robinson way are phoning me every 3-4 months wanting MORE money,It's called a courtesy call by them, .....and I tell them I'm not paying anymore get stuffed (or words to that effect).....I also have been paying them regularely for the last 2 years and never send them any info or answered the socalled securityquestions....they got my name, adress,phonenumber,....and sending me monthly letters....what more do they need ?????W.M.

:)

.......Thanks Mr. Ton,....it's a waterdebt I'm paying which went to court some years ago but as I was out of the country in that time ( for about 2months) I didnt defend it on the court papers and so it got send to robbersway.....W.M.

:)

:confused: have debt for £2700 with robinson way for 3 n half years now, i have paid them every month by standing order of £50 and never missed a payment. they phoned yesterday sayin i can settle the debt now, and save £70 i told them i was not in the postion to pay that amount, so they got funny and said i have topay £100 for the next 3 months or i will have charges added to the account. i said i was happy paying the £50 and will continue to do so till the end, but they said they couldnt accept it and started asking how much i get paid,i refused to tell them anymore personal information and if they wanted to get any more money off me to take me to court. am doing the right thing n can they actually do anything now.(i only have 6 payments of £50 left)

Report them to Trading Standards and the OFT for breaching guidlines:

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

c. using more than one debt collection business at the same time

resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties

d. not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different

parties

e. not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a

different debt collector

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

Charging for debt collection

2.9 Charges should not be levied unfairly.

2.10 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. claiming collection costs from a debtor in the absence of express

contractual or other legal provision

b. misleading debtors into believing they are legally liable to pay

collection charges when this is not the case, for example, when there

is no contractual provision

c. not giving an indication in credit agreements of the amount of any

charges payable on default

d. applying unreasonable charges, for example, charges not based on actual

and necessary costs

e. applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.

Request a copy of RW's complaints procedure and make a formal complaint.

thank you for your advice guys!!!! i havent heard anythin from them yet they have took the usual £50 out my bank witch goes to show they cant take more as they said they was going to lol, n courtesy call they could try callin it that if they was actually courtious