Admin fee from rental company on top of ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

here is the email that i sent to Enterprise on thursday 7th;

You have debited £35 from my account, as an administration fee for forwarding my details to the police and notifying myself of a speeding ticket.

I note, from your terms and conditions, that two references to this possible charge are made;

First, it requires me to pay “A reasonable administration fee…” in such circumstances.

Secondly, it is stated that it must be no more than £50.

While I accept that you have fulfilled your obligations, in respect of the second, I cannot accept that you have, in respect of the first; that is to say, I cannot accept that this represents a fair charge for the generation and posting of two such standard letters. I imagine them to be standard database reports with the absolute minimum of manual intervention.

I paid £399.52 for the vehicle for 9 days and would have hoped that you could have done this for no extra cost. If this is not to be the case, having committed yourself to a reasonable fee, I feel entitled to ask you to reveal your costs and how you have arrived at such a figure?

no reply, as yet, but the area manager has made attempts to contact me. and here is the letter that i intend to drop off at my bank, at lunchtime;

An error has been made on my account. £35 was taken from my account by “ENTERPRISE” on 5th August 2008. I have contacted them to tell them that I am in dispute with them over this payment.

I would ask that this money be fully and immediately refunded to my account, which I understand to be my right, in law, and part and parcel of your terms and conditions.

i have deliberately not gone into ANY detail and we will see if they cave or continue to say it's a legal matter and they can't do anything.

Edited by newacre

Newacre

LoydsTSB - £4,158.82 inc interest @16%

SARS request - July 06

Prelim letter - 19 Sept

Letter back saying how devastated all the lads at Head Office were to hear... - 31 Oct 06

LBA sent - 8th Nov 06(had to send a 2nd as Royal mail lost it)

Summons reg at CC 15th Dec 06

Nice letter saying that they would be refunding £750, no strings! 18 Dec 06

SC&M acknowledged service and will be defending claim in full - 4 Jan 07

25 Jan 07 transferred to mercantile Court with about 50 others

06 Feb 07 SETTLED IN FULL! - £4466(includes a bit extra interest)

and here is the letter that i intend to drop off at my bank, at lunchtime;

An error has been made on my account. £35 was taken from my account by “ENTERPRISE” on 5th August 2008. I have contacted them to tell them that I am in dispute with them over this payment.

Again I would have recommended avoiding any suggestion it is a "disputed charge" and just maintained it was a "banking error".

I would ask that this money be fully and immediately refunded to my account, which I understand to be my right, in law, and part and parcel of your terms and conditions.

"I would ask.." seems a bit polite. :-) I think something like "In line with my Direct Debit Guarantee Mandate, I request that you make a full and immediate repayment to my account".

i have deliberately not gone into ANY detail and we will see if they cave or continue to say it's a legal matter and they can't do anything.

I think because of your first statement, i.e. you have told the bank you have a dispute with Enterprise, they will stand their ground as you are effectively admitting it was not an error, more a disagreement over the level of charge, therefore it is a "legal matter" as they say and nothing to do with them.

crem

thanks for that and i take your points but they are going to look into the matter and come to their own conclusions, irrespective of what i say. they will know the facts before they do anything. i, either have the right to have this refunded or i do not and if i don't then i will have to pursue them via other means.

Newacre

SARS request - July 06

Prelim letter - 19 Sept

Letter back saying how devastated all the lads at Head Office were to hear... - 31 Oct 06

speak of the devil. lloyds just rang and said that i need to speak to the relevant dept. they have already knocked it back, so i think it is back to square one. i could try again but the first question that she asked me was if i had had any dealings with the company. i cannot tell them i didn't, so i will just try insisting that they do not make any judgments and do my bidding.

Newacre

SARS request - July 06

Prelim letter - 19 Sept

spoke to the regional mgr at enterprise and he was sympathetic and said that he saw my point and would take it up and had never had a complaint of this type, before.

then, 15 minutes of arguing the toss with someone at my lloyds branch. she just kept saying that i had consented to this in the terms and conditions and that meant that it was not an 'error'. i kept making the point that she was effectively making a judgment about what was reasonable as that was all that i had consented to. she kept telling me to take it up with enterprise. i asked her to read out the banks T&Cs that she was interpreting but she just told me that that was the banks position and i could complain if i didn't like it. in the end she hung up :D.

Newacre

SARS request - July 06

Prelim letter - 19 Sept

got an email from the branch, saying that the area manager has decreed that i get a FULL refund. apparently, they are chasing the fleet business from my company. what that has to do with me, i have no idea but they're giving me my money back.

the way i have been spoken to by the bank has infuriated me and i intend to take it up with them. a lot of good it will do but am still going to have a word.

Newacre

SARS request - July 06

Prelim letter - 19 Sept

just rang them and they said that they cannot do anything unless i have been charged for goods i did not receive or charged twice or something.

You HAVE been charged twice: once by the police and once by the car rental company.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

the way i have been spoken to by the bank has infuriated me and i intend to take it up with them. a lot of good it will do but am still going to have a word.

Welcome to the world of dealing with banks!

You wouldn't think £35 would bother a multi million pound company, but banks hate giving refeunds, even when they are legally required to. Most people give up, which is what they're planning on.