Banks Charges

JJ99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am astounded at the number of people who are writing on this site about being charged.

Yes Banks charges are expensive but if you make sure you leave enough money to cover your bills then you wont get charged. Why don't you all set up your direct debits to go out of your account the day after you get paid then you wont get charged?!

Who cares about the legality of the charges? If you run your account right you wont get them at all. I for one have only been charged once due to a mis calculation when i started new job. I rang my bank (Barclays) explained the situation they were really nice and refunded it for me.

If banks eliminate or reduce the charges payable they will got rid of free banking. I for 1 certainly don't want to pay for every transaction on my account. It will be so much more expensive.

Thank you for your input.

I, for one, do care about whether banks behave in a lawful way and, until they do so, I will hope to see them taken to task.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but, in my view, you are wrong.

Why don't you all set up your direct debits to go out of your account the day after you get paid then you wont get charged?!

If you knew anything about banking you would know that you cannot set the frequency of a DD. You can only request a convenient date. Many time I hav been charged because a company took money from my account 48 hours earlier than they should have done. DDs are controlled by the companies and basically give them carte blanch to take what they want when they want. And the banks arent very sympathetic after the 4th or 5th occasion.

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

Why don't you all set up your direct debits to go out of your account the day after you get paid then you wont get charged?!

If you knew anything about banking you would know that you cannot set the frequency of a DD. You can only request a convenient date. Many time I hav been charged because a company took money from my account 48 hours earlier than they should have done. DDs are controlled by the companies and basically give them carte blanch to take what they want when they want. And the banks arent very sympathetic after the 4th or 5th occasion.

I have had my bank account for 10 years. I called my direct debit providers and told them to always take the payment on the 23rd of each month. Not once have they ever taken the direct debit early. I think that you may have an issue with the direct debit provider as opposed to your bank. If they do not take it on the date agreed with you they are liable to pay any charges you get as a result

JJ99 - I am sure that everyone of us on here who have experienced these punitive charges from the bank are very envious of you having never had charges. What brought you to the forum? :?

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

You wont find any savings accounts on here, we haven't got any money left to save the banks have taken it all :roll:

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

I was just curious. I believe that everyone has the ability to control their lives including their bank accounts. It just takes a little effort

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks