Rotaryboy v Nationwide

rotaryboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope I'm doing the right thing here as Nationwide are one of the very few banks who will let me have an account! (I have had a very bad run over the past 2-3 years resulting in more black marks than a Dalmation!)

I sent off the initial request for repayment of charges incurred over the past 10 months equalling £480.88 last week (5/7/06), but I don't have a backup account if they chose to get awkward!

Anyway, I will keep you informed of further developments!

BTW the address I used was:

Member Service,

Nationwide Building Society,

Kings Park Road,

Moulton Park,

Northampton

NN3 6NW.

should I have used any other contact details?

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

11/8/06 moneyclaim issued

25/8/06 letter received saying NW will pay back charges in full :-D £50.88 rec'd

31/8/06 remaining £480.00 rec'd today SETTLED IN FULL!

2)Lloyds TSB

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

10/10/06 statements rec'd

11/10/06 1st letter requesting payment for circa £5500 - (personal account) - have circa £1100 still to claim on business accounts

This is the big one!;)

Hi

Well done on starting BUT you NEED TO GET ANOTHER ACCOUNT.

They WILL close down your account - they are doing it with everyone else who has claimed charges back so please, please set yourself one up. Even with bad credit you will get one. You need to see here as there is a really good thread about where to open one.

Best of luck and keep us updated. (That address is fine, by the way)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure what the situation was on that front! I'll speak to Co-Op as one of my gripes with Nationwide is no debit card which is handy when the caspoint at my local shop is empty! (regular occurance as I live in a heavily student populated area!) Also the charges seem more reasonable!

I'll keep everyone informed!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

25/8/06 letter received saying NW will pay back charges in full :-D £50.88 rec'd

2)Lloyds TSB

11/10/06 1st letter requesting payment for circa £5500 - (personal account) - have circa £1100 still to claim on business accounts

This is the big one!;)

Co-Op do a visa electron debit card which is getting very common now in places to be able to use it. It used to be quite limited but nearly everywhere I know now takes it. It can take a couple of weeks to get everything through so start doing that straightaway so you have it in place.

Very best of luck with it all :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

I was in a similar position to you; wanting to get money out of the Nationwide (over £2300 in my case - mostly charges run up while I was ill with depression), but with a bad credit history.

I thoroughly recommend the Natwest Step Account. You can apply on-line, and as long as you're honest about the position you should get it. They give you a Solo debit card, with which you can't go overdrawn as they authorise every transaction. I don't really want to use it, I'd rather stay with Nationwide, but it seems my chances of that are very slim.

Do get another account sorted out, then you can go after them with no worries!

Nationwide: £2443. Settled in full

Co-operative Bank Visa: £351. Settled in full.

MBNA Visa: £476. Settled in full.

AA Account with Capital Bank: £80. Settled in full.

Capital One Visa: £160. Settled in full.

Paragon Personal Finance: £120 fees SETTLED ERC claim withdrawn Feb 07.

Kensington Mortgages: Claim withdrawn Feb 07.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got the accout with Co-Op! which was nice!

Have heard NOTHING not even an acknowledgement from Nationwide, sending the 2nd letter today!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well last week I had a letter saying that Nationwide were sorry that I felt mistreated and they were refunding me £90 that had been charged since my initial letter! So the £480 still stands as far as I'm concerned! Should I just carry on regardless?

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

Cheers, I'll be lodging my moneyclaim on Thursday then!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

Well looking at when I sent the 2nd letter, Moneyclaim should be done today, I'll get on to that after lunch.

You never know, I could have some extra cash by the end of the month! I'm about to start my battle with Lloyds too!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

There is no 'could' about it - if you lodge your moneyclaim today you'll have some extra cash by the end of next week :) I'm just about to start Lloyds TSB as well, one I am not particularly looking forward to.

Well after arguing with the moneyclaim website for the whole of Thursday, I finally worked out that you can't pay online with an Electron card! :(

So I lodged my moneyclaim the old fashioned way in triplicate at the county court on Friday! Here we go!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

Keep us updated :) As soon as you get the form that they have acknowledged with intent to defend, keep checking that account :)

Will do! Cheers for all the help so far, LloydsTSB next! That one will be big I suspect as I remember about 4 or 5 years ago being charged over £600 in one month! I am just mentally preparing myself fo that one as I hear they are getting a bit awkward!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

I'm doing Lloyds now too for my husband - sent my DPA request last week and I know that will come to around £4k at the bare minimum. Not looking forward to it as they are not easy like this lot!

Out of interest, how long should I expect to wait for an acknowledgement of the moneyclaim? I have heard nothing and it is a week sine I filed the paperwork at my local county court.

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

Filing in person usually takes a bit longer, about a week to ten days I would say. You could give the court a call and see if they have done it.

cheers, I'll do that on monday as I don't have the receipt in the office!

battle continues ;)

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

Bit of an update:

Spoke to county court yesterday, papers were served on 17/8/06 (or last Thursday for those of you without a calender handy), so Natiowide have 14 days from then deadline 31/8/06 then.......

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

I still haven't received my acknowledgement through :(

When I spoke to the court on Monday they told me the paperwork had been served on Thurs 17/8 and I should have a copy, still nothing and no improvemnt on my paultry account ballance :mad:

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

OK so I got my court costs and interest paid back on Friday afternoon, letter arrived stating I would receive the full charges back! Waiting for the £480 to hit my account now!

fingers x'd but I think it's all done!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

Checked account this morning and the full payment of £480 is in the account! TOP JOB PEOPLE! Thanks for the help so far, now on to LloydsTSB!

Rotaryboy v

1)Nationwide

2)Lloyds TSB

This is the big one!;)

Brilliant news - very pleased for you :)

I'm onto TSB now as well.