Council Gar Park run by NCP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked all day on a free car park in Wrexham, as I have done before. On returning I found a PCCN on my windscreen. It contains all the usual , date offence and time of issue. It all looks very official. It reads violation 15, which on the back says"Parked not in accordance with signage displayed" and they are demanding £100 (usual discount if payed within 14days).

The area of car park I was in was quite large and had no signs apart from one telling of CCTV.

I returned the next day and found a sign at the entrance (max 2 hours), no details of penalties, just that they woud be enforced.

The Wrexham internet site details all car parks and limitations in Wrexham, except this one.

Should I just ignore this, or appeal and on what grounds?

Hi

Was the sign at the entrance put there after your pccn or have you just not seen it before ? and is there any other ways into the car park that are not sign posted

Dont think i`d be keen to pay that one but i`m afraid thats no indication of anything as i resent paying for parking anywhere and the same goes for the extortion they call fines for not complying,dont admit it was you in the car either way and i`d record any communication you have with the facists :)

Someone with more knowledge on the subject will surely be along soon

S.C

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

IF I`VE BEEN OF HELP PLEASE TICKLE MY SCALES :D

Thanks for the feedback. I think the sign was there before (I don't know how long)I just did not see it. Does this mean it was not ample and appropriate? There is another entrance, I must check that out!

there`s a couple of template letters here,dunno if they are any good to you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119917-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Hopefully there will be a way out of this,badly positioned sign maybe it was covered by something,no sign on the other entrance and of course thats the one you allways used :-),wasn`t you in the car and you dont know who it was as lots of people use your car

Good luck anyway i`ll be back if i find out anything to your advantage and i`d go for the dont speak to them on the phone EVER only communicate by recorded delivery

S.C

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

And is it a PPC ticket ??

The OP has stated 'council car park' and has mentioned NCP - but NCP services DO council enforcement in some council car parks / on street etc.

Im not saying the ticket is enforceable .... but lets at least find out if it is a council or a ppc ticket before we go about dishing out advice - next thing, 6 months down the line, the OP may have baliffs at their door if its a council one and they have simply ignored it !!!!

All opinions & information are the personal view of the poster, and are not that of any organisation, company or employer. Any information disclosed by the poster is for personal use only. Permission to process this data under the Data Protection act is NOT GIVEN to any company, only personal readers.

The ticket clearly says NCP parking contravention Charge notice. The NCP do run council enforcement, but this car park is not on the council list of car parks.

good point - I was going off the 'PCCN', a typical PPC thing. And as I recall there is no contravention code 15 is there ?

It would be good to see a picture of the ticket..suitably washed of identifying details. NCP may crossed a few (legal) lines with this invoice...

Hi Tangobob,

Just checking - I see Mr Cat was giving you advice without clearly knowing that it was a private 'ticket', and I wanted to make sure !. Nothing like being told to ignore it, then having baliffs come and visit you early one morning, as the councils seem to love to do.

As its a private ticket, there are some good template letters floating around to get them to go away. Having had some brushes with NCP (they used to call their 'tickets' penalty charge notices - seems like they have changed since the TMA came in .....) they wont give up easily - but seem to keep 'enforcement' in house, and dont send it to a debt collector etc. Have yet to see them take someone to court.

And as Lamma says above - im also interested in a washed version of their 'ticket'. I collect them, in readyness for the day that a ppc tries to take a case to court, to show the courts what type of deceptions they try with their tickets.

Edited by emsgeorge
add info

All opinions & information are the personal view of the poster, and are not that of any organisation, company or employer. Any information disclosed by the poster is for personal use only. Permission to process this data under the Data Protection act is NOT GIVEN to any company, only personal readers.

the OP may have baliffs at their door if its a council one and they have simply ignored it !!!!

I would imagine there would be one or two letters before the man comes knocking.

there is some advice that fits any situation ie admit nothing and record everything sent and recieved whoever the enemy is and thats the only advice thats been dished out upto now

S.C

and i certainly never suggested ignoring it

S.C

I have just ahd a reply from Wrexham council as to why it is not on their site, I enclose their reply:

Thank you for your email regarding Central Retail Park car park.

We are currently in the process of updating the Council's web information regarding car parking in Wrexham Town Centre. When this information is complete it will include details about Central Retail Park.

Further to your query, Central Retail Park car park is owned by the site developer and is managed by National Car Parks (NCP) on their behalf.

I think this makes things clearer.

so not a council ticket - unless the site developer is the council...they don't like giving out facts do they ? wait til the PPC writes to RK and then get the details from the V888/2 request plus all the backing information.

without belabouring the point which NCP is it ? (yup there is more than just one).

can you post pictures now ?

It's nothing to do with the council.

Do not pay

Do not contact them

Ignore any letters you receive

They will go away after 5 or 6

Ignore all their threats and lies of CCJs, court costs and owner liability. All complete rubbish.

Expect a letter from NCP, a couple from Roxburghe and a couple from Graham White. Then they will go away IF you ignore them completely.