Bank Loan interest

Trajan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all, I borrowed just over 17000 from NatWest to repay it back over 28 months. As I was checking my Loan account I kept seeing interest charges to my loan account every month.

My repayment is £696 every month, but where did the £142 interest charge come from? Isn't the interest included in the £696 anyway?

Is this normal? I will be totally shocked if this normal because every month after I pay £696 back, they charge £142 straight away.

Can someone explain this to me?

90313160dh6.jpg

90313160dh6.50ca78cde3.jpg

Hi Trajan,

Can you let us know what the APR rate is ?

I am having problems trying to work this out.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I topped up my previous loan of £13.500 to £17.300 to repay it over 28 months. The APR is 10.5%. it was 9.1, but because of my credit rating it jumped to 10.5%.

My monthly repayment is £696.14 (it says 695.80 on the agreement) It is a personal loan account. Fixed rate.

It says on the loan agreement total interest £2182.40. Total amount payable £19482.

696*28=19488

Where is the £142 coming from?

Ok, it sounds like risk band pricing. I still don't get the way they have done that. I will explain, normally what will happen on loans will be the old loan is closed and a brand new one set up with the old loan closed. The above statement is from the loan? It does not make sense to me.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thats whey did. I closed the old loan of 13500 and opened a new one worth 17.300. I paid the early redemption charge as well. I still don't understand this charge of 142. I wonder I could also claim the early redemption charge as well? It was around 300 quid i think.

I have to be honest and say I don't know. I think you need to write to the bank for an explanation.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

It's exactly as Rhinoagainstcharges says.

My loans with NatWest have all operated on exactly the same basis. The monthly repayment doesn't change but the part of it which equates to interest decreases month by month.

Move on, there's nothing to see here! :-(

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08