Council Tax Demand...Why are they now chasing me after 11 years?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick follow up to a Council Tax bill I have reicieved from the council for council tax

I reiceved this demand for 11 year old council tax money today.Now in the last 2 weeks I have been applying for a re-mortgage and was wondering if the 2 could be linked in anyway or is this just a coincidence.

I also did a search on my Credit file also before appyying for said mortgage

Could any of the above have possibly flagged up to Renfrewshire Council during this process,hence the reason why they are now sending out this demand,or am I just being paronoid?

I know there is no record of this debt on my credit file.

Yes it could be from your re mortgage application.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If the Local Authority is anything like mine, they will not be able to find the Liability Order. Ask them to provide a copy. I was summoned to Magistrates Court a few years ago for a very old non domestic rates bill, the case was dismissed.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Rippedoff, It's different up here to down there, we don't have liability oreders as such.

I donlt think that any CT arrears is recorded on your credit file.

At present I cannot see how this is linked to any mortgage application.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)