• Tweets

• thread title updated. so a sold debt. who are the solicitors? TM legal? why didn't ovo do this themselves as they do but chose to sell the debt on for 10p=£1? funny debt you state you reived a letter of claim, why did you not reply too it.? also is there is no indication of the date this bill comes from on the claimform? how do you know its from 2022? what other previous paperwork have you received? please scan page 1 of the claimform and bothsides of ALL previous letters upto one mass pdf read upload carefully. .................. pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466952-lowelloverdales-claimform-old-cap1-debt/?do=findComment&comment=5260464 .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • Thank you again. I'm hoping it will come out in the wash and will endeavour to check my online account. I'm a bit unsettled by not hearing from Booking.com but the host is sounding helpful at the moment. HB
    • I've just remembered that a friend of mine had bookings cancelled on Booking.com about a month ago - and the good news is that all worked out in the wash. I'm at work now but will scribble properly in a couple of hours with the full tale.
    • Thank you Dave. I've had nothing from Booking.com, just a message via the site from the host. I know I need to check my bank account, just trying to resolve some technical issues. HB  
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre Name of the Claimant ? JC INTERNATIONAL AQUISITION How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self Date of issue – 22 May 2024  Particulars of Claim What is the claim for – 1. The def owes the claimant £300 in respect of gas and electricity charges supplied by OVO. 2. Debt was assigned to the claimant with notice given to the def. 3. Despite formal demand the def has failed to pay the debt and the claimant claims £300 and further claims interest pursuant to s69 of the CCA 1984. What is the total value of the claim? £385 Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Energy debt When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Moved home and they were the current energy supplier  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax/Etc...) ? No Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt assigned to JC International Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure probably  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Again can't remember but probably  Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No Why did you cease payments? Changed supplier What was the date of your last payment? Never  Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Shewolf V Barclays

Shewolf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The claimant had a contract with the defendant (YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER) from (YOUR START OF ACCOUNT YEAR) which was conducted on their standard terms and conditions. The claimant claims the return of £1510 levied by the defendant in the way of charges. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further,as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair(Contracts) Terms Act 1977s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999,Para 8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty, they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. The defendant has been asked to justify the charges but they have declined to do so. The claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from (WHEN YOU STARTED YOUR SIX YEARS)to (18/08/06 TODAY) of £363.64 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.33

This is the text you need to put in MoneyClaim particulars of claim. This wording is used to enable it to fit in the MCOL on-line form as it has a limit on how many words(characters) you can use.

The last sentence referring to Interest Shows you are claiming £363.64 for the interest over the 6 years to today. You will be claiming a further 33p every day until you get the settlement.

Hope that helps

I will stay on line in the Forum so post if you still have questions

Spotty

• Confused 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a pain. I only read your second post about the dates and didn't notice the first !!!! Got a bit confused !!

Barclays 1st Claim

Prelimery letter sent 19/7/06

LBA sent 2/8/06

Offer of less than 50% rejected

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

Prelimery letter sent 11/10/06

LBA Sent 25/10/06

CLAIM SETTLED 10/11/06 :-)

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me !!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Your welcome -- Good Luck

LBA 7th June

MCOL 22nd June

AQ sent 2nd August

Settled in full 12/12/06

JUST FILED ON MONEYCLAIM !!!!!! :):confused:;):)

Do I just sit tight and wait now ??

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Feel a bit stupid now !:roll:

Realised made a mistake on the form, only a little one though!!

Because I have 3 fees refunded I had to alter the total amount and so when I did the form, I put the wrong amount in.

Sorted now though. Phoned moneyclaim and they have stopped that claim and sending me a refund. Done another claim now and checked it, double checked and triple checked it!!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Hope all goes well for you, let me know how you get on!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Calim issued today. It says that the defendant (Barclays) has 14 days to reply. Do I just wait now?

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Recieved 'Notice of issue' today from Northampton court. Says that Barclays have until 9th September to reply.

Is there anything that I have to do now? I'm not sure what the next step is.

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my 'progress'.

I have been waiting for a response from Barclays after I filed my claim. They had until today to reply and the acknowleged my claim a few days ago. They now have 28 days from the date that the claim was served (26 August) to submit a defence.

Does anyone know what I should do now? Do I wait, or should I contact Barclay directly?

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

You should wait. Do not contact Barclays - especially by phone !

Just before the 26th August see if you can file for 'Judgement by default' on Moneyclaim. Keep trying as there is a slim chance Barclays will cock up submitting their defence in time. Most likely the defence will arrive and Moneyclaim will tell you it has been passed on. You will then get a copy of the defence and an Allocation Questionnaire from your local Court.

There is good help on filling in the AQ in the library.

Spotty

LBA 7th June

MCOL 22nd June

AQ sent 2nd August

Settled in full 12/12/06

I have been pursuing a claim against Barclays, and I have filed on MCOL and I'm waiting for Barclays defence now.

I have another account with Barclays that I have a few charges on. There isn't many charges on that account. Should I start another claim for these charges as well, or should I wait for the outcome of the first claim. I have noticed that other members have a few claims in process, but with separate companies, is two claims with one bank at the same time a good idea? Any advice would be great!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Got a bit of a daft question that I need help with. Is the 'date of service' the same as the date 'deemed to be served'. According to MCOL, Barclays have 28 days to file a defence from the date of service. Do I count bank holidays and weekends.

Also, could anyone help me with post above 'Re: Two claims??'.

Thanks again for all your help!! :)

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

P.S Also, if I've worked out the deadline correctly, it falls on a Saturday. Will I have to wait until the following Monday to ask for a Judgement if they don't enter a defence? - Thanks

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

If anyone could help me with the above 2 questions, that would be great, I really don't want to miss the deadline for the defence. Thanks again

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

From what I can gather, the date "deemed to have been served" is the starting period of the first 14 days (by which time Barclays need to have acknowledged the claim). When they do so, this then buys them a further 14 days to submit a defence.

As for counting weekends, I would think so.

I think you can file for judgement on the Saturday but it would not be processed by MCOL until 9am on the Monday.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Could anyone advise me on whether or not to start a second claim with Barclays for a seperate account? There are only a few fees charged to this account. Is this a good idea?

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Thanks for your help Ali. Good luck with your claim, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Let me know how you get on !!!!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

The last date for defence was 23rd September, which was a Saturday, so apparantley they get until the following Monday to submit a defence, and guess what?, they did it today. Really disappointed that they have done this. Pretty unlikely now that I will get my money back until after Christmas now.

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

They have a habit of filing right at the last minute

Good luck

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

Keep trying on MCOL for 'Judgement by Default' If you are lucky and it works you will get a result much quicker - Good Luck

Spotty

LBA 7th June

MCOL 22nd June

AQ sent 2nd August

Settled in full 12/12/06

Got the defence through from the court today. What do I do now? I will fill the form in and send it back but is it just a case of waiting? There was a leaflet attached about mediation, is this a good idea?

Also do I need to contact a Mod? I'm sure that I read somewhere that to let them know if you recieve a defence. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

hmm sorry I can't help, but I'm watching this thread for answers too. I filed in the local CC, just heard that Barclays filed a defence and AQ is on it's way to us, are you in the same position with waiting for AQ next (and wondering what to do when you do receive it)?