This is not a CCA? HBOS credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest forgottenone

Just saw you post whilst I typed away ... unfortunately, even if someone else copied it, it will still be unreadable. If you are scanning it correctly, you may be able to increase the image sharpness/quality if you have a photopackage on your PC. Don't know what else to suggest.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, nope that is the way it came, I am scanning it correctly it is just a really shoddy copy of the original application form. No prescribed terms/conditions on it. Even says it is an application (from what I can make out on the form)

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Guest forgottenone

So, as received as 'pasted?' :D I am not experienced enough so may be wrong ... so will post what I know ... if it's an application form ... then ... may not be a CCA.

Also, if it's illegible, sure I read something on here about getting a better quality from them as they would not have fulfilled your request correctly ... if it IS that illigible then it's not acceptable.

I am trying to make it huge and am failing misserably (said the bride to the groom on their wedding night!)

Berrylover,

Try this:

Put the image in your scanner and if you have PowerPoint, from the menu bar, use Insert>Picture>From Scanner or Camera. When it's in the document page you can then resize it and block out the personal details. Powerpoint has an option (File Save As) to save as an .jpg file which you can then upload to Photobucket.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Cant see it its all out of focus as well, but if it doesnt have the prescribed terms on the page you signed then its not enforcable IMHO, the up to date version of an agreement is a red herring and should be ignored

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Guest forgottenone

Powerpoint? That still going? I remember when ... *wibbly wobbly FX* it was the latest business toy/tool ... and it was all 'Powerpoint this, I am going to present a high Powerpoint presentation tomorrow complete with pictures, animations'. :D

Bugger it, I am going to send a letter back saying, "cheers for the application form, however it isn't a cca. Ta muchly, you have until the 18th to send me a true copy of the CCA, if not then I will tell you where to whistle."

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Powerpoint? That still going? I remember when ... *wibbly wobbly FX* it was the latest business toy/tool ... and it was all 'Powerpoint this, I am going to present a high Powerpoint presentation tomorrow complete with pictures, animations'. :D

I know what you mean and some people still go mad with it but it's very old hat when you see that - like someone who's just found a new toy.

I never do presentations but it is much quicker and simpler to use than your average photo effects package and it exports as jpg files so it's quite handy.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

or you could be like me and struggle to plug your computer in!

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Ok, any of you wonderful people able to help with with an official looking letter to say, you haven't sent me a true copy of the signed CCA at all but a very dodgy copy of the original application form which is in fact a pre-contract agreement. I did draft this one up but not sure if it reads right.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter dated 4th July 2008. Unfortunately you have not sent me a true copy of the signed CCA as I requested but a poor copy of the initial application form which infact just a pre-contract agreement As you are aware the application form is not a CCA as it does not include the necessary prescribed terms within the copy. According to Section 127 (3) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the prescribed terms for a running account agreement such as a credit card, and which should be included in the CCA are details of:

(1) Repayments.

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following~

(a) Number of repayments.

(b) Amount of repayments.

© Frequency and timing of repayments.

(d) Dates of repayments.

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

(2) Rate of Interest.

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement.

(3) Credit Limit.

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

You have included a copy of a credit card agreement, however this is not signed. Therefore you have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account and so the claim in your letter that “…the information we have provided you with is all the information we are required to provide you with under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act…” was not correct.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

I therefore will allow until the 18th July 2008 for you to send a true signed copy of the Credit Agreement, before taking further action. I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to receiving a reply within the stated time,

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Good letter but personally I would keep it as short as possible and dont give all the goods away (why make it easy for them?)

You pretty much have them, let the game continue!!

My thoughts would be something like this (its your choice tho :) ):

Dear DCA,

I refer to your previous communication dated where you provided me with a copy of an application of which has been has been noted and kept for complete audit.

My request under statutory law was for a fully executed consumer credit agreement however the document sent does not satisfy the terms under the Consumer Credit Act (1974).

I'm sure you are more than aware of your timed obligation to honour this request however I must point out that failure will result in serious complaints being made to the relevant authorities.

I would also suggest that if you do not have the evidence as requested that you close the account and confirm this in writing.

I look forward to your provision of requested evidence and fully expect your due diligence in this matter.

Yours Faithfully

CS

• Haha 1

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Excellent, many thanks my good man! I shall send that off today :)

Edited by berrylover

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Doesn't matter I am a computer klutz

Edited by berrylover

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Guest forgottenone

I know what you mean and some people still go mad with it but it's very old hat when you see that - like someone who's just found a new toy.

I never do presentations but it is much quicker and simpler to use than your average photo effects package and it exports as jpg files so it's quite handy.

Regards.

I don't have it. :(:D There's always torrents ... did I say that? Wasn't me. Not here. You never saw me. lol

Regards.

I don't have it. :(:D There's always torrents ... did I say that? Wasn't me. Not here. You never saw me. lol

:Cry: I don't know why, when I scanned it it went so small anyway. Maybe I should get myself on a computer course, starting with the basics "This is a plug. Insert the plug into the socket......"

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Guest forgottenone

Edited. Need to be in correct frame of mind eg able to concentrate as in middle of exploding fish in the microwave for tea *don't ask*. :D Sure someone else will be ably able to assist though.

Edited by forgottenone

If this doesn't work ignor it please.

th_scan0001-1-1-2.gif

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

and again

scan02-1.jpg

Edited by berrylover

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Berry,

If you use photobucket, when the image has been uploaded, right click on the image and then copy shortcut and then paste in here

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I am taking them from photobucket but it doesnt seem to be resizing them properly, will try again

th_scan0001-1-1-2.gif

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

I am taking them from photobucket but it doesnt seem to be resizing them properly, will try again

scan0001-1-1-2.gif - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Oh Man I give up. When we have the CAG awards ceremony at the end of the year I am nominating myself for the "most technically inept" poster or the "God loves a trier" award

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Lol berry,

When you have scanned it you must have made it smaller. Its not you uploading it's when you have scanned it.

try rescanning it and make sure you have full size or something ticked

ida

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

eeek it worked but I hadn't blanked my details

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Hope you have changed your bank account since ;)

From what I can see, this is def an application form but not sure if it doubles as a CCA. If it does, I cannot see all the prescribed terms....

Can anyone else confirm please

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]