Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent Lloyds the standard letter which included my ingoings/outgoings stating I can only afford to pay them so much a month! I included a cheque for that amount which they cashed.

They sent me a letter this morning saying:

while we understand your situation we have decided that we cannot accept the proposed repayments.

This means that our action to recover the money owed will continue. We will send you standard reminder letters before passing the account on to our customer debt recovery team. They may give you another chance to submit repayment proposals.

I am sorry I could not give you better news.

Any advice on what to do next?

Hi Shaw,

I had a bit of a struggle with this lot. I sent off about three letters with my I&E and they totally ignored me except for the threatening letters. I didn't even get a 'we understand your situation' letter! So I just kept making the payments I said I would, then I got a vicious letter from their solicitors, ignored it. I kept on paying, they kept on phoning, until eventually it got passed to their in-house collectors BLS who finally accepted. The whole proccess took just under a year.

Interest has all been stopped and I am now paying 20% of the original contracted payment.

So, the only advice I can give is to just keep plugging away at them. If they will accept my offer then there is hope for everyone.

Good luck with them.

Lloyds were like this with me - arrogant and so are their solicitors - I am still at the written ping pong with their solicitors. I told them I would start charging for any further responses I had to write to the computor generated letters so it might go to BLS soon

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Thanks for your quick replies, would it be best if I set up a standing order and did you write them a letter asking them to stop the interest or did they do that for you?

I actually don't know if they have stopped it on my CC. My current account they stopped adding charges but it still gets interest

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

It doesn`t matter if you know you owe them money.

How old is this card? It may turn out they don`t have an enforceable agreement or any agreement at all. You won`t know until you send your CCA request. It will only cost you £1.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

How old is this account shaw?

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Do you know the CCA procedure?

Yep deffo try the CCA, if this doesn't exist (as mine doesn't) then you are in total control of how to deal with this as it is unenforcable so any threats of court action will be empty as you will have a complete defence. As NP says for £1 it is worth a shot, you may find they are more receptive of your proposals after this lands on their door mat.

of course they will, they thrive on the fact that alot of people fear large organisations and believe everything they say and won't dare challenge them. So, you need to do a bit of work if you are going to stand up to them and succeed, at the end of the day, although they might tell you otherwise the law applies equally to them as well as you.

Hi Shaw

Its the same with me, my debt was passed to BLS Collections and suddenly its with Allied International and they are awful!!!

I sent them a cheque and financial statement, they cashed my cheque and are now saying that Lloyds TSB are refusing to accept my offer!!! even though they cashed my cheque!!!

I've sent my CCA so am awaiting that now...

Good Luck x