dduk022 vs Barclays

dduk022
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed it says Barclays have 28 days from the date they were served with the claim to submit their defence. Is that 28 days from the date the claim was deemed to be served (11th Nov), or 28 days from the date they acknowledged?

Hope someone can help...

Thanks, fellow Welshman. The 11th November is five days after I filed the claim so it's 28 days from then, which makes Saturday 9th December their deadline. If they don't put in their defence by then, should I go ahead and start judgement by default, say on the Sunday?

Received my AQ and Barclay's defence today, but I'm worried about paragraph one of their defence, which is -

The Particulars of Claim do not provide details of particulars of the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful, or the date thereof. To the extent, it is alleged that the claimant incurred bank charges on his account for unauthorised borrowings, the defendant puts the claimant to strict proof of each charge and the date thereof.

I have however sent a schedule of charges twice - once with the initial letter asking for my money back, and once to both Barclays and the court after I filed my claim online. Is this just a standard defence, or are they denying they've seen either schedule, despite them both being sent by recorded delivery?

Do I need to send them another copy? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just editing to ask another question. Although my claim, including interest is less than £1500, my partner's isn't. Does this mean he'll need to pay the £100 with the AQ when he gets it? His actual claim is for £1195.61 but the 8% interest knocks it up to over £1,500.

The strict proof I think they are meaning is your copies of statements. Although you have sent numerous copies of the spreadsheets, you could have made it up.

You will be including copies of your statements in your court bundle, so don't worry.

2nd point: AFAIK the fee for the AQ is based on the amount of the claim excluding interest. Ring the court and ask them, most courts are very helpful.

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

hi dduk022 i am at the same point as you barclays filed a defence on 4th dec and recieved aq on the 8th think i no how to fill in have until 23rd dec but don't no what to do after that don;t no what to do after that not sure what to include in court bundle do you have any idea

Go to the library or look in Jonni2bad or Welshman posts there is a zip file with what you need for your bundle

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 1 month later...

Heard from my local court that my case has now been transferred to Cardiff. Looking at Welshman's thread I can see this is pretty standard for cases in South Wales. Hope it doesn't drag things on much longer, I was hoping for a court date soon so I could contact Barclays about a settlement, and book my holiday!

Anyone else in Wales been tranferred to Cardiff recently?

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at my thread, link below. Alex Martin, who I mention as being the guy who will answer has now been replaced by another.

The link's here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/21951-welshman-barclays-9.html Page 9 post 173.

Read it carefully, and don't phone them too early. You've got a while before your Court date.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 1 month later...

Barclays legal department phoned a little while ago, and it looks like I messed up!

They're willing to pay the costs, which total £935, but they say they won't pay the interest as I hadn't included it in my total for the claim. I did however state that I'd be claiming interest in the POC (and how much it was on the day the claim was made), but only put the actual costs in the total. I thought that was the right thing to do as the interest would be changing daily.

Where do I stand on this? I'd rather not lose the £350 interest!

Should I keep on until they pay the whole lot with interest, or do I not have a leg to stand on, and just accept the charges and costs alone?

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Barclays legal department phoned a little while ago, and it looks like I messed up!

They're willing to pay the costs, which total £935, but they say they won't pay the interest as I hadn't included it in my total for the claim.

Did you send the schedule of charges with your claim? When you did your POC's did you only include the charges or the charges and the interest and then 8% interest?

I ask this because Barclays tried this on with me, I had included and I got it - all of it.

Yes, I included the schedule of charges. I've spoken to them again and pointed out that although I hadn't included the interest in the total cost of the claim, it was stated in my POC, and they've now agreed to pay the whole lot :D

They'd also sent a settlement offer to my partner minus the interest, so I pointed that out and they said they'd alter that too.

Well, I'm not celebrating just yet. I'll wait until the money's clear in my account first :)

Just a quick question. Hope someone can advise me. Someone I know who's claiming back her bank charges, and has just sent the Prelim letter has since had a pile of charges applied to her account. Is she able to alter the figure at the next stage (presuming they don't settle right away, the next stage would be to start court proceedings), or would she have to start a new case for these latest charges?

I would have thought that as the court isn't involved yet, that she'd be able to alter the amount so early into the process. No?

yes carry on and add them to the schedule of charges.

you can add on charges up to the date that you file at court.

any charges that you would want to add on after filing would incur a court charges of £35 for ammendment.

hope this helps.

claire

Congrats by the way!!

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Settled in full :D The money's now cleared in my account.

Could someone please give me some advice on what to say in the letter to the court to tell them Barclays have settled? I've seen links to a template but can't find them now that I need it.

well done DDUK , mine went in yesterday .

this is what i sent to the court , just ammend to suit

Dear Sir/Madam,

You -v- Barclays Bank Plc.

Claim Number: xxxxxx.

I wish to inform the court that the claim as detailed above, in which I am the Claimant, has now been settled.

The Defendant paid the full amount claimed, namely £xxxxxx, by way of credit to my bank account on (date). As such, no further action is necessary in respect of this claim.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the waste of the courts valuable time spent processing and managing this claim. I do wish to inform the court however, that the decision to enter into this litigation was not taken lightly, and that ample opportunity was given to the Defendant to resolve this matter by way of negotiation before proceeding with this claim. Regretfully, all attempts at meaningful dialogue were either rebutted or ignored.

Yours faithfully

well done again:grin: