Letter I just sent to Blair, Oliver and Scott.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey peeps,

Brief background to this story is: disputed charges on credit card, 2 year standoff with BoS, they finally agreed to settle on my terms, Blair Oliver and Scott continue to pursue me even though I'm paying under the new agreement, and in the middle of all this I moved to the USA. Got a letter this morning, here's my response:

Dear Ms Smyth,

Thank you for your threatening letter dated 20 June 2008.

For the second time, I refer you to my letter dated 25th December 2007, a copy of which is enclosed for your convenience. To date, you have still failed to furnish to me items 1 and 2 from that letter [this is the CCA requests].

Whilst I reserve the right not to communicate with you at all regarding this matter, in the interests of having you bugger-off and leave me and my wife alone, it may interest you to know that I was sent a “Full and Final Settlement Acceptance” form by HBOS some time before January 15th 2008. This was signed and returned to HBOS on January 15th 2008, and HBOS accepted the revised terms of that agreement by accepting an initial payment of £100 (cheque number [snip]) on 30th January 2008. I have not breached any of the terms of this agreement.

If you contact me again for any reason whatsoever without first furnishing me with the information which I have requested 3 times in writing, I will sue the pants off you and your employer.

If you genuinely intend to pursue me here in the USA for this supposed unpaid debt, I recommend that you research the regulations regarding debt collections over here. You have already committed multiple felony offences under 15 U.S.C. § 1692 et seq., and I have no doubt that this will make things more difficult for your “agents abroad”.

I leave you with a quote from the late, great William Wordsworth:

“Why cast ye back upon the Gallic shore,

Ye furious waves!”

Love and kisses,

Edinburghbeerbucket.

edinburghbeerbucket :D